C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

OBD II PC based scan tools

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 02:32 AM
Robbyp
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OBD II PC based scan tools

Does anyone have much exprience with the PC based scan tools? I'm considering buying one, but there are an overwhelming number of them availible.
So far I like the looks and features (and price; it's about the same price as the crappy one you can buy at Autozone) that it appears to offer. But, if there is something out there that offers more value (even if it cost more) I would consider that. I own a c-5 6 speed coupe (planning on a c-6 Zo6 soon), along with some other domestic vehicles, but I would really like to have something that works well on imports and domestics.
Any input would be valued; I did a search for "OBDCOM" and could not turn anything up, but I may be a little bit forum stupid.

Thanks,

Robb
Old 08-31-2009, 01:56 PM
Gordy M
Melting Slicks

Received 315 Likes on 270 Posts

Hands down the overall best scan tool is the Ease software at obd2dotcom. It is pricey, complete and will do many things most others don't. It will even tell you the fuel capacity of the right side gas tank and left side gas tank. (the 2004 Z06 has less capacity than the standard LS1 by about 0.2 gal) It is an authorized GM software package used by dealers and aftermarket shops. They used to have a less expensive personal edition but I am not sure if they still have it.

Other wise you can get auto ingenutiy (sp), HPTuners, EFILive, etc. which are fairly complete packages. The latter 2 also have tuning capability available.

Quick Reply: OBD II PC based scan tools