C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

1514 code and "reduced engine power" = won't start

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 11:25 PM
civlant
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1514 code and "reduced engine power" = won't start

So I just installed some AFR 205's and a custom cam and I'm using the LS6 intake and ported my stock TB. Anyways, I was having a local guy tune the car for the new setup with my 42# injectors and we were almost done when the car suddenly shut off in his driveway. Oil temp was about 205 deg F and coolant was about the same plus the A/C was on as we were tuning it for conditions w/ the AC on and it read "reduced engine power". 2 strange codes showed up and one of them was PO1514 - something about the MAP to throttle position mismatch, can't remember the other code. After that the car would not start. It would crank but acted like it was not getting any spark. He cleared the two codes and it started without any problems. Is there a table that needs adjusting for having an electronic TB? This is the first electronic TB LSx car that my tuner has done but he has tuned a LOT of LSx F-bodies. Also he tuned it in open loop so no MAF or O2 inputs.

Last edited by civlant; 07-05-2009 at 11:29 PM.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:41 PM
civlant
Racer

I might have found my answer on search - fixing the P0106 error map calculated max table and maybe raising the 1514 table as well. Will give that a shot soon.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:42 AM
0Brian@RPT
Former Vendor

You can raise the P1514 Table and a custom histogram can be created to monitor the actual airflow vs. TPS. I would double the table for now so the car doesn't go into Reduced Power Mode while tuning.
Old 07-15-2012, 05:50 PM
ZO6-Driver
Pro

Originally Posted by Brian@RPT
You can raise the P1514 Table and a custom histogram can be created to monitor the actual airflow vs. TPS. I would double the table for now so the car doesn't go into Reduced Power Mode while tuning.
I turned the P1514 DTC off and it still throws the code, how is that possible?

Last edited by ZO6-Driver; 07-15-2012 at 06:21 PM.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:57 PM
Zip Corvettes
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 329 Likes on 191 Posts

Well you don't want to turn it off for starters. If you actually have a case of a something getting caught in the TB, this is what would cut your car off, if it is disables you will just accelerate away.

The calculated airflow table for the TPS is wrong, like was said above you can double it for the tuning process but you need to go back and see what the actual airflow is, I add 10-15% over that and enter it. This way everything is working as it should. Your tuner should already know about this table.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:44 AM
ZO6-Driver
Pro

Originally Posted by J.Abbott
Well you don't want to turn it off for starters. If you actually have a case of a something getting caught in the TB, this is what would cut your car off, if it is disables you will just accelerate away.

The calculated airflow table for the TPS is wrong, like was said above you can double it for the tuning process but you need to go back and see what the actual airflow is, I add 10-15% over that and enter it. This way everything is working as it should. Your tuner should already know about this table.
Was tuned before I bought it by some shop in up-state NY, the tune seems good at WOT (11.5 AFR with 15 D timing etc) I tuned the driveability in some and runs perfect with normal driving. I went in and compaired the table to some other NA tunes I have from other cars and it looks like the table was doubled and left like that. I pulled up 3 tunes from three different tuners (Frost, Mayhem and un-known) and they all have P1514 set to 3-No Error Reported but these were all on drive by cable cars. Is this code just for drive by wire applications?

So I should copy and paste a stock table in and add 15% to all cells? If I need to create a custom histogram and monitor airflow compaired to TPS wont it just throw the code before I can get the cells to poulate?

Thanks for your time
Chris
Old 07-16-2012, 01:25 PM
Zip Corvettes
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 329 Likes on 191 Posts

The cable car should not have that code enabled since it is a drive by wire safety, I think but not 100%. You are hoping that 15% will be enough until you get the correct numbers. Try 20%, there is not set rule, just don't max them out incase you get into a issue.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:35 PM
ZO6-Driver
Pro

Originally Posted by J.Abbott
The cable car should not have that code enabled since it is a drive by wire safety, I think but not 100%. You are hoping that 15% will be enough until you get the correct numbers. Try 20%, there is not set rule, just don't max them out incase you get into a issue.
OK, so go with the stock table add 15% and log to the custom histogram off HPT forums and adjust from there? Thanks for the help!!

When I come to visit my buddies Chris and Terry in Richmond I'll give you a buzz and maybe stop by and check out your shop. I think Chris Bishop had talked with you about his Dress Up Bolts business before.

Thanks
Chris
Old 07-29-2012, 04:24 PM
ZO6-Driver
Pro

What do I need to put in the tables for the 1514 histogram?
Old 07-29-2012, 05:37 PM
ZO6-Driver
Pro

Here is a link to the 1514 histogram.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9329

Get notified of new replies

To 1514 code and "reduced engine power" = won't start

Quick Reply: 1514 code and "reduced engine power" = won't start