C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Hot idle stall

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 06:37 PM
99 vett babycar
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Hot idle stall

My car is running great. But I've got a problem that I just can't trace out.
When I first start the car in the morning and its cold it idles up perfectly - starts out about 975 and idles down to a desired 835 like clock work.
Now I drive it for about 45 minutes or so and shut it down to go into a store to pick something up. When I get back in and start it up the revs go up, as it would normally do, but then drop all the way down to 400 rpm. If I don't touch the gas pedel the revs will go back up to 1300 rpm the drop down to 300 rpm, almost stall, the back up to about 1100 rpm, down to 500 rpm, up to 1000 rpm, back down to 700 rpm, up to 900 rpm and ,finally, back down to the desired idle speed.Its a real severe surgeing.
It ONLY happens when the car has fully warmed up.
I've got HP tuners, I've checked input air flow, cleaned the MAF, checked the TB but I can not figure what could be causing this surgeing.
Any thoughts or suggestions will be greatly apprecicated. Thanks.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:48 PM
leojnknsC5
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What are your front O2 sensors doing when the pcm cant find an idle speed? It sounds like it might be going real rich then real lean.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:57 PM
edcmat-l1
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 99 vett babycar
My car is running great. But I've got a problem that I just can't trace out.
When I first start the car in the morning and its cold it idles up perfectly - starts out about 975 and idles down to a desired 835 like clock work.
Now I drive it for about 45 minutes or so and shut it down to go into a store to pick something up. When I get back in and start it up the revs go up, as it would normally do, but then drop all the way down to 400 rpm. If I don't touch the gas pedel the revs will go back up to 1300 rpm the drop down to 300 rpm, almost stall, the back up to about 1100 rpm, down to 500 rpm, up to 1000 rpm, back down to 700 rpm, up to 900 rpm and ,finally, back down to the desired idle speed.Its a real severe surgeing.
It ONLY happens when the car has fully warmed up.
I've got HP tuners, I've checked input air flow, cleaned the MAF, checked the TB but I can not figure what could be causing this surgeing.
Any thoughts or suggestions will be greatly apprecicated. Thanks.
Can you send me a run log? It sounds like it too rich, and probably just needs to be leaned a little bit.
If you can, send me a log, with st fuel trims and lt fuel trims, as well as temp, tps %, map, maf, etc. Send me your tune too.
Email addy is edcmat-l1@msn.com
Old 01-04-2009, 08:23 AM
99 vett babycar
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks guys but I found the problem .One of the wire leads to a froft
O2 sensor had burned thru. Thanks for the efforts.

Get notified of new replies

To Hot idle stall

Quick Reply: Hot idle stall