Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

Ronnie Helms WARNING Scam

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 10:52 PM
ProfMLB
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran
Default Ronnie Helms WARNING Scam

In no way do I think a dishonest person like Ronnie comes even close to representing forum members. In fact I believe he does not even come close to representing a decent human being.

I sold 2 other items on the forum at the same time and received payment within days. I know I should not trust anybody, but I still do not want to have the 99 good people suffer for the dishonesty and bad morals of 1 gutless shyster like Ronnie Helms. I don’t want to punish the majority for the actions of the few low life cheats, thieves, and dishonest people like Ronnie. I know I will get ripped off by a few more of them, but I get great satisfaction knowing that I helped and dealt with a lot of honest people, Ronnie Helms is not one of them.

Information I have on Ronnie Helms:

Ronnie Helms
1309 Dexter Av N
Seattle, WA 98109

206 240 8563
206 352 6190

ra.helms@comcast.net

Perhaps we could let him know what a low life scammer he is by e-mail!

Chronological events with my dealings with Ronnie Helms AKA “govette” on the forum:

• June 29. 2003
o Ad placed for sensors in the C4 parts for sale section
o Ronnie Helms AKA “govette” responded saying he will buy

• June 30, 2003
o I e-mailed Ronnie Helms AKA “govette” as to I will put my trust in him and sent the items out Priority Mail.

• July 03, 2003
o Ronnie Helms AKA “govette” replied to my e-mail as to he had received sensors and a check was already sent

• July 19, 2003
o I e-mailed Ronnie Helms AKA “govette” as told him I have not received payment. He stated that he sent the check the end of June (29th or 30th).

• July 23, 2003
o I e-mailed Ronnie Helms AKA “govette” and told him again that I have not received payment. He stated that he sent a second check out yesterday which would have been July 22, 2003

• July 28, 2003
o I e-mailed Ronnie Helms AKA “govette” and told him that I still have not received payment, asked about his second check, and asked what bank he was using and what address he sent the checks to, his response was he got the first check returned to him on Saturday July 26, 2003. He stated via IM that he will send the sensors back and I can keep the check (I have never received). Via the forum he stated that this was unfair and totally BS.
o I responded via IM and told him I have just stated facts and what would he think if the roles were reversed,

• July 29, 2003
o Still no check in the mail. I have requested that Ronnie Helms give me his phone number and we can settle this via telephone. I also sent two more e-mails stated the next steps I will take in order to collect what he has contracted.
o Ronnie Helms IM response stated that he will pay. I informed him that this was the third time I had heard that and (I will believe it when I see it). He supposedly sent a third check.

• July 30, 2003
o No response from Ronnie Helms AKA govette.
o Warnings issued on the forum
o IM from Ronnie asking me to remove the forum warning. I told him I will do so just as soon as I get some action that his word is good.
o Ronnie stated that the money was on the way from yesterday’s IM.

• July 31, 2003
o IM from Ronnie stated that my last statement of not retracting the warnings until I have proof was fair. I IM’d back and stated that I could have someone pick up the cash directly from him.
o I e-mailed corvette184 about his offer to pick up the cash. (thanks corvette 184)

• August 1, 2003
o Still no word from Ronnie. No response from him as to having someone pick up the cash, use a PayPal direct deposit (thanks Stan), or anything else.

• August 5, 2003
o No word from Ronnie Helms, no checks received. Will file fraud charges

Old 08-07-2003, 07:30 AM
Miaugi
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: Ronnie Helms WARNING Scam (ProfMLB)

:eek:
Old 08-07-2003, 08:30 AM
Highroller
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Ronnie Helms WARNING Scam (Miaugi)

This just goes to fortify the fact that we need some sort of a list or this forum is going to look like e-bay
:rant: :rant:
Old 08-07-2003, 08:33 AM
rockgt302
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Default Re: Ronnie Helms WARNING Scam (Miaugi)

This S.H.I.T has to stop!!!!!!!!!!! :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :nono:
Old 08-07-2003, 08:59 AM
MIKE-C5
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'08

GUYS! GUYS! GUYS!
Once again, another forum member gets the wrong end of the stick..............People are starteing to do this way too often, This is to help each other out not to SCREW each other. Please guys, I enjoy the forum and have bought many items and sold at a reasonable price. Lets STOP
Old 08-07-2003, 09:47 AM
0Vette Stripes
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08
Default Re: Ronnie Helms WARNING Scam (mikes99corvette)

GUYS! GUYS! GUYS!
Once again, another forum member gets the wrong end of the stick..............People are starteing to do this way too often, This is to help each other out not to SCREW each other. Please guys, I enjoy the forum and have bought many items and sold at a reasonable price. Lets STOP
People likes them would not listen to you. If they listen to you, then they are not one of them :D. We have to have feedback system.
:cheers:
Old 08-07-2003, 09:50 AM
Mortifer
Race Director

Default Re: Ronnie Helms WARNING Scam (mikes99corvette)

GUYS! GUYS! GUYS!
Exactly! I take great pride in knowing I can trust most of the guys on here. I am proud of this board when I see people giving stuff away and only charging shipping or someone taking the extra effort to get the sold part to someone else quickly.

I would hate to see this become a bad place to try and sell items because we lost trust in one another!

:grouphug:
Old 08-07-2003, 09:54 AM
Busa196
Melting Slicks

Received 28 Likes on 3 Posts

I feel your pain my friend.......I have had many good transactions here and elsewhere, but as of recently, I too got screwed :( :cuss
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=622265

-Busa196-
Old 08-07-2003, 10:01 AM
IJustSmile
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any Forum members with the Seattle Police dept. that could pay this guy a friendly visit? Why aren't these types of members banned? This guy doesn't deserve to be a part of such a wonderful community.
Old 08-07-2003, 10:15 AM
Busa196
Melting Slicks

Received 28 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Ronnie Helms WARNING Scam (IJustSmile)

Any Forum members with the Seattle Police dept. that could pay this guy a friendly visit? Why aren't these types of members banned? This guy doesn't deserve to be a part of such a wonderful community.

I agree with you. I wish that forum "police" could ban certain people....obviously only under certain circumstances.

If I buy something that was listed here "For Sale" and get stiffed by the seller I think that forum admins should have the ability to ban these guys, and should rightfully do so.....especially if I/You make a post in ref to the fraud that allegedly took place and the person accused never replies. This should speak for itself.

I've got "0" tolerance for cheats/thieves :nono: :mad

[Modified by Busa196, 3:15 PM 8/7/2003]
Old 08-07-2003, 11:42 AM
Sweet98
Instructor

Default Re: Ronnie Helms WARNING Scam (Busa196)

How much money are we talking about here?
Old 08-07-2003, 12:27 PM
Z062
Racer

go get him ProfMLB. I only wish I had the knowledge and time to file on deadbeats. I have a guy on Ebay who screwed me on a shifter. The good thing is he already has 2 bad feedbacks and I think they suspend you with 3 bad feedbacks. Hopefully after my patience wears thin I will be able to keep him from doing it to anyone else. I wish they could put a similar feedback system on here but I have to admit that it would be abused as badly as the deals are by the same type of people that it would be imposed to weed out. Without some form of trial or moderation the feedback would become just another way to get screwed by a disgruntled party in a dispute whether they are in the right or in the wrong. Thats the problem with disagreements, both sides are convinced they are correct and I would rather not have feedback then get bad feedback from a guy like Ronnie who probably thinks you are being unfair. :rant: Sorry for the rant, I feel your pain.
Old 08-07-2003, 01:35 PM
Lashtal
Le Mans Master

I have not had any problems in buying or selling of items to people here on the Forum.

There are always going to be one or two bad apples in a barrel. You just need to weed them out and take care of business as best you can.

Good Luck on this issue.

:cheers:
Old 08-07-2003, 08:10 PM
Patches
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 889 Likes on 587 Posts

I really hate hearing this kind of stuff on here. I have had only excellent dealings with folks here and it breaks my heart to think a few bad apples could ruin such a great place. Most people on this board are honest and forthright and I'll continue to treat members like that until they prove otherwise.

There's just too much great stuff and too many great folks on this forum to keep me away from here. :cheers:
Old 08-10-2003, 11:44 AM
ProfMLB
Burning Brakes

Cruise-In I Veteran
Default Re: Ronnie Helms WARNING Scam (Patches)

My loss was only $100.

I certainly would not be SO trusting if the amount of risk had been in the thousands. I still cannot figure out why someone like Ronnie Helms would defraud someone for such a small amount.

Thanks to all that showed support! You guys are the greatest!

:D
Old 08-10-2003, 04:56 PM
11secproject
Advanced

That address is close to me. I'll just go beat the $#@! out of him! HAHA Sorry about the fraud though.

Jason
Old 08-18-2003, 12:57 PM
ProfMLB
Burning Brakes

Cruise-In I Veteran
Default Re: Ronnie Helms WARNING Scam (11secproject)

No surprise, Ronnie's check is bad. He stated that it would be good as of last Friday, but his bank says he is lying.
:skep:

Get notified of new replies

To Ronnie Helms WARNING Scam

Old 08-18-2003, 01:08 PM
CAPN17
Safety Car

Writing a check when you ave knowledge that there are no funds available is a felony in some States, I would check with the local law enforcement or the States Atty.
Old 08-18-2003, 01:59 PM
Stones Kid
Racer

I am so sorry to keep reading this. I have used the forum to trade many many times and have never had a problem. Some type of verifcation system needs to be but in place. There should be a list of good traders.

Hope this works out.
Old 08-19-2003, 01:45 AM
ProfMLB
Burning Brakes

Cruise-In I Veteran
Default Re: Ronnie Helms WARNING Scam (Stones Kid)

It is amazing to me why anyone would do so much damage to themself and not be part of a great website like this one for just $100. I hope I never understand the mentality of this type of person.

Through the forum, Ronnie is the ONLY person I have had any dealing with that has been this dishonest. Trust me; I will pursue this matter to the full extent of the law.

Quick Reply: Ronnie Helms WARNING Scam