Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: C7 Carbon

Would it be against forum rules to keep a list of deadbeat no-pays here?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2003, 03:25 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

Default Would it be against forum rules to keep a list of deadbeat no-pays here?

After looking at another thread I'm wondering if we could keep a record of individuals to avoid when selling items here. I will soon be putting some big ticket stuff here and would like all to go smooth. Just an idea...shoot me if I'm being bad. :reddevil :cheers:
Old 02-05-2003, 03:38 PM
Moundir
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Would it be against forum rules to keep a list of deadbeat no-pays here? ($$$frumnuttin')

it's a great idea :yesnod: Also, generally you wanna avoid selling to people with one or two posts :rolleyes: Unless they pay you first that is :smash:

[Modified by Moundir, 3:38 PM 2/5/2003]
Old 02-05-2003, 04:13 PM
2KVetteMan
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Would it be against forum rules to keep a list of deadbeat no-pays here? (Moundir)

and make it a permanent Sticky :smash:
Old 02-05-2003, 05:06 PM
Road_runner
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Default Re: Would it be against forum rules to keep a list of deadbeat no-pays here? (2KVetteMan)

I agree but it would have to be edited by the moderators. :yesnod:
Old 02-05-2003, 05:37 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----

Default Re: Would it be against forum rules to keep a list of deadbeat no-pays here? (Road_runner)

It might even take the form of "negative feedback" like on Ebay. Perhaps a log of short comments from each side of a transaction. I know it works for me when I see exactly what transpired in a sour deal. ;)
Old 02-05-2003, 06:19 PM
fact5racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Would it be against forum rules to keep a list of deadbeat no-pays here? ($$$frumnuttin')

Well I got my Passport from TuanLe today so I give him a 5 star rating :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Old 02-05-2003, 07:10 PM
RskyBns
Burning Brakes

I LIKE this idea :thumbs:
Old 02-05-2003, 07:15 PM
ronniej
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '06

This is just a suggestion. I currently visit another forum that has a Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum. It seems to be a pretty good idea. I left some feedback for someone the other day and it didn't show up until the next day, so I guess it passes through the moderators first. Anyways, check it out at the link supplied.
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/

Again, this is just a suggestion. :cheers:
Old 02-05-2003, 07:35 PM
buddybgdog
Racer

I think that would be a GREAT idea! :yesnod: :lol:

:party:
Old 02-05-2003, 07:55 PM
RandyVettes
Life's Short. Drive Hard.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'09

I'm in, I got info on a real deadbeat forum member!
Old 02-05-2003, 08:55 PM
devo
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '03 & '05

I THINK THAT WOULD BE A GREAT IDEA!
i have made quite a few purchases here and saved a ton of money THANX!
but i would hate to get burned by a lowlife...
so yes i think it would be an excelent idea
Old 02-05-2003, 09:11 PM
wottogo
Racer

For those big ticket transactions that would just kill ya if it went backwards take a look at the rules at 'escrow.com'. Their rules protect both seller and buyer. Rules for returns and who pays etc. :skep:
Old 02-05-2003, 10:39 PM
Sam Lin
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Re: Would it be against forum rules to keep a list of deadbeat no-pays here? (devo)

This is actually one of the few forums I'm on where the FS section doesn't have a post like that. Most of the time it's a Sticky post, posted/edited by the moderator or administrator only. I think it's a great idea, I find them very useful.

Sam
Old 02-05-2003, 10:48 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Default Re: Would it be against forum rules to keep a list of deadbeat no-pays here? (Sam Lin)

Troy, what do you think? Do we have enough bytes in the bank? :chevy
Old 02-05-2003, 10:59 PM
johnnyC5
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Would it be against forum rules to keep a list of deadbeat no-pays here? (2KVetteMan)

:iagree:

would be nice ... especially if it was constantly updated !!!
Old 02-05-2003, 11:22 PM
TooManyIDs
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Would it be against forum rules to keep a list of deadbeat no-pays here? (johnnyC5)

would be nice ... especially if it was constantly updated !!!
Old 02-06-2003, 12:35 AM
ZO6LS6
Drifting

I think it's a great idea..........

I think it would solve a lot of problems....I also think folks should not be allowed to sell on here, unless they have at least 200 posts.......

Another idea, to STOP the bad apples.is to make a sticky, as you called it...show beside their handles from henceforth...( this would stop ALL but the thieves).
And, the posting requirements would send them on to greener/easier pastures. :yesnod:

Get notified of new replies

To Would it be against forum rules to keep a list of deadbeat no-pays here?

Old 02-06-2003, 12:49 AM
FRC2
Racer

Default Re: Would it be against forum rules to keep a list of deadbeat no-pays here? (ZO6LS6)

THIS is a great idea.....Just for the record I had a great transaction with Antneed. Bought some magnesium rims from him. :cheers:
Old 02-06-2003, 03:12 AM
bdaz c5
Intermediate

Default Re: Would it be against forum rules to keep a list of deadbeat no-pays here? (Ta2C5)

i think the feedback thing is a great idea but i have to disagree with having a 200 post minimum to put something up for sale. i have been a member for almost a year but dont post much. i mostly just lerk. if you are going to have a public forum that is here for all to use you shouldnt put requirements like that on it.

just my 2cents. or maybe i'm just getting my post count up so i can sell something. ;)
Old 02-06-2003, 04:28 AM
HarleyGuy2U
Intermediate

Default Re: Would it be against forum rules to keep a list of deadbeat no-pays here? (bdaz c5)

I agree with Bdaz c5. I've been a member for over three years, but look at my measly post count. I've bought several items on this forum,,including paying cash for my c5 from another forum member.

Quick Reply: Would it be against forum rules to keep a list of deadbeat no-pays here?