Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: C7 Carbon

WTB: I need a good manual transmission for my 01 Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2023, 06:21 PM
etech152
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Default I need a good manual transmission for my 01 Corvette

Long story short, I need a good 6-speed manual transmission for my 2001 C5 Corvette Convertible. Any advice?? My Corvette is a manual 6-speed.
My VIN # is 1G1YY32G815112565. The engine is 5.7L V8 OHV 16V, Transmission is an MM6 Transmission, Manual 6-speed, Borg Warner.

I need a very good working (prefer low mileage) replacement transmission. Any advice?? Go with a new replacement?? or a good salvage one with low miles?? I'm fine with either as long as it is a "Good" transmission! But I need advice and suggestions...

Again, I'm looking for advice and/or a good OEM low mileage "bolt-right-in".manual 6-speed transmission. I know nothing about transmissions!!! I just want a good one and not a "worn-out" salvage replacement (been there done that).

Any advice greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance for any advice, comments or suggestions!

Old 05-16-2023, 10:32 PM
Vettesallmylife1234
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I sent you a PM
Old 05-17-2023, 11:18 AM
Murica Performance Parts
Supporting Vendor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

We can help build a T56 for you. Let us know if we can help!

Last edited by Vetteman Jack; 05-18-2023 at 01:47 AM.
Old 06-02-2023, 11:30 AM
etech152
Racer

I wanted to post a follow up since I have been out of town in Ohio and now leaving for KY this week and a family funeral tomorrow. I've been hit with so many Life-Events that I've had no time to follow up or research for a replacement tranny for my 2001 C5 Corvette.

I still need a Transmission!!

I've talked with a couple of nice forum members here about a replacement. I've just had no time to do further research or follow-ups. Trying to just get thru a funeral and a few work-related out-of-state trips so I can settle down and get time to follow up.

I'm still looking for advice and comments, I just wanted to make a post. My C5 Corvette is still at the local Dealership and they are waiting for me to bring them a good replacement.

Thank you for all the comments and sorry for the delay in follow-ups and those that I have spoken with here. So much has been going on and I am just waiting for the dust to settle and the funds.and to get thru a few Life Events!

Old 06-09-2023, 04:53 PM
etech152
Racer

I wanted to follow up on my post here and let everyone know that I found an OEM T-56 Borg Warner 6-speed manual Z06 transmission (40k miles) for $1200 for my 2001 Corvette Z51 Convertible last week while I was on a business trip in KY from another forum member here named "SuperchargedZ".

I never expected to get a message while I was out of State, and find that person in the same state, In Fact, he was "exactly" on my way home back to North Carolina. I would have had to drive 8 hrs (one-way) but as it was, I was only 6 miles off the Hwy from the road I came on, so on my way back I was able to drop by and pick up the transmission saving time and shipping. Plus I got to meet another nice forum member who had the tranny cleaned up and looked like new and helped me load it on my truck.

This is a great forum and some really nice and helpful peeps here!

I was told the Z06 transmission will work fine and I will hardly ever tell a difference. I may have a little quicker low-end gearing and a few hundred higher RPM on the 6th gear which all sounds nice and a bit of an upgrade!

Anyhow, thanks to everyone for the kind posts and helpful comments. It just happened to all workout! Now the tranny is at the local Dealership where they can get the tranny installed. I will post the results once they get the transmission installed. I'm looking forward to getting her back on the road again!

- etech152

Get notified of new replies

To I need a good manual transmission for my 01 Corvette

Quick Reply: WTB: I need a good manual transmission for my 01 Corvette