Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: C7 Carbon

LS2 402 stroker shortblock

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2014, 09:19 PM
NA_vette
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was interested in this and noticed he bearings in the piston pics are wiped out and the pic of one of the pistons shows detention marks
goodluck, i hope you guys can work it out.

Last edited by NA_vette; 11-08-2014 at 09:22 PM.
Old 11-08-2014, 10:30 PM
2bridges
Racer

this is a real dirtbag

Another hussle on LS1tech - same dirtbag
http://ls1tech.com/forums/negative-t...our-money.html
Old 11-08-2014, 10:44 PM
2bridges
Racer

Trying to scam on protouring site also

http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/1...402-shortblock
Old 11-08-2014, 10:58 PM
2bridges
Racer

He apparently is also ALEX72 on cf

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...t56-trans.html

same phone number in this add
Old 11-08-2014, 11:57 PM
Apocolipse
Le Mans Master

Received 1,290 Likes on 934 Posts

Someone sign up or log into those sites and report it!!!! ASAP!!! Total ********!!!
Old 11-09-2014, 12:16 AM
4horseman
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

This motor also for sale in c6 section. https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...hortblock.html
Old 11-09-2014, 12:37 AM
94FormulaBird
Advanced

FYI...this address is to an apartment complex...doubt he was dumb enough to leave his apt number...
Old 11-09-2014, 12:41 AM
a/c man
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I'm surprised he sent the motor.......
Old 11-09-2014, 01:06 AM
4horseman
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Hopefully the buyer can resolve his loss through the paypal resolution process. Unfortunately they do not cover return shipping. The only other option is a civil one through small claims to recoup that. I would save all records , receipts , correspondence, anything and everything.

Just a shame for all the hassle the buyer has to go through.
Old 11-09-2014, 08:01 AM
Jesse
Administrator

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
Founder St. Jude Fundraiser

Sellers account has been placed in Moderation.

What this means is that anything he posts will not appear until approved by me. This will prevent him from creating any further sale threads, while allowing him to send and receive PM's in the event he wants to answer PM's already received.

I have closed all his other threads with reference to this one and have PM'ed those who had sent a PM to this seller with interest in his item for sale.

Also, if you have fulfilled the steps in this rule:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-disputes.html

then I encourage you to create a thread warning others in the "Transaction Feedback," section:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-feedback-153/

OP, please keep us posted on the paypal dispute you have initiated.
Old 11-09-2014, 09:13 PM
97 SC Cobra
Burning Brakes

Received 110 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Kainedogg
Subd for the closure. Hope it works out. I use to be leery of new members before, that concern just tripled.
I'm with you. I hope you get your money back brother.
Old 11-09-2014, 09:36 PM
directnosfogger
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Does anyone know how this can be averted in future? Is there a way to work through a third party to verify expensive items like this? Sorry you have to go through this man.. worst nightmare.
Old 11-09-2014, 10:12 PM
97 SC Cobra
Burning Brakes

Received 110 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by directnosfogger
Does anyone know how this can be averted in future? Is there a way to work through a third party to verify expensive items like this? Sorry you have to go through this man.. worst nightmare.
There is a list here of guys all over the country who will go and check things out for you. But, with certain things it's hard to know 100% and not everyone is an expert. All you can do is try to do your due diligence in researching the seller, checking it out personally or through one of our fellow members and paying with a cc if at all possible so you have some type of recourse.
There are a lot of good honest sellers here. Unfortunately there are a few bottom feeders as well. Be wary of members with no seller rep.
Old 11-10-2014, 11:08 PM
Sox-Fan
Melting Slicks

Received 345 Likes on 266 Posts

http://www.carolinahorsepower.com/fo...ad.php?t=17189
Old 11-10-2014, 11:44 PM
siemens03
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't want to say too much just yet but paypal is working their end. Thank you all who have posted other link to other scams or other parts or the same parts. All that really helps the case. I also do not know why people have to do it or how they think they can get away with it. I'm siemens03 on Dsmtuners evom ls1tech several others. All same user name and good feedback. Sometimes you take a risk which it didn't seem like too big of one. After the guy beat around the bush and gave me a bogus tracking number I started a dispute which was only 3-4 days after I paid. Then as soon as I got the items I tried calling him with no answer so escalated it to a claim. It should all work out. Just a little more down time than I expected. Thank you all who expressed your concerns and thoughts. I'll keep you posted.
Old 11-11-2014, 02:29 AM
fastasiwant
Intermediate

You guys are funny. I sent the block and the crankshaft together to prevent damage from occurring to the other components. The pistons, rods, USED oil pump, USED timing chain, new bearings where all packaged and sent in a separate box, bubble wrapped and packed tightly. PayPal has both tracking numbers including the one that supposingly didn't work which they verified in fact did work.

Now for anyone local who would like to come discuss this with me, feel free to stop buy. You have the number and address. Just make sure if things get out of hand you don't go file a report with the cops on me.
Old 11-11-2014, 10:32 AM
Apocolipse
Le Mans Master

Received 1,290 Likes on 934 Posts

Good to hear!

This is also why you never send paypal as a gift. That 3% is actually insurance cost.

Get notified of new replies

To LS2 402 stroker shortblock

Old 11-12-2014, 12:23 PM
Jesse
Administrator

I have approved this post for discussion with the seller and buyer, therefore, let's not turn it into a bash fest.

If the buyer does not want to discuss this matter any further due to his paypal claim, then I will lock the thread and open it to post the subsequent disposition.

Originally Posted by fastasiwant
You guys are funny. I sent the block and the crankshaft together to prevent damage from occurring to the other components. The pistons, rods, USED oil pump, USED timing chain, new bearings where all packaged and sent in a separate box, bubble wrapped and packed tightly. PayPal has both tracking numbers including the one that supposingly didn't work which they verified in fact did work.

Now for anyone local who would like to come discuss this with me, feel free to stop buy. You have the number and address. Just make sure if things get out of hand you don't go file a report with the cops on me.
Old 11-12-2014, 01:09 PM
siemens03
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I DID recieve another box of parts today still missing the rod and main bearings. Also in the box was the matching damaged rod from the damaged crank that were "good to go". The crank was in a plastic box with the black sitting on it. How does that prevent damage? I will not be discussing it anymore. How was anyone to know you sent seperate boxes when you wouldn't answer calls nor text. And beside the point it STILL IS NOT EVEN CLOSE to what you described. It is at the machine shop not getting a damage report. You will be refunding me my money. No one here is funny expect you trying to screw people over for their hard earned money. I will post a picture of the quote I get to fix the crank and fix or replace what rods are damaged as it looks like about 1 is junk 2 are iffy.

Originally Posted by fastasiwant

Old 11-12-2014, 03:46 PM
Jesse
Administrator

Originally Posted by siemens03
I DID recieve another box of parts today still missing the rod and main bearings. Also in the box was the matching damaged rod from the damaged crank that were "good to go". The crank was in a plastic box with the black sitting on it. How does that prevent damage? I will not be discussing it anymore. How was anyone to know you sent seperate boxes when you wouldn't answer calls nor text. And beside the point it STILL IS NOT EVEN CLOSE to what you described. It is at the machine shop not getting a damage report. You will be refunding me my money. No one here is funny expect you trying to screw people over for their hard earned money. I will post a picture of the quote I get to fix the crank and fix or replace what rods are damaged as it looks like about 1 is junk 2 are iffy.
I will close this thread since you have filed a dispute with paypal.

When you receive a determination from paypal, if you desire to post the results in this thread, send me a PM and I can open the thread so you can post it, or send me the info and I will add it leaving the thread closed.

Quick Reply: LS2 402 stroker shortblock