Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: C7 Carbon

WTB: Firewall AC Drain elbow

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 05:05 PM
CorvetteSPAZ
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WTB: Firewall AC Drain elbow

I've had a soaking wet passenger floor for some time now, and when I looked, I realized I had no drain elbow...odd.

Looking to buy this part:
Old 08-11-2014, 07:32 AM
XXXLTRP
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the same wet passenger side floor board. It may not be that AC drain elbow... The cowl has a drain on the passenger side in the lowest sump area under the wipers arms and ect. There's an "uddder" that redirects the drain hole to the backside of the front passenger tire. You can locate it by removing your battery..its back there against the firewall. It drains about the same location as the AC drip. Mine was clogged up. The fresh air pickup is also in that same sump in the cowl. When it rains, the clogged udder allows the cowl to backup...it will get high enough in the sump to make a waterfall though the fresh air pickup..which allows the water to drain in the cabin. It comes in though the blower motor. I chased this issue around for quite some time before I figured it out. I figured it out replacing the blower motor and resistors.
Old 09-20-2014, 04:00 PM
CorvetteSPAZ
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by XXXLTRP
I had the same wet passenger side floor board. It may not be that AC drain elbow... The cowl has a drain on the passenger side in the lowest sump area under the wipers arms and ect. There's an "uddder" that redirects the drain hole to the backside of the front passenger tire. You can locate it by removing your battery..its back there against the firewall. It drains about the same location as the AC drip. Mine was clogged up. The fresh air pickup is also in that same sump in the cowl. When it rains, the clogged udder allows the cowl to backup...it will get high enough in the sump to make a waterfall though the fresh air pickup..which allows the water to drain in the cabin. It comes in though the blower motor. I chased this issue around for quite some time before I figured it out. I figured it out replacing the blower motor and resistors.
Just kind of following up. I cleaned out all my udders. The three on the drivers side were really gunked up. Milked all three out. The one on the passenger side wasn't gunked up at all. It was very clean!

Anyway, I seem to still have water somewhere within the cabin, I can hear it whenever I take a sharp left turn, all the water surges to the passenger side and seems to drip more! I spotted the draining right where the blower motor is, just slowly leaking out over time, but just enough to have filled my passenger side carpet for awhile now.

Being that the udders are clear, I can only boil this down the the AC drain area. But that doesn't even have an AC drain tube elbow there, its been missing this whole entire time!

Does anyone have any advice as to what to do now? I feel I've exhausted all options, and it seems I must dissassemble my blower motor area to let it all drain out...

Thanks,
Mason
Old 09-26-2014, 12:03 PM
Marc@Vettenuts.net
Supporting Vendor

Received 232 Likes on 134 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

We have them in stock if your still in need.

Marc

Get notified of new replies

To WTB: Firewall AC Drain elbow

Quick Reply: WTB: Firewall AC Drain elbow