Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: C7 Carbon

Just curious what everyone thinks of all the "XXX seller was great" threads ....

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2002, 10:01 PM
JWSchmidt3
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just curious what everyone thinks of all the "XXX seller was great" threads ....

Seems to be quite a few of these lately, what does everyone think of them??

I'm thinking some type of buyer/seller rating function would be good if the Forum could do it. What do you think??

:cheers:

[EDIT] Clarification of poll answers:

They are great, keep 'em coming!! = Yes, I like to see new threads created after transactions are made.

Kind of annoying/cluttering, would prefer just the bad sale stories, and assume the rest went good!! = No new thread, I would prefer any positive/negative comments be made in the original buyer/seller thread.

[Modified by JWSchmidt3, 8:04 PM 7/18/2002]
Old 07-17-2002, 10:38 PM
C5Longhorn
Race Director

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Default Re: Just curious what everyone thinks of all the "XXX seller was great" threads .... (JWSchmidt3)

I think this is a good idea, but would be hard to execute. If two people have a dispute, who do you believe? Another scenario is, what if I don't like you and want to trash you and cause harm. I could just bad mouth and complain about things.

In the end, the moderators would have to be referees making judgement calls.

Old 07-17-2002, 11:22 PM
HummelS
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Just curious what everyone thinks of all the "XXX seller was great" threads .... (JWSchmidt3)

Nice to know which folks are good to do business with, buying or selling!
Old 07-18-2002, 12:31 AM
GHT
Pro

Seems to be quite a few of these lately, what does everyone think of them??

I'm thinking some type of buyer/seller rating function would be good if the Forum could do it. What do you think??

Like to know but don't think it requires a separate post. Just tack on the end of the thread. :seeya
Old 07-18-2002, 02:17 AM
Wicked C5
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04

Feedback section would be nice
Old 07-18-2002, 09:07 AM
Mean Green
Team Owner

CI III & IV Vote Ho
CI II, III, IV & V Vet
CI IV Bracket Champ
St. Jude Donor '03-'04

see previous discussions....won't be happening :cheers:
Old 07-18-2002, 10:42 AM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Lot's of stuff gets bought and sold out here everyday. While I don't think we want this turning into e-Bay it's nice to know who your dealing with when taking the time to package and ship items. But on the other hand we need someway to deal with the low life's that rip folks off. Right now the only way to handle that is a public thrashing. Which usually starts a food fight.

Tom
USAF Retired
Old 07-18-2002, 04:53 PM
Fahtrim
Team Owner

Default Re: Just curious what everyone thinks of all the "XXX seller was great" threads .... (Wicked C5)

Yep put it in a different section.
Old 07-18-2002, 05:25 PM
Charlie Hitt
Instructor

I guess if somebody wants to say they had a good experience, I'm OK with it. That, for sure, will happen a lot less than if there is a bad experience. And if there is a bad experience and there is a lot of feedback, let the wise be warned.
However, I'm not at all for rating, it would be a nightmare to administer.
Let things be as they are, let the administers keep up what is now a damn cool forum.
Old 07-18-2002, 05:46 PM
KingTut
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Re: Just curious what everyone thinks of all the "XXX seller was great" threads .... (Charlie Hitt)

I think that a lot of deals would come down smoother if as soon as an agreement is reached the poster would on the very first post of the thread would indicate:

Deal Pending with xxxxx as of date / time

That way we can follow along with the progress. If when the money arrives it can be updated to reflect that. And finally at the end of the post the "other" party can indicate when and what about the arrival of the stuff.

That would leave a good trail about the transaction. Price haggling and such is best by email, but if the seller would just indicate in that initial post that a deal is pending with x. It sort of commits X to follow through as everyone knows who the "other" party is.

[Modified by KingTut, 4:47 PM 7/18/2002]
Old 07-18-2002, 06:46 PM
Lone Ranger
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh wait...only came here 'cause saw the 'xxx' and thought I might find ****... sorry... later. :D
Old 07-18-2002, 07:49 PM
Crushinator
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 77 Posts

Default Re: Just curious what everyone thinks of all the "XXX seller was great" threads .... (Lone Ranger)

I think it's a great idea. If you're dealing with someone, all you have to do is search their name, and bingo...you get a good report. Or bad for that matter.
Old 07-18-2002, 07:51 PM
Crushinator
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 77 Posts

Default Re: Just curious what everyone thinks of all the "XXX seller was great" threads .... (Wicked C5)

Feedback section would be nice
Great idea! :cheers:
Old 07-18-2002, 08:01 PM
5.7L
Advanced

Default Re: Just curious what everyone thinks of all the "XXX seller was great" threads .... (QuickSilver97)

don't bother me at all, though i usually just skip 'em
Old 07-18-2002, 08:18 PM
batsallover
Le Mans Master

If you buy or sell....post the Feedback. It helps everyone on future transactions. :yesnod:
Old 07-18-2002, 09:33 PM
warpster
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd like to see another section devoted to comments on buyers and sellers...the topic header would be the person you are commenting on...so to post new you would first search in that forum for the persons name and if found add a post to that existing thread, if not found you would create a new topic header for than person and post your comment in it...this way there could eventually be a topic header for each seller and buyer with all comments about them in that same topic...

I think this would make it easier to find all comments about one person without having to sift through several sections and threads trying to find any info on them. If a degrading post was made and the target person dissagrees with it he could easily post his own rebuttal in that topic so all could view both sides of the situation. It just seems that currently you never know where to look for this type of info.

Just my $.02 (sorry for rambling)
Old 07-18-2002, 10:00 PM
JWSchmidt3
Race Director

Default Re: Just curious what everyone thinks of all the "XXX seller was great" threads .... (warpster)

Listen, I sure didn't mean to stir anything up here, honest. :blueangel: I guess what I was saying, was it would be nice if the buyer/seller gave their kudos in the original thread in which the deal was done, not a seperate one. These 1 or 2 post threads, just for the buyer to say "XXX was great" and the the seller to say "thanks YYY", to me is a little ridiculous. I say put your feedback into the original post where you bought/sold the product. Just because someone has a good deal selling/buying a $20 part, doesn't mean they're worthy of selling $4000 wheels or something. Oh well, just curious. :cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To Just curious what everyone thinks of all the "XXX seller was great" threads ....

Old 07-18-2002, 10:37 PM
BLISS
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Don't waste your time ... I've been asking and posting out loud, for some kind of system - long before my 1st encounter, which was very close to me being ripped off by a seller a while back ... nothing will change, the mods pretty much, gave this section some description .. I forget the words they used - but it's 'everyone for themselves' type of mentallity :(
Old 07-19-2002, 12:38 PM
C5_SWISS
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Just curious what everyone thinks of all the "XXX seller was great" threads .... (BLISS)

Good idea!!! :cheers: :cheers:

Go for it! :yesnod: :yesnod:
Old 07-27-2002, 01:09 PM
WAEC5
Advanced

I'm with JW. We need away to expose these people who dont deliver what they promise :mad

Quick Reply: Just curious what everyone thinks of all the "XXX seller was great" threads ....