Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

NEW! C5 Half bumper / splitter concept! Help design our new product!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 12:03 PM
XLR8BYU
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Stealth02
Second would be a.rear.diffuser that will fit on the stock rear.bumper cover as a lot of people want this without the cost of buying a new bumper cover. This one is from carbon & chrome. We can't get it. It is sold in the middle east.

You can get it, it just costs and arm and a leg because it is all whole new rear fascia. I almost pulled the trigger on it, but once I factored in paint and body, I just couldn't rationalize it. Amazing piece for sure.
Old 01-22-2014, 01:30 PM
RadnessWarrior
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well for the most part the rear diffuser is pretty much non functional for street purposes. It is basically just for looks. But a lot of people want this for the look. The C6 rear diffuser is just an exterior aesthetic. If its something C7 can produce to enhance the look of the C5's that never see a race track and can be adhered to the stock rear bumper cover I'm all for it and I believe there is a markets for it. To make a true functional piece would require hours of track and wind tunnel testing. You would end up with a piece that would not be practical for street purposes. More like this piece in the pic
Well if they are creating any new bodywork, they should be running the piece through CFD. The C5R rear diffuser is extreme because it is a racecar. The function of the rear diffuser is to slow down air under the rear of the car before it enters the free flowing air going over the car. Why not make a functional piece for the track, that can be used on the street. Instead of making a piece that has no function at all. After reading these 2 books I have a whole new understanding on splitters and Diffusers.
Attached Images   
Old 01-22-2014, 04:35 PM
strucks
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan@c7carbon
We have had quite a few request for a new style of splitter that would be unique for the C5 and really help give the car some cool carbon fiber flare while keeping the original bumper. We came up with the idea to create a half bumper and integrate our splitter into it.

Give us your feedback and ideas as we post more pictures of the concept.

We will be offering this half bumper up to where the blue tape is on the car.

Here is the current mockup on the car:
i dont like the half bumper at all.this creates to many install issues as these bumper covers flex too much and vary from bumper cover to bumper cover,theres a reason they make splitters to install under the cover and i definately would not want another body line in the middle of my front cover,make a rear diffuser that attaches to the bumper cover and make it with removable studs for the guys that dont want to drill thru their covers
Old 01-22-2014, 04:54 PM
radar502
Safety Car

Received 289 Likes on 222 Posts

Well for the most part the rear diffuser is pretty much non functional for street purposes. It is basically just for looks. But a lot of people want this for the look. The C6 rear diffuser is just an exterior aesthetic. If its something C7 can produce to enhance the look of the C5's that never see a race track and can be adhered to the stock rear bumper cover I'm all for it and I believe there is a market for it. To make a true functional piece would require hours of track and wind tunnel testing. You would end up with a piece that would not be practical for street purposes. More like this piece in the pic
I think most ,not all just want the look of the diffuser not a real working one ..If a person lookes into the real deal diffiuser for racing it is realy complicted peace .I think just the look of one, something for the back of the C-5 is what people are looking for . Around the pipes need something... That's just me..
Old 01-23-2014, 12:57 AM
calivette805
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

this is a real functional one . Pretty hard if you ask me so I honestly think everyone wants the looks of one instead
Old 01-23-2014, 01:08 AM
Cathole
Racer

Originally Posted by strucks
i dont like the half bumper at all.this creates to many install issues as these bumper covers flex too much and vary from bumper cover to bumper cover,theres a reason they make splitters to install under the cover and i definately would not want another body line in the middle of my front cover,make a rear diffuser that attaches to the bumper cover and make it with removable studs for the guys that dont want to drill thru their covers
Old 01-23-2014, 12:44 PM
GOTHAM VETTE
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ryan glad to see C7 carbon expanding the options for the C5. Here are some ideas that I would like to see. First the front splitter would look great if you could make it like the vortex splitter, bottom splitter pic and the one on car, but with the shape of the C5R splitter, two top splitter pics. This way it could work as a true front feed air system and look great.
LOL, I'm starting to get a big head here, my car is not only in this thread but also C7's rear spoiler thread.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:11 AM
Anti_Venom99
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I like the rear diffuser posted above. PLEASE dont change to a C6 rear bumper! We drive C5's not C6's. Plus someone already makes one like that.

I like the one posted above and something like this as well

Should be offered in both CF and fiberglass. You could have it mount to the bottom of the cradle in some manor and possibly screwed in a few places along with some double sided tape on the rear bumper. Some people will cry about having to screw into the bumper but we dont have much choice really.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:48 AM
calivette805
Burning Brakes

almost impossible because of the exhaust divider I don't think members would want to buy new exhaust
Old 01-24-2014, 02:25 PM
Ryan@c7carbon
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Thanks for all the great ideas guys.. Looks like we will have a few options to choose from! As soon as we finish up the splitter we will start a thread for the diffuser and work with the community to build a new diffuser
Old 01-24-2014, 04:30 PM
Stealth02
Drifting

Received 146 Likes on 95 Posts

Talked to Ryan and if there is enough interest on this idea then they would make this add on as well. After seeing the new 2015 C7 Z06 I really liked the styling they came up with for the side skirts. I thought this cut back style would look really good on the C5 and C6 vettes. Would be another option beside the ZR1 and ACI styles that are widely used. What do you think?

Last edited by Stealth02; 01-24-2014 at 04:34 PM.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:37 PM
LedfootLarry
Burning Brakes

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

Talked to Ryan and if there is enough interest on this idea then they would make this add on as well. After seeing the new 2015 C7 Z06 I really liked the styling they came up with for the side skirts. I thought this cut back style would look really good on the C5 and C6 vettes. Would be another option beside the ZR1 and ACI styles that are widely used. What do you think?

I really like that, and how about a front splitter like on the c7 z06, c/w side spats ?
Old 01-24-2014, 04:49 PM
2003blownz06
Instructor

Originally Posted by Vetteman Jack
That looks really nice. I would consider seething like that.
x100
Old 01-24-2014, 05:01 PM
Stealth02
Drifting

The C5R and Vortex splitters combined into one would resemble the C7 splitter somewhat. They could call them the C5-7 splitter and side skirts from C7 Carbon.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:10 PM
radar502
Safety Car

Received 289 Likes on 222 Posts

Cool I like them ...Need some cool stuff for the C-5 ..I talked to some big people who make parts for the C-5s said after the C-7 gets going with people they will stop makeing C-5 parts and start working on C-7 stuff more money in the new stuff ... Somebody needs to sept up and make some cool stuff lots of C-5 vets out there I love mine...Thanks for thinking of us C-5 people seams like the big boys leaveing us behind not good...
Old 01-24-2014, 11:38 PM
Stealth02
Drifting

We can keep the C5 timeless with new ideas and modern retro pieces. I still love the looks of the C5 and enjoy adding mods that enhances it with new age tech and flare.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:23 PM
Ryan@c7carbon
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Some great ideas.. Anyone good with photoshop? Be cool to see some renderings of everyone's ideas

Get notified of new replies

To NEW! C5 Half bumper / splitter concept! Help design our new product!

Old 01-26-2014, 11:10 PM
Anti_Venom99
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by calivette805
almost impossible because of the exhaust divider I don't think members would want to buy new exhaust
I didn't say an exact copy. But the style is nice. There could be quad and dual exhaust tip versions as well. I think the photoshop you did looks decent minus the tigershark rear bumper
Old 01-26-2014, 11:13 PM
calivette805
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Anti_Venom99

I didn't say an exact copy. But the style is nice. There could be quad and dual exhaust tip versions as well. I think the photoshop you did looks decent minus the tigershark rear bumper
Not mine lol Its been shared around . But exhaust plays a large part in design
Old 01-27-2014, 12:02 AM
jumpinmeanz
Instructor

Originally Posted by calivette805
i would. if this rear end style was available for the c5 and i knew where to get it i would keep my c5 z06. to me looks are everything.

Quick Reply: NEW! C5 Half bumper / splitter concept! Help design our new product!