Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

Tpe rear fenders

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 10:36 PM
Bob Rising
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tpe rear fenders

Looking for a pair of originalTPE rear fenders or any info as to how I can get a set of these????
Old 12-24-2012, 08:38 AM
USA-1 HP
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I purchased a pair from them last year. The contact number that I have from the sale. 702-632-0270 sales@corvettetuners.com I hope that their still in business since I was thinking of changing out the front fenders this spring. Good luck!
Old 12-24-2012, 08:10 PM
b16gsr
Melting Slicks

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

out of business
Old 12-25-2012, 12:20 PM
Slow Z06
Le Mans Master

TPE went out of business?
Old 12-25-2012, 12:36 PM
CactusCat
Melting Slicks

Received 209 Likes on 156 Posts

Even if TPE is out of business, they weren't the actual manufacturer's of their rear fenders. They were the resellers. Does anyone know where they were being made? I suppose they could have been the ones that came up with the specs for the manufacturer however....

One of my long term mods was possibly going to be the TPE flares so I could put the big meat under the rearend. Hope they're not out of business. I always thought they had a more refined curve out on the flares than the competitors models. Does anyone know for sure that they're OOB?

Could someone in Las Vegas possibly give us some more info? Maybe go by and check their new store location?

Last edited by CactusCat; 12-25-2012 at 05:01 PM.
Old 12-25-2012, 02:07 PM
Neil B
Drifting

Received 110 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by CactusCat
Even if TPE is out of business, they weren't the actual manufacturer's of their rear fenders. They were the resellers. Does anyone know where they were being made? I suppose they could have been the ones that came up with the spec s for the manufacturer however....

One of my long term mods was possibly going to be the TPE flares so I could put the big meat under the rearend. Hope they're not out of business. I always thought they had a more refined curve out on the flares than the competitors models. Does anyone know for sure that they're OOB?

Could someone in Las Vegas possibly give us some more info? Maybe go by and check their new store location?

The fenders are made and shipped from RKSports in California. They will NOT accept direct orders though. I tried. TPE was very difficult to contact and calling was the only way to reach them. Jeff was very helpful once I reached him. I purchased my fenders in the Aug/Sept timeframe. Hopefully they are still around.
Old 12-25-2012, 04:56 PM
CactusCat
Melting Slicks

Received 209 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by Neil B
The fenders are made and shipped from RKSports in California. They will NOT accept direct orders though. I tried. TPE was very difficult to contact and calling was the only way to reach them. Jeff was very helpful once I reached him. I purchased my fenders in the Aug/Sept timeframe. Hopefully they are still around.
Thanks Neil, appreciate the info. Maybe RKSports could hook up with some other forum vendor if TPE is no longer. Vendors take note!!
Old 12-25-2012, 06:05 PM
Bob Rising
Advanced

thanks to all who responded to my thread!!!I saw a set on a 04 z and now I want them!!
Old 12-25-2012, 09:33 PM
b16gsr
Melting Slicks

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Slow Z06
TPE went out of business?
I would guess so, I could be wrong. But:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/tran...ing-parts.html

And this (no activity since early this year):

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/memb...nifer-tpe.html

And thishas been updating for months)

http://www.totalperformanceengineering.com/

And this:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Total-...31856080164929

I would guess they are out of business.

To the OP:

Why not just buy the L5's the fitment of them seems to be better than the TPE.
Old 12-25-2012, 11:07 PM
Bob Rising
Advanced

Thanks,I thought that TPE had the best fenders...Someone on here said the L5s were cheap crap and needed alot of work to make right,looking to buy the best..Can anybody on here tell me which oher than TPE will work out to be the best,does anybody have a picture to post of the L5s on their z.thanks for all the responses!!
Old 12-25-2012, 11:22 PM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

Received 375 Likes on 189 Posts

I have dealt with Jeff first hand and it was an awful experience. I purchased a turbo kit that was installed but otherwise new. After receiving my money it took him 2 weeks to get my first box. I was only told of 2 boxes so when less then half the kit showed up I got antsy. It turns out he packaged the system into 4 boxes to stage their delivery because he "had bad experiences in the past" and wanted to be careful with me. Above you will see my thread which is still to this day unresolved. I sold the kit to a friend who was able to get a hold of what was missing to complete the kit.

Jeff has been jacking off customers for a while it appears so if he went out of business it was for good reason.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:04 AM
0Quik Z06
Former Vendor

Received 411 Likes on 280 Posts

Well as a vendor that has parts built, I'm sure TPE invested some money into the molds making them theirs. In other words RK can't/won't produce them anymore. Only way would be to get a hold of TPE to see if they'll sell the mold or get a set and copy them.

Get notified of new replies

To Tpe rear fenders

Quick Reply: Tpe rear fenders