Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

Set of C5 Fog lights & mounting bolts with dash switch

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 07:00 AM
seu318
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Set of C5 Fog lights & mounting bolts with dash switch

Set of fog lights with bulbs and mounting bolts, plus the dash switch.
$160 shipped.

Both lenses on the fogs have no more than the usual pitting that would be associated with 164K miles of use.

Not sure why, but, in the interest of full disclosure, they stopped working 100% of the time on my car. They had worked all the time up till recently. One day they'd work - next they would not, and so on for almost 2 months - basically sporadic operation. I checked the usual suspects more than once, removed and cleaned up the ground contact, fuse & relay tested and verified good, (replaced them anyway), the bulbs look good, and the light on the dash switch comes on. I'm guessing that the wiring harness itself on the car is at fault, although what I could see looked good on close visual inspection, and I just don't want to mess with these anymore. Given the work needed to get to them for diagnosis (and having done so time and again to try and find the problem), I gave up after 2 months of trying to live with it, and just removed them once and for all. I would rather they work ALL the time on my car, or simply not have them at all. I am putting this lengthy explanation out there because I imagine I'll be asked why I removed them. Since the components themselves worked (albeit sporadically) I imagine they would work fine on someone elses wiring harness.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:58 PM
seu318
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Had no takers, so I put them out on "that auction site" - for anyone interested, auction closes in under 2 hours.

Quick Reply: Set of C5 Fog lights & mounting bolts with dash switch