C5 Vendor for Sale Exclusive forum for vendors to list C5 products, services and promotions.

XSPower C5 Longtube Headers

Old 04-18-2014, 01:23 PM
ascastil
Burning Brakes

Received 167 Likes on 125 Posts

Well, I did it. Payment sent. I can honestly say I am not very excited about possibly having to dimple the header to clear the steering shaft, maybe Ill get lucky. I was looking at other headers and xpipes but I am not to fond of slip fit connections everywhere. The second big purchase for my car. The first was an A&A supercharger. Probably should have gone with 1 7/8 but I am not out to break any records. So Ill get these headers and supercharger on, get a dyno tune and call it a day. Ill let everyone know how the header install goes.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:38 PM
kasper-pA-
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05, '14, '15

Originally Posted by ascastil
Well, I did it. Payment sent. I can honestly say I am not very excited about possibly having to dimple the header to clear the steering shaft, maybe Ill get lucky. I was looking at other headers and xpipes but I am not to fond of slip fit connections everywhere. The second big purchase for my car. The first was an A&A supercharger. Probably should have gone with 1 7/8 but I am not out to break any records. So Ill get these headers and supercharger on, get a dyno tune and call it a day. Ill let everyone know how the header install goes.
So I finally got time to do some more work....

I got everything bolted together and back together, I was able to dimple the primary good enough to clear. Here is a pic of the dimple, I did take a few more whacks at it after this pic tho. Not much more.

I got everything put back together and started her up, sounds great!!! No codes thrown yet, but lots of white smoke from the rear exhaust, hoping thats normal - some white smoke from what looks like rear drivers side header, so I will look into that tomorrow, perhaps I need to tighten down the back a bit more.

I'll post back more thoughts tomorrow.

Old 04-19-2014, 01:00 AM
ascastil
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the pic! That isnt too bad, makes me feel a little better. What did you use to make the dimple? Think a rubber mallet would do it?
Old 04-19-2014, 08:53 AM
kasper-pA-
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the pic! That isnt too bad, makes me feel a little better. What did you use to make the dimple? Think a rubber mallet would do it?
I used a large socket and rubber mallet at first, had to switch over to a regular hammer - just worked better. My advice would be to put it in a vice, use a larger socket with an extension and hammer the crap outta it!

Like I said, in the pic above, you just need a smidge more than whats shown in the pic, I'll post a pic of the clearance shortly. It clears, just hope it's enough that the heat wont give any issues to the steering shaft later on down the road?

be back in a bit.

added pic: the clearance looks a bit better than in the pic, bad angle - but it clears..

Last edited by kasper-pA-; 04-19-2014 at 09:23 AM.
Old 04-19-2014, 11:23 AM
ascastil
Burning Brakes

Ok cool. Im gonna try wrapping that part with a rag, hammer it with a socket to try and keep any scratches or knicks down. See if I can make it look like it came that way to bigin with.
Old 04-19-2014, 01:12 PM
mwbrewco
Heel & Toe

used my press to make my dimple. It made a lot easier to bend with no big hammers. I do like these haeders, after the tune the car is so much more fun to drive. With cold air, ported polished TB, stock cat back mod and these headers I was able to get 47 hp upgrade. i also used TR6 copper plugs per tuner request. Bill's Automotive in Denver is great.
Attached Images  
Old 04-19-2014, 10:06 PM
Anti_Venom99
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Just placed my order for headers and full 3 inch setup! Thanks for the help and awesome customer service Superman! Will post up pics and vids after its installed!
Old 04-20-2014, 11:39 AM
ascastil
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Anti_Venom99
Just placed my order for headers and full 3 inch setup! Thanks for the help and awesome customer service Superman! Will post up pics and vids after its installed!
Anti Venom? Youre on AZ Full Throttle arent you? Joe is not gonna be happy if he finds out we didnt buy some Kooks from him.

You gonna put your exhaust on right away? I think Im waiting till summertime to put mine on. After that itll go to CPR for the blower install and tune. That way Ill knock out the O2 sensor delete at the same time its getting tuned. Itll be damn hot though!
Old 04-20-2014, 12:34 PM
Anti_Venom99
Racer

Anti Venom? Youre on AZ Full Throttle arent you? Joe is not gonna be happy if he finds out we didnt buy some Kooks from him.

You gonna put your exhaust on right away? I think Im waiting till summertime to put mine on. After that itll go to CPR for the blower install and tune. That way Ill knock out the O2 sensor delete at the same time its getting tuned. Itll be damn hot though!
Yea its me. I moved to New Mexico. These will be put on right away and they are for my roommates 04 z06. Im not a big fan of kooks. Had them before and they are a pain to install and these make just as much power for half the price!
Old 04-20-2014, 12:39 PM
ascastil
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Anti_Venom99
Yea its me. I moved to New Mexico. These will be put on right away and they are for my roommates 04 z06. Im not a big fan of kooks. Had them before and they are a pain to install and these make just as much power for half the price!
Oh I didnt even know you moved. Havent been on that forum in a while. Got on there this morning to see if you were the same Antivenom. Well good luck with the headers and post up some install results. Curious to see how they fit!
Old 04-20-2014, 01:22 PM
ommyt68
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great product i would totally buy these again for my next vette awesome company to do business with

Last edited by ommyt68; 04-23-2014 at 09:10 AM. Reason: mispelled words
Old 04-21-2014, 10:18 AM
kasper-pA-
Burning Brakes

Can anyone post a pic of their underside with these installed please? I'll post a few of mine, but I'm a bit concerned that these headers hang low, mine appear to be about 1.5" lower than the frame, with no give. Is that normal for LT's? They just don't seem to "tuck" into the tunnel like I would like.

Added pic.

Last edited by kasper-pA-; 04-21-2014 at 10:37 AM.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:21 AM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 898 Likes on 700 Posts

Originally Posted by kasper-pA-
Can anyone post a pic of their underside with these installed please? I'll post a few of mine, but I'm a bit concerned that these headers hang low, mine appear to be about 1.5" lower than the frame, with no give. Is that normal for LT's? They just don't seem to "tuck" into the tunnel like I would like.
I had them on my 02 vertte, no issues what so ever of catching anything, even speed bumps in parking lots, you may catch them if you hit the bump at 50mph tho.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:27 AM
0Superman09
Former Vendor

Received 61 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by walleyejack
I had them on my 02 vertte, no issues what so ever of catching anything, even speed bumps in parking lots, you may catch them if you hit the bump at 50mph tho.
Shouldn't have any issues with ground clearance. I was pretty slammed on coil overs and never had any issues on Michigan roads! Check the first post of this thread for some good pictures!
Old 04-21-2014, 11:45 AM
Martinh5621
Instructor

I put these in this weekend and honestly it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. A couple of days before after reading some of the comments on the thread I wasn't looking forward to it at all but from start to finish it took me and my dad about 7 hours. I also put on new rotors and brake pads since I had the car lifted off the ground so that's why it took us a little longer.

We had the car lifted with a floor jack and was done in my driveway. Both headers went in EASY for me but you HAVE to take off the starter for the passenger side and also make sure you bolt up your starter and connect the wires when your header is a little more than halfway in. If you have the header all the way in your not gonna be able to have any room getting the wires connected.

Overall install was pretty smooth and honestly the starter was the hardest part for me. Oh and I had the 1 3/4" and catless. Makes the car sound amazing.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:05 PM
85corvettec4
Drifting

all you guys made me start to cringe at the thought of doing it but it was a walk in a LONG park for me.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:11 PM
RadnessWarrior
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am going to tackle it this week. Hopefully I will have some luck and patience this time around. Car is up in the air, and I will get on it tonight. Make sure you stay subscribed, I WILL HAVE QUESTIONS! LOL

Get notified of new replies

To XSPower C5 Longtube Headers

Old 04-21-2014, 03:38 PM
Vinny 2001
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Ordered today. I don't mind massaging the install since most people like the sound and performance of these.

Looking forward to installing with new CAM.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:04 PM
ascastil
Burning Brakes

Hey Superman, any updates on shipping?

And Kasper, LTs never seem to tuck well on any vehicle, except a truck I guess.

Last edited by ascastil; 04-21-2014 at 09:06 PM.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:49 PM
0Superman09
Former Vendor

Received 61 Likes on 53 Posts

All orders over the weekend shipped today or should go tomorrow!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: XSPower C5 Longtube Headers