C5 Vendor for Sale Exclusive forum for vendors to list C5 products, services and promotions.

***Mantic clutches in stock and on special!***

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 10:35 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,084 Likes on 656 Posts

Default ***Mantic clutches in stock and on special!***

EASY ORDERING ONLINE WITH THE LINK BELOW. ADD ANY ACCESSORY TO YOUR ORDER AT THE SAME TIME!!!

http://www.eastcoastsupercharging.co...ategory_id=251

As many of you may already know, ECS has been using the Mantic line of clutches with great success for the last year. We have been slowly introducing them to the boards intentionally so we have plenty of our own feed back from our racers and daily driver customers so we know we are offering a sound product.

We have used these clutches in everything from road racers, to drag racers, to daily driven street cars, and the response has been very positive from everyone who has been using it! We now have many of them out there, so our feed back is on a lot of installs from several different shops and builds.

Basically I have not found a clutch other then these that offers such a stock like feel and disengagement for all type of driving, with good slip for the drag guys, and effortless high RPM disengagement up top for both the drag guys and the road racers.

This is not a stock pressure plate that is painted a vibrant color and the disc replaced! These are a well engineered clutch for performance use on and off the track.

Mantic street single with ER2 $755

This clutch is best suited for the stock replacement on cars ranging from stock to 600 HP. It comes with a throw out bearing and clutch alignment tool. Flywheel is also included, so you have everything necessary for a complete clutch install.

*Take into consideration the mileage and usage of your vehicle as to whether or not you should replace your pilot bearing and slave cylinder, which is not included. We can supply you with these items if needed. We offer stock slaves, and with remote bleeders installed as well.

What is ER2?
ER2 is a patent pending design which features a unique groove pattern CNC'd to the pressure plate. The groove has been designed to increase the Mean Effective Radius of the pressure plate and assist in heat dissipation. Thus increasing torque capacity by up to 8% compared to the same clutch without the ER2 design.

The Mantic single comes with a dual friction material pressure plate. the pressure plate side utilises an organic facing ring in contact with the ER2 surface, and a segmented cerametallic on the flywheel side. The cerametallic material offers a higher torque capacity, while the organic side offers better streetability. Yielding "the best of both worlds".

MANTIC 9000 series twin disc $1,749

Only ECS offers these with a pilot bearing, clutch bleeder kit and FREE shipping in the continental US!!

Mantic 9000 series clutches are twin disc, 9” (225mm) diameter modular clutches that are designed for high performance cars or track use. Mass is critical for a high performance clutch to produce the expected level of performance, and Mantic offers two levels of low mass clutches to allow you to optimize your vehicle performance to your personal driving style. They offer up to 1010ft lbs (1365nm) of torque drive capability.

Mantic 9000 series are low MOI (Moment of Inertia) twin disc clutches that offer a level of performance not only superior to a single disc unit, but also allow you to select options that best suit you.All 9000 SERIES are made with premium quality materials designed to perform and last the distance.

The key to the 9000 SERIES is the street drivability of the Sprung Street Cerametallic discs. These suit high performance engines and enthusiastic driving styles, while allowing excellent drivability when needed. Low pedal effort is another bonus from the 9000 SERIES.

Mantic also offers a triple for the high HP crowd! Capable of holding 1500 ft lbs of TQ, yet still has a nice pedal feel for daily driving conditions.

The triple disc sells for 2,495

Only ECS offers these with a pilot bearing, clutch bleeder kit and FREE shipping in the continental US!!

Thanks for your interest

These prices are for the Cerimetallic version, which we have found to be the best fit for the Corvette, be aware when comparison shopping to not be quoted for the organic version which is less expensive!
Attached Images    

Last edited by DOUG @ ECS; 10-05-2016 at 05:08 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:40 PM
1stGlance
CF Senior Moments Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Even my wife likes it!!

I had the dual disc Mantic installed and it works just like Doug promised!

My car is mostly a daily driver with lots of "enthusiastic" driving. Haven't been to the drag strip yet but street starting from stops works great!
I spend most of my "enthusiastic" driving shifting at higher rpm's.

My wife drove it to the grocery store and said it felt good to her too!

Old 11-29-2011, 09:34 PM
vr4z06
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What kind of flywheel??? Anything special or OE type??
Old 11-30-2011, 10:34 AM
DOUG @ ECS

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321

Originally Posted by 1stGlance
I had the dual disc Mantic installed and it works just like Doug promised!

My car is mostly a daily driver with lots of "enthusiastic" driving. Haven't been to the drag strip yet but street starting from stops works great!
I spend most of my "enthusiastic" driving shifting at higher rpm's.

My wife drove it to the grocery store and said it felt good to her too!

Good to hear Burk! Now lets get that tune finished up!!

Originally Posted by vr4z06
What kind of flywheel??? Anything special or OE type??

Steel flywheel, it is better quality then OEM though. (SFI aproved)

Any other questions let me know!
Old 12-06-2011, 03:47 PM
DOUG @ ECS

Thanks for all the orders placed guys!
Old 12-08-2011, 12:30 PM
DOUG @ ECS

I have had a handful of questions on the twin disc clutches, so hopefully this answers many of them for you.

The 9000 twin disc is a billet pressure plate and the assembly is SFI approved.

There are four levels to the 9000 series, but we stock the sprung street cerametallic mainly. The "sprung" part of that is the springs you see on the discs in the center which makes the clutch a little more "streetable". That is the assembly that I would recommend for 98% of the cars on this forum.

Before I even list off all the options, let me make it clear all of these clutches have a great pedal feel to them, even the most "race" option, is not bad compared to most aftermarket clutches, but Mantic has been in the business of making OEM clutches, so their interpretation of streetable is OEM or better.

For the most streetable assembly Mantic makes there is the 9000 series full organic sprung. We have sold these to guys who have no intention of racing or heavy slipping off the line, but want a clutch that can hold a lot of power and literally feel better then a stock clutch IMO.

Our most common sale as I said is the 9000 series sprung street ceramettallic, this is a sprung center button type disc that offers a level of performance above organic discs, while offering little negative compromise for street use.

One step up from there performance wise is the Rigid Street Ceramettallic. This is a rigid, non sprung center disc, but with a cushioned button type disc that allows for a harder driving style with the best compromise for pure performance and driveability.

Last is the Rigid track paddle. This has a solid center, non cushioned metallic disc, designed for pure performance. This clutch offers little compromise, engagement is sudden which limits the chance of slippage. It is recommended for road race track use only.

The full assemblies weight 32-34 lbs depending on which one you go with.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:27 PM
DOUG @ ECS

Thanks for the orders guys.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:18 PM
DOUG @ ECS

TTT
Old 02-07-2012, 09:50 AM
DOUG @ ECS

Thanks for all the orders placed guys, glad to hear so many happy reviews!
Old 02-07-2012, 11:03 PM
C5R USA
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Ideals are peaceful...History is violent...St.Charles, MO.
Received 439 Likes on 228 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

I'm liking what I'm hearing and reading Doug. I was gonna go with a RAM but,the positive responses, proven reliability, and price make it hard to beat the Mantic you're offering. I'll be in touch with you in the near future.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:09 AM
stryderss
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

so are most people getting the twin or the single? I am in the hunt for a clutch and was thinking about a Mcleod RST or the Mantic single. still hard to choose.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:54 AM
DOUG @ ECS

Originally Posted by C5R USA
I'm liking what I'm hearing and reading Doug. I was gonna go with a RAM but,the positive responses, proven reliability, and price make it hard to beat the Mantic you're offering. I'll be in touch with you in the near future.
We'll be here when your ready, thanks!

Let me know if you have any questions.

Originally Posted by stryderss
so are most people getting the twin or the single? I am in the hunt for a clutch and was thinking about a Mcleod RST or the Mantic single. still hard to choose.

We sell more singles then twins, but that primarily because thats the more common power range needed. I have heard good things about the RST, but I think you would be very happy with the Mantic single.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:04 PM
stryderss
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
We'll be here when your ready, thanks!

Let me know if you have any questions.

We sell more singles then twins, but that primarily because thats the more common power range needed. I have heard good things about the RST, but I think you would be very happy with the Mantic single.
thanks Doug i will keep it in mind i won't be home for about 2 weeks and am just stuck between those two lol
i found the mantic website and found it informative but i am still stuck on the er2 or the rxt i would need the slave, remote bleeder, and all the other stuff to do it right too.

Last edited by stryderss; 02-09-2012 at 05:05 AM.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:56 PM
DOUG @ ECS

thanks Doug i will keep it in mind i won't be home for about 2 weeks and am just stuck between those two lol
i found the mantic website and found it informative but i am still stuck on the er2 or the rxt i would need the slave, remote bleeder, and all the other stuff to do it right too.

We can provide you a package deal at a discount for you if you choose to go with the Mantic clutch, thanks!
Old 02-09-2012, 08:35 PM
stryderss
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
We can provide you a package deal at a discount for you if you choose to go with the Mantic clutch, thanks!
well let me know what the package deal is i was looking at the package on hinsonsupercars for the RXT deal. i believe the mantic er 2 is rated at around 781bhp and the RXT 1000 so lol i don't know. thats why im stuck.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:31 AM
DOUG @ ECS

well let me know what the package deal is i was looking at the package on hinsonsupercars for the RXT deal. i believe the mantic er 2 is rated at around 781bhp and the RXT 1000 so lol i don't know. thats why im stuck.
At 1000hp you should at least be in a twin disc clutch at a minimum IMHO.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:21 PM
stryderss
Burning Brakes

well i don't a 1000 hp but i might get there one day lol. pm me your package deal for all the stuff i would need plus the mantic clutch please.

Get notified of new replies

To ***Mantic clutches in stock and on special!***

Old 02-21-2012, 06:40 PM
DOUG @ ECS

Restocked with two more pallets worth of clutches! Thanks for all the orders guys, we greatly appreciate it and are glad to hear your happy with your purchase.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:48 AM
DOUG @ ECS

Another large shipment in route, thanks guys.

The clutches and all related items can easily be purchased threw our new web site, here is a quick link below.

http://www.eastcoastsupercharging.co...ategory_id=251
Old 04-02-2012, 11:38 AM
DOUG @ ECS

Restocked yet again, thanks for the sales guys.

http://www.eastcoastsupercharging.co...ategory_id=256

Quick Reply: ***Mantic clutches in stock and on special!***