Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: C7 Carbon

WTB: C5/ C6 calipers and brackets

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 03:11 AM
chuckd71
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB: C5/ C6 calipers and brackets

Hi, new here and looking for some parts to (hopefully) finish off my car.
Now that it moves I'd like to get it to stop, so I'd like to pick up some front and rear C5 or C6 calipers and mounting brackets. Had planned to pick up rotors locally to save on shipping but if you have some really nice ones let me know (I would only need front rotors). Stock, powder coated, whatever you have let me know.

I also need the ebrake setup and backing plates from a '02 era Z28 or Trans Am if you happen to have that.

I don't really have any posts here (don't have a vette) but I did buy arctic 92's shockwave setup so maybe that will give me a bit of forum street cred. Have the same username at ls1tech and chevelles.com as well.

Thanks
Old 06-27-2011, 06:55 AM
Marvolus
Intermediate

what is it you are going to do with them ? Just wondering as I have several cars that I am working on at the same time LOL 67 Firebird with a 6.0 LS a 67 Bonniville a 80 Z28 Camaro & a 66 Impala wagon with a 396 BB I am planning on puting a diffrent breaking system on the 67 Firebird to match the new power level & was woundering how & if a newer Vette system would work I am also concidering a C4 rear & front swapped into the Bird as for my Vette I plan on a LS 6.2 engine up grade when I start loosing the orig. 350 that is in it but with only 40000 mi. I hope I have a few yrs. to get the other ones done first TO MANY TOYS NOT ENOUGH TIME LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Marvolus; 06-27-2011 at 06:57 AM. Reason: mis spelled word
Old 06-27-2011, 07:56 AM
chuckd71
Cruising

The rear backing plates from a 98-02 z28/ TA will bolt onto the a body (and presumably other cars from that time) axle, and C5 calipers will fit on there but use z28 rotors.
Up front, my understanding is that there are a couple ways to go, but each requires a bracket. If you have drums up front it's pretty easy to get a bracket and use your old hub (I think, I have factory discs up front already). If you have discs up front you can either have your rotors turned down into hubs or buy new hubs. Kore3 sells the brackets, hubs and all that stuff. Then you can run C5/C6 calipers up front with C5 rotors. The end result will be a setup that retains the rear ebrake and uses off the shelf and available parts, which is the main benefit over a wilwood kit or the like.
I'm going to be getting tall/drop spindles and new control arms from ridetech and try to get all this done when I put the shockwaves in.
This is what I am doing with them - http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/conver...nvertible.html
Old 06-27-2011, 11:55 AM
CHJ In Virginia
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Calipers, Brackets, Hoses, Bolts and Pads

Hi - I have a set of rear C5 calipers, brackets, hoses, caliper bolts and pads that I will sell for $125 shipped to your door if you live in the lower 48 states. All came from my car when I swapped to a Big Brake Kit at 10K miles. All dust boots are fine, sliders loose, hoses limber and not cracked, caliper to bracket bolts included as is a set of pads that are about 50% left. I do not have the anti-rattle springs or the caliper bracket to hub bolts which you will need to purchase. I accept paypal if you pay the 3% fee. Let me know. I have a +658 rating on Ebay and have sold a lot of other items on the forum. CHJ

Last edited by CHJ In Virginia; 06-27-2011 at 11:57 AM.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:02 PM
chuckd71
Cruising

Hi, that's a fair price and I'd take them off your hands if a buddy didn't dig up a set of rears and backing plates from one of his ls1 swaps.
I do still need some fronts if anyone has them. Even just some brackets would work.
Thanks again.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:04 AM
Gene Culley
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 160 Likes on 139 Posts

Should you be interested in or would consider new, please check out our website, www.gmpartshouse.com, send me an email, gene@gmpartshouse.com or call 484-949-2099, as I’d appreciate the opportunity to earn your business.

Shop Our Factory GM Parts Website

Get notified of new replies

To WTB: C5/ C6 calipers and brackets

Quick Reply: WTB: C5/ C6 calipers and brackets