Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: C7 Carbon

HUD Bezel in good condition For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 02:12 PM
Z06Electron
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HUD Bezel in good condition For Sale

I am re-listing this item for sale. I purchased it for my low mileage Z06 and it is not in like new condition.

The item has some small surface scratches and scuffs. The item when cleaned up with armor all or some other vinyl treatment looks good, but it is not perfect and is more suited for someone doing a HUD conversion or for a daily driver than for someone's show car.

Condition described as a good used part.

Last edited by Z06Electron; 01-08-2011 at 02:39 PM.
Old 01-08-2011, 02:18 PM
Z06Electron
Safety Car

Sale temporarily on hold

Last edited by Z06Electron; 01-08-2011 at 02:40 PM.
Old 01-08-2011, 02:24 PM
Z06Electron
Safety Car

I am pretty mad right now...I contacted the seller...item no longer for sale until I'm sure I am stuck with it.

I don't know why my last few forum transactions have gone poorly, I have been on here for years...maybe because of the C5s aging IDK.

At least my Z06 antenna came as described

Last edited by Z06Electron; 01-08-2011 at 02:29 PM.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:06 PM
T_Vert
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

You are not stuck with anything. I apologized about the condition and I said that we could do 1 of two things. You said you'd rather not send it back so I said sell it for what you can get for it and I can pay for the difference so you are not out of pocket a dime OR I would refund all of your money plus all shipping if you shipped it back to me in the condition I sent it to you. Either way you are not out a dime and are not stuck with anything. I've been more than accomodating in this situation thus far. Because you feel you paid more than you should have isn't my problem but a part not in the condition you expect (despite 3 pictures) is my problem to an extent. I could be very rude and say tough nuts but I have not. I have no idea where you get the idea you're stuck with anything. How have I EVER given you that impression?

Dave
Old 01-08-2011, 10:00 PM
Dale002
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 70 Posts

Why don't you get a new one from Gene?
I did,they are around $40.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:07 PM
MUKAK
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

how much money could u guys be talkin bout?? 20 bucks??
Old 01-09-2011, 08:22 PM
Z06Electron
Safety Car

The real problem I have here is the seller sold me a bezel that was used and not perfect for $45 shipped. He knew the item sold new for $35 from parts taxi as he has been trying to sell it since July. The issue I have is not over the money. I could care less about $45. It is the fact that a "Corvette Brother" knowingly sold a used part for more than the cost of a new part even purchased at a dealer. He advertised it as Mint when it was in fact not Mint. Truth is I was trying to be nice and not stick the original seller with what he already paid in shipping but when I found out it was not a simple "I didn't know what this part was worth" situation my feelings changed. It is my fault for not shopping the part first and I can assure you if the part had been MINT I would be keeping it regardless of pricing.

Just because you can sell something to someone for more than you know it is worth, doesn't necessarily mean it is the right thing to do. I make it a point to check market value and dealership cost/availability when determining a price to sell an item for.

As for being stuck with the item...I never said I was. I will be shipping the part back to you tomorrow morning. What you choose to do from there as far as a refund goes is up to you. I made an error in not shopping the part. You made an error in knowingly selling a part to another fellow owner in a condition other than the one being represented.

I personally always believed it was our job to look out for each other, not take advantage of each other because someone else doesn't have all the information. I understand we live in a capitalist society but I feel that we are a family and I wouldn't have done that to my brother. That is just how I see it. Everyone is allowed to their own views and opinions. It is part of living in a free country.

Last edited by Z06Electron; 01-09-2011 at 08:24 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:59 PM
T_Vert
Le Mans Master

At no point did i Know what the resale of this was in the last few months so that is a truely false slanderous statement. All I know is that earlier this year GM had none and could get none as i stated (They had not paid their manufacturer). I also stated in a PM that I didn't appreciate the accusations. If you now know what the price was in July, why didn't you opt to do that research BEFORE purchasing the part?

I was willing to help you any way I could to make you happy however you chose not to respond to my PM's yet make posts about it. I'm done tyring to work with you as you've now taken your totally baseless accusations public. Keep the item and do as you will with it. I've tried to be nice countless times and if the moderators here want to see the PM's how I stated exactly what I offered to resolve the problem I will send them to them.

With all of that being said, Even if I was selling it for 3 times retail, it isn't the sellers responsibility to babysit you in how your spend your funds on your modifications.. I've even got high resolution pics (which I posted in the for sale ad) which I will also provide a moderator or anyone else that may be in need of them. I'm done in this post with this synapsis (None of them would have cost him a dime).

1. I offered a full refund for part
2. I offered to pay any out of pocket difference incurred by purchaser if he wanted to sell it on the forum including any shipping costs. (his choice not mine as seller stated he did not want to send it back.)
3. I provided THREE high resolution pictures in the for sale ad.

What more can a seller do in a situation like this? This guy cannot be please obviously..

Originally Posted by Z06Electron
The real problem I have here is the seller sold me a bezel that was used and not perfect for $45 shipped. He knew the item sold new for $35 from parts taxi as he has been trying to sell it since July. The issue I have is not over the money. I could care less about $45. It is the fact that a "Corvette Brother" knowingly sold a used part for more than the cost of a new part even purchased at a dealer. He advertised it as Mint when it was in fact not Mint. Truth is I was trying to be nice and not stick the original seller with what he already paid in shipping but when I found out it was not a simple "I didn't know what this part was worth" situation my feelings changed. It is my fault for not shopping the part first and I can assure you if the part had been MINT I would be keeping it regardless of pricing.

Just because you can sell something to someone for more than you know it is worth, doesn't necessarily mean it is the right thing to do. I make it a point to check market value and dealership cost/availability when determining a price to sell an item for.

As for being stuck with the item...I never said I was. I will be shipping the part back to you tomorrow morning. What you choose to do from there as far as a refund goes is up to you. I made an error in not shopping the part. You made an error in knowingly selling a part to another fellow owner in a condition other than the one being represented.

I personally always believed it was our job to look out for each other, not take advantage of each other because someone else doesn't have all the information. I understand we live in a capitalist society but I feel that we are a family and I wouldn't have done that to my brother. That is just how I see it. Everyone is allowed to their own views and opinions. It is part of living in a free country.

Last edited by T_Vert; 01-09-2011 at 10:07 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:18 PM
Dale002
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 70 Posts

Was it in Mint condition as the ad stated?
Old 01-14-2011, 05:27 PM
Z06Electron
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Dale002
Was it in Mint condition as the ad stated?
No it was in pretty bad shape.. My Vert with 100k miles is flawless and this thing looks like it has been slid on and off of a shelf for a year.

There is no false accusations here, any forum member curious can see very easily that if you search HUD bezel and look at posts from all the way back in July you have tried to sell this item in posts where Gene and Parts Taxi both posted their prices. FYI your asking price then was $30 shipped.

As for not researching it before buying the item, I admitted that was my fault. Stupid me for believing someone wasn't screwing me. What is your fault is not describing your item accurately. My wife is an idiot when it comes to cars, but she knows what the word "Mint" means and when I showed her the item after opening the box, she laughed and said I definitely know that is not "Mint". Seller then proceeds to claim item condition is subjective. The word "MINT" is not subjective, in fact it is so universally known that they actually certify collectibles as such. I'm sure I could even get a definition from the dictionary and show it is not subjective. Near mint, Good, Very Good, blah blah blah all subjective. "Mint" however is not subjective.

I was on my phone BTW and since pictures can hide flaws I generally listen to the person describing the item more than pictures.

Public information, there were no accusations.

As for making this public, you did that not me.

Seller decided to escalate this to a paypal claim, so let it be. Point is it was advertised mint and was severely used. Period. I'm protected under Paypal terms for "item significantly not as described". I hope they find as much. If not I hope you enjoy your $45 since you clearly need it more than I do.

Last edited by Z06Electron; 01-14-2011 at 05:57 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:07 AM
T_Vert
Le Mans Master

I received the item back, here are the pics of this part this jokester thinks isn't in good shape. I gave this guy the benefit of the doubt and let paypal refund him but I canno tsee any defects in thsi thing in any light at any angle.
Click on the pic to see a high res picture of the bezel. Clearly a case of buyers remorse..

Get notified of new replies

To HUD Bezel in good condition For Sale

Quick Reply: HUD Bezel in good condition For Sale