Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: C7 Carbon

C5 Insulation "Mad-Mat" Kit... $185

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 01:19 PM
BOBD17
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haven't received my insulation kit yet. It's been on order since September. No response to emails or phone messages.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:52 PM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BOBD17
Haven't received my insulation kit yet. It's been on order since September. No response to emails or phone messages.
Hi Bob,

Just replied to your pm. Our phone number has changed... you mentioned being in FL. now instead of MI. I didn't realize you hadn't received it, but I would be happy to look into it, and send another kit to you if it hadn't arrived in MI.

Thanks!!
Old 02-22-2011, 03:57 PM
BOBD17
Instructor

Thanks for the PM. I sent you a PM back.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:41 PM
1QuickZ0
Instructor

glad I read the thread... jeeze
Old 03-09-2011, 11:56 AM
Shady
Instructor

Originally Posted by 1QuickZ0
No joke. After a month I have decided that tomorrow if I do not receive a tracking number I will be contacting paypal. Anyone else still waiting on this kit or can recommend a different kit from another vendor?
Old 03-09-2011, 12:34 PM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Shady
No joke. After a month I have decided that tomorrow if I do not receive a tracking number I will be contacting paypal. Anyone else still waiting on this kit or can recommend a different kit from another vendor?
Sean,

Just spoke with you on the phone. Your kit, and 1 other are the only C5 kits left to ship. As explained, we were waiting on the material to arrive.
Thanks again, and I;ll send you the tracking info soon.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:39 PM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 1QuickZ0
We had some issues to deal with in the business, that caused some delays, and I'm not sure how much of the thread you read, but bob's order got overlooked, and the other backorders have been shipped, since these issues have been resolved.

Please refrain from comments such as these, as they are against forum rules. Thanks!!
Old 03-22-2011, 12:42 PM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

All the C5 kits have been shipped.

If anyone else needs a kit, you can order them here.
Thanks to everyone for their patience while we finished up some back-orders.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:27 AM
kj217
Pro

do you have a C5 coupe kit ready to ship?
Old 03-28-2011, 07:21 AM
CROOZ1N
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Old 04-01-2011, 05:47 PM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by kj217
do you have a C5 coupe kit ready to ship?
Originally Posted by CROOZ1N
Yes, I have just finished cutting more of them, and can ship them on Monday if they are ordered today.

You can order them here.

Thanks!!!
Old 04-05-2011, 07:44 PM
Razzputon
Pro

Yet another thumbs up for Madvette insulation. I bought the kit and drove my C5 to TN and got Dave to install the kit. It's easily the most thorough insulation package out there. Everything was precut and it layed out exactly as the interior was designed. I watched Dave install the whole thing from beginning to end. I opted for his premium package which included another layer of thin dense black material behind the seats and the trunk area.

I downloaded a DB meter on my Driod and took reading on the way up and back.

Just a note. I have a Vert so readings are probably higher then coups and targs. Oh and my tires are Mich. Run-Flats about 1/3 tread left.

On the way up my DB level was:
86db around the front seat area.
94db in the trunk area.

After the install, On the way back home:
80db around the front seat area.
84db in the trunk area.

I wish I had figured out a way to record the difference in noise before and after but I didnt have the time.

There are other little perks with this also. I had a few squeeks in the interior. Those are gone now. And the doors make a solid deeper sound when closing.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:02 PM
TPA Z06
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So the general opinion of the quality of the kit is good, yes? 'Cause from what I've read, it's sure been a pretty tough last 18 months for Mr. Madvette. I don't mind waiting a little while, but someone getting my cash while I twist in the wind ain't cool. Just sayin'.....
Old 04-05-2011, 09:27 PM
Razzputon
Pro

Originally Posted by Vette N00b
So the general opinion of the quality of the kit is good, yes? 'Cause from what I've read, it's sure been a pretty tough last 18 months for Mr. Madvette. I don't mind waiting a little while, but someone getting my cash while I twist in the wind ain't cool. Just sayin'.....
Ya when I was looking for an insulation kit I was thinking the same thing. I started going through all of madvettes threads. There seemed to only be one time when there was a delay with orders. The deciding factor for me was that he gave out his cell number to anyone with concerns or questions. Scammers will never do that. Seems like I made a good choice. Its a big difference for me.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:42 PM
AZhitman
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'll chime in.... I was one of the ones who waited quite a long time to receive my kit.

Personally, I was more disappointed in the explanations and excuses. I don't WANT to have to "check up" on a shipment, I don't WANT the seller's cell phone number, and I'm not interested in reading long, drawn-out discussions about the obstacles to timely delivery. I run a business and am well aware of the difficulties.

None of those things matter to the consumer. Harsh? Yep. True? Absolutely.

However - With that said, the quality of the kit is top-notch. I'm glad I waited, and I'd recommend it wholeheartedly (as long as you don't mind waiting). I hope MadVette sells a bajillion of them, and I hope he hires some help, because the product is solid.

I'm very pleased with the finished product, and I even did a writeup on it here:

http://forums.nicoclub.com/big-proje...n-t527579.html
Old 04-06-2011, 06:07 AM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Hey guys,

Well, I know for sure they're doing what they can to get these kits made. Although I canceled my order (out of impatience) and got my refund, they still sent me a kit by mistake because my name was on the list. I've had some slow PM transactions back and forth with someone from MadVette and I guess he's going to send me a label to ship it out to someone else on the list. But I just emailed him to find out if it would be easier to hand it to someone instead if they lived in the area (I'm in Los Angeles County).

I haven't pulled it out of the box, but from what I can see, it looks "as described". When it arrived I couldn't figure out what I'd ordered that'd be in a box like this. LOL I was thinking "Is this some sort of dangerous package? Who did I **** off?" LOL. Eventually, I open the box to see the kit and a roll of the special tape. Obviously I was confused since I'd canceled a month or two before. So I PM'd madvette to see what the deal was. Apparently they just forgot to cross my name/address off the list.

I was tempted to just send him the $205 (or whatever it was with shipping) and keep it, but I realized it'd be pretty messed up since you guys are on the waiting list still and I got out of line.

Anyway, if one of you are in the area and on the waiting list, it may be faster and cheaper (for all those involved) to just do a "meet you in the middle" sort of thing. I'm constantly on the road lately going from the San Fernando Valley to Newport Beach for shooting. So it'd be no big deal to make a stop on my way in whatever direction.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:41 PM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Razzputon
Yet another thumbs up for Madvette insulation. I bought the kit and drove my C5 to TN and got Dave to install the kit. It's easily the most thorough insulation package out there. Everything was precut and it layed out exactly as the interior was designed. I watched Dave install the whole thing from beginning to end. I opted for his premium package which included another layer of thin dense black material behind the seats and the trunk area.

I downloaded a DB meter on my Driod and took reading on the way up and back.

Just a note. I have a Vert so readings are probably higher then coups and targs. Oh and my tires are Mich. Run-Flats about 1/3 tread left.

On the way up my DB level was:
86db around the front seat area.
94db in the trunk area.

After the install, On the way back home:
80db around the front seat area.
84db in the trunk area.

I wish I had figured out a way to record the difference in noise before and after but I didnt have the time.

There are other little perks with this also. I had a few squeeks in the interior. Those are gone now. And the doors make a solid deeper sound when closing.

Thanks for the feedback Mark!!

6db drop in the front with the 1 layer in a vert, and 10db drop in the rear with the 1 layer plus the extra premium thin layer works great!!

Good to meet you and a pleasure to work on your Vette!! Enjoy all those goodies we added to your Vette!!

Originally Posted by Vette N00b
Totally understandable, and yes, I did have some things that caused the delays, but I am now caught back up, and pounding out these orders. I have been EXTREMELY busy the last few weeks, and have in store installs scheduled for the next 3 weeks for clients out of state, with 2 more scheduled for me to fly to FL. and PA. to do some installs. I have some material in stock, and ready to ship along with a few current orders if you or anyone else needs a kit.

The previous 2 people above who posted about asking if the kits were ready to ship didn't order, so let me know when you are ready.

Originally Posted by Razzputon
Ya when I was looking for an insulation kit I was thinking the same thing. I started going through all of madvettes threads. There seemed to only be one time when there was a delay with orders. The deciding factor for me was that he gave out his cell number to anyone with concerns or questions. Scammers will never do that. Seems like I made a good choice. Its a big difference for me.
Thanks!! My thoughts exactly.

Originally Posted by AZhitman
I'll chime in.... I was one of the ones who waited quite a long time to receive my kit.

Personally, I was more disappointed in the explanations and excuses. I don't WANT to have to "check up" on a shipment, I don't WANT the seller's cell phone number, and I'm not interested in reading long, drawn-out discussions about the obstacles to timely delivery. I run a business and am well aware of the difficulties.

None of those things matter to the consumer. Harsh? Yep. True? Absolutely.

However - With that said, the quality of the kit is top-notch. I'm glad I waited, and I'd recommend it wholeheartedly (as long as you don't mind waiting). I hope MadVette sells a bajillion of them, and I hope he hires some help, because the product is solid.

I'm very pleased with the finished product, and I even did a writeup on it here:

http://forums.nicoclub.com/big-proje...n-t527579.html
Thanks for the feedback, and for your loyalty. I'm truly pleased that you like the product, and I plan on being here for many years to come, providing a superior product at a fair price for the Corvette community!!
My passion for the Corvette equals those of you who are my customers, and it is a true pleasure to come to work every day!!

Originally Posted by SCM_Crash
Hey guys,

Well, I know for sure they're doing what they can to get these kits made. Although I canceled my order (out of impatience) and got my refund, they still sent me a kit by mistake because my name was on the list. I've had some slow PM transactions back and forth with someone from MadVette and I guess he's going to send me a label to ship it out to someone else on the list. But I just emailed him to find out if it would be easier to hand it to someone instead if they lived in the area (I'm in Los Angeles County).

I haven't pulled it out of the box, but from what I can see, it looks "as described". When it arrived I couldn't figure out what I'd ordered that'd be in a box like this. LOL I was thinking "Is this some sort of dangerous package? Who did I **** off?" LOL. Eventually, I open the box to see the kit and a roll of the special tape. Obviously I was confused since I'd canceled a month or two before. So I PM'd madvette to see what the deal was. Apparently they just forgot to cross my name/address off the list.

I was tempted to just send him the $205 (or whatever it was with shipping) and keep it, but I realized it'd be pretty messed up since you guys are on the waiting list still and I got out of line.

Anyway, if one of you are in the area and on the waiting list, it may be faster and cheaper (for all those involved) to just do a "meet you in the middle" sort of thing. I'm constantly on the road lately going from the San Fernando Valley to Newport Beach for shooting. So it'd be no big deal to make a stop on my way in whatever direction.
Got your PM about this as well, and scanning the list of current orders now as well.

Get notified of new replies

To C5 Insulation "Mad-Mat" Kit... $185

Old 04-06-2011, 05:32 PM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

Also, here are pics of the Premium Layer add-on option Mark was referring to in his post above, that I installed in his C5 vert.

The premium layer option is available for purchase now as well, in our online store, when ordering the insulation kit.

Old 04-24-2011, 11:59 PM
John Galt
Safety Car

What is the premium layer? A viscoelastic layer, a foam layer, or?
Old 04-25-2011, 02:00 PM
davidwj
Advanced

Madvette,

I have been trying to find out when I will get my C5 amp rack and have not heard back from those emails. Would you please send me an update?

Thanks,

Dave J

Quick Reply: C5 Insulation "Mad-Mat" Kit... $185