Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

TPE's NEW Remote Clutch Bleeder kit (The best on the market!!)

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 06:25 PM
0Jeff @ TPE
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06 & '12
Default TPE's NEW Remote Clutch Bleeder kit (The best on the market!!)

In continuing to produce innovative products that work for anyone from the everyday tuner shop, to the DIY mechanic, we have come up with what is soon to be a sure winner in the remote clutch bleeder world.

Over the years, there has been a few variations of the remote bleeder. They ranged from anything from a few -an fittings and line, to relatively nice working purpose built kits. But they have ALWAYS had their down fall.
One of the original problems with early remote bleeders, was that they used crush washers at the mounting point of the slave. When that was finally addressed, the issue came at the other end. Being that there was no sure-fire way to mount a brake style bleeder fitting into an -an line, what you had to do, was crank the fitting down with everything you had. This posed a few problems. 1) you werent 100% sure it wouldnt seep. 2) The life of the fitting deteriorated since you had to tighten the heck out of it.
The other issues are relatively minor in comparison. They stemmed from incorrect fitting angle, not using actual one person speedbleeders, and not giving you a way to get the fluid over the fender, and into a bottle.

Now comes the NEW TPE Remote Clutch Bleeder Kit!!

First off, we started from scratch. We took a factory slave bleeder fitting, and sent it off to be measured and digitized into a 3-d program. Once that was done, we had new stainless steel fittings made that are the exact depth, thread pitch, and taper of the factory fitting. This guarantees a perfect fit, with no chance of leaking. On the other end of this fitting, we machined it to allow for a -3 an male fitting..

When the fitting was finished, we measured out the proper length of line that we needed to run properly up to the brake booster. This is not just regular old line. It is teflon coated -3an brake bleeder line, with stainless steel exterior sleeving.

Now came the hard part. Figuring out a way to make this thing work flawlessly. We finally chose to run a one man, spring loaded Speed Bleeder. We quickly found out that by doing so, we had the same problem every other company had. So rather than accepting this flaw, we chose to have a special fitting machined, that would not only be permanently pressed onto the -3 an line, but work perfectly with the speed bleeder. In order to do this, we went through the same process as the original fitting at the slave. The end result, was a male and a female fitting that had the exact same taper, and thread pitch of eachother. This COMPLETELY eliminated the necessity of cranking down the fitting. You can now tighten it just like your brakes.

Once we had a proper working bleeder kit, we had 2 choices. 1) Zip tie it to the brake booster like everyone else, or 2) "Again" make a bracket assembly that bolts to an existing mount, which gives it a 100% OEM look. We chose the latter. Now, this clutch bleeder line comes with 2 small brackets. One bracket is attached to the line with an e-clip, while the other bracket mounts to the outer 15mm bolt on the master cylinder assembly. (At the base of the brake booster). When this kit is installed, it looks 100% factory, and is out of the way of all components of the car.

To top it all off, we wanted to take the kit 1 step farther. We chose to include 4' of clear hose that, when you choose to bleed your clutch, it routes safely over your fender, and into a disposable bottle (not included).

So now, when you need to bleed or completely flush your clutch system, all you need to do, is slip on the clear hose, open your clutch master cylinder, insert the hose into a bottle, crack the fitting approx 1/8 of a turn, and pump away. There is no need to build pressure, and keep opening and closing. Since the bleeder fitting is spring loaded, it shuts every time there is no fluid being pushed. All you need to do, is make sure you dont drain your m/c. From start to finish, you can completely flush your system in less than 5 minutes. If you are a shop, and have a vacuum bleeder kit, its even faster. When your all done, you simply lightly tighten the speed bleeder, install the dust cap, and top off your fluid. Its that simple.

We have 300 of these kits in stock, and are able to ship immediatly.

Currently, we are waiting on a couple of parts for the C6, but we will have those back by 6/30.

If you have custom colors under your hood, for 10.00 more, we have about 15 different colors to choose from.

We dont have them up on our website as of yet, so you can either call, PM, or email to order.

These kits are 89.95 plus 4.95 for shipping.

Until July 31st, we will be offering these to Corvette Forum members, for 89.95 SHIPPED. IF, we receive 25 actual orders, before 7/31, we will immediatly refund every single member 10.00. For every sale after 25, it will be 79.95 shipped to your door.

Hope you guys enjoy.. We had a few members beg us last year to do this, so this is for you guys. CF members asked for a reliable kit, and you got everything you asked for..

One last thing. These bleeder kits come with a 3 year warranty against leaking, seeping, or faulty speed bleeder. So if you change clutches multiple times, and it leaks, we will replace the faulty part free of charge.

Being that virtually every tuner shop in the country who installs clutches into these cars, uses some version of a remote bleeder, we do have a dealer program. So vendors, give us a call if you need 1 or 100 of these. We do have special CF Vendor pricing.

Old 06-27-2010, 06:44 PM
Mike94ZLT1
Le Mans Master

Received 96 Likes on 60 Posts

VERY NICE!! I will be ordering one of these this fall / winter to replace my old LAPD speed bleeder, it leaks a bit! Not bad, and its on the bleeder side so I crank it down real good. I'm pulling my torque tube out to upgrade it, and I will do this at the same time. Glad to see something like this!
Old 06-27-2010, 07:05 PM
sami85L98
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As mike said very nice product little more price but looks quality. I will be ordering soon.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:40 PM
0Jeff @ TPE
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '06 & '12

The original bleeder kits were 89.95. But after a few shops had price wars, they went down to 59.95.

The other kits dont actually come with a Speed bleeder. They come with a regular bleeder. Thats almost 8 bucks extra. Then, after adding in the extra "Specific" parts, it brings the total up. The most expensive parts, are the machined fittings that work like stock. You can not buy these fittings at any store in the country. Unless we want to make 5000 of them, its just not cheap.

Originally, when I was discussing this with a few members asking for it, I was concerned it could run in upwards of 100 dollars. Every one of them said it would still be worth it.

So although it is approx 20.00 more than other kits avail on the market, NONE of them give you a leak guarantee, and none of them are thought out to the point where they have their own specific mounts. (No zipties here.)

In the end, after a 2,000 dollar clutch job, the last thing in the worl you would want, is a leaking remote bleeder. So the 89.95 is well worth it.
Originally Posted by sami85L98
As mike said very nice product little more price but looks quality. I will be ordering soon.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:35 PM
sami85L98
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for clarification jeff you dont have to go that extra miles..lol. i will be ordering soon, you have to mail just like nitrous heater blanket you sent me last year. Are you selling any lcutch kits as well? interested in ACT single disk clutch and than will balance with my stock flywheel.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:54 PM
rustyguns
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Old 06-28-2010, 08:13 AM
LoneStarFRC
Team Owner

Received 226 Likes on 213 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

This looks to have some nice advantages over the other remote bleeders out there. Well thought out and excellent quality.

Do you have pictures of this installed and showing the positioning of the second "bracket" that you mention?

Thanks.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:01 PM
LoneStarFRC
Team Owner

Originally Posted by LoneStarFRC
This looks to have some nice advantages over the other remote bleeders out there. Well thought out and excellent quality.

Do you have pictures of this installed and showing the positioning of the second "bracket" that you mention?

Thanks.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:18 PM
0Jeff @ TPE
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '06 & '12

Yes I do. Let me dig them up.

Essentially, if your standing at your DS fender, and looking at your Brake M/C, there is a 15mm bolt with a nut on the end. You remove this nut, and install our bracket. You then re-install that bolt..

HTH
Old 06-29-2010, 04:52 PM
LoneStarFRC
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Jeff @ TPE
Yes I do. Let me dig them up.

Essentially, if your standing at your DS fender, and looking at your Brake M/C, there is a 15mm bolt with a nut on the end. You remove this nut, and install our bracket. You then re-install that bolt..

HTH
Likey!
Old 06-29-2010, 07:51 PM
95wht6spd
Le Mans Master

Received 271 Likes on 211 Posts

Looks nice, I think I may get one since I have to put in a new clutch etc.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:38 AM
LoneStarFRC
Team Owner

Ordered. Thanks Jeff.

Looking forward to that $10.00 refund come July.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:57 AM
LoneStarFRC
Team Owner

TTT

Got any pix?

Old 07-01-2010, 12:46 PM
one fast zo6
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very nice! pics of it on the car please.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:46 PM
ptindall
Team Owner

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Ordered. Thanks Jeff.

Looking forward to that $10.00 refund come July.
I'm trying to help you get it. Ordering now.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:43 PM
LoneStarFRC
Team Owner

Originally Posted by ptindall
I'm trying to help you get it. Ordering now.
Excellent.

I've got my calender marked too.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:07 PM
LoneStarFRC
Team Owner

Ordered on 6/30. Credit card charged on 7/1. As of today I have still not received my order.

Originally Posted by Jeff @ TPE
We have 300 of these kits in stock, and are able to ship immediatly.
Really? Sent e-mail inquiry first thing this morning requesting order status or tracking info. No reply.

Get notified of new replies

To TPE's NEW Remote Clutch Bleeder kit (The best on the market!!)

Old 07-07-2010, 06:48 PM
95wht6spd
Le Mans Master

Received 271 Likes on 211 Posts

I think they said they were on vacation or something this week in another thread.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:18 PM
LoneStarFRC
Team Owner

Originally Posted by 95wht6spd
I think they said they were on vacation or something this week in another thread.
Nope. Just got a call back. Closed their business and were out of town delivering a customer's car. My order will not ship until tomorrow.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:59 PM
0Jeff @ TPE
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '06 & '12

Actually, by the absolutely dispicable way you acted on the phone towards one of our customers, our US troops, and Jennifer in general, we gladly refunded your money. You will not be receiving one of these kits from our company.

Members,
First off let me appologize for the couple of extra days worth of a delay. We needed to leave town for a few days to deliver a customers car, and it took slightly longer than expected. About 6 orders got missed prior to our leaving, but now that we got back, they will be going out tomorrow.

Secondly, let me say that in my years of this business, I have never been so appauled or disgusted by a fellow enthusiests actions, as I was today. The member quoted here, purchased one of our kits last week. I spoke to him personally for almost 45 minutes on the phone in the middle of my day. I also personally took his order.

Over the last 4 1/2 months, we have been building a car for a loyal customer, who is also in the US military. In the Army, he is what is called an EOD (Explosives Ordinance Dismantler). These are the guys who disarm the IED's for our ground troops. He has already served 3 tours in Iraq, and even though 6 of his 9 member squad are no longer with us in the world, he volunteered for a 4th tour. When he chose us to build this car, he made me promise that his car would be completed prior to him deploying. He said that its kind of a curse to have something important waiting for you when you get home.(ie: buying a house, new baby, etc). Because when you do, you virtually never make it home. I gave him my promise that I would do everything in my power to complete his car, and let him enjoy it before he left.

Just recently, I was informed by him that he had orders to deploy on 7/6. Although we were done with the car, we were still wrapping up loose ends, and tuning the car. It came down to the wire last week, so we decided that this man was risking his life for us (4 times), so there was nothing more important, than to get this man his his car before he left. I PROMISED him that he would have it on Monday, come hell or high water. So we chose to close the shop, drive to LA to finish breaking the motor in, tune the car, and have it detailed and waiting for him.

I am happy to say, that we delivered on our promise, and our customer (A Corvette Forum member) got to enjoy his baby, and leave to Afganistan with a clear mind.

Now, this is the sickening part. A certain member calls our shop today, and begins to rip Jennifer apart. Clainming that we took his money last week, and have not delivered on his parts. She politely explained that she was sorry, and that the only reason for the delay was that we were delivering a car for a soldier that was deploying this week, and that we were forced to close the shop for a few days in order to make good on that promise.

He very promptly, and loudly told her "Dont play the military sympathy card with me, as im a Vetran, that doesnt mean anything to me."
After she appologized again, and told him that was not the case, he then stated " So basically, you bumped this customer in front of me just because he's miilitary. What, is this customer better than me."

Again, she said no, that was not thae case, its just that we had no other choice. He then complained that his order was last week, and that there is NO WAY we should have bumped him, or made him wait. She explained that this customer had been waiting for almost 5 months for his car (It was a top to bottom build).

He then proceeded to rip her a new one saying that we had horrible customer service, and that we were essentially stealing his money, since we charged his card, and hadn't shipped his part. He said NO company charges their card, and doesnt ship immediatly. He felt that we were essentially stealing his $89.95, and that we didnt display any decent customer service. REGARDLESS of the fact that we were trying to do our part for a man who may never get to see his wife and family again. Or at the very least not be home until Feb of 2011.

I will say that I hope we never have to experience that type of behavior again, as these cars are not worth it. They are mearly a toy. They dont hold a candle to the life of a friend, and soldier.

So I say this to you guys, if you are not happy with the fact that we shut down our shop, and that your part may have been delayed a couple of days, please let us know. Because I will gladly refund your money.

We appologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you, but I am sure virtually every member here, would be willing to gladly step aside for a fellow member who may never step on US soil again.

Only 2 members told us that they were in the middle of a clutch swap, and needed it right away. We overnighted those kits last week. So we were not aware of ANY other kits that had to be expedited.

Again, we do appologize for the couple of days delay. Between us being out of town and the 4th of July, it led to a few extra days that we had not anticipated.

Please say a little prayer for our good friend Luke Albrect (Username: BB FOX), he's got an 800rwhp C5 Z06 waiting for him when he gets home. I know, I know, he USED to have a big block mustang, but he sold it for his 01 C5Z.

I do not want to turn this thread into a discussion, I just wanted to share the "other side" LoneStarFRC story..

Nope. Just got a call back. Closed their business and were out of town delivering a customer's car. My order will not ship until tomorrow.

Quick Reply: TPE's NEW Remote Clutch Bleeder kit (The best on the market!!)