Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

18x10.5 Enkei NT03+M wheels for sale- light, strong, inexpensive, BBK compatible

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 11:10 AM
J Ritt
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 18x10.5 Enkei NT03+M wheels for sale- light, strong, inexpensive, BBK compatible

I’m selling my track wheels. I bought a Miata track car and no longer need them. They are in excellent condition. They were only used roughly eight to ten times, and have spent most of their life sitting in my garage. They have a few tiny nicks, scrapes, and rubber marks on them. No curb rash or serious blemishes. Overall, they are in great shape.

I did a lot of research on these prior to purchase. I was looking for a track wheel that was light, strong, wide enough to handle a 305 tire, would not interfere with my suspension or fenders, and cleared a big brake kit. These are what I came up with. I thought about using OEM Z06 wheels for the track, but I really didn't want to run staggered widths. I decided it was less of a hassle to get four matched aftermarket wheels with the perfect offsets, clearance, etc.

The specific setup I was running with these: ’04 shocks with car lowered on stock bolts, Rippie brake ducts, StopTech ST-60/ST-40 calipers on 355mm (14”) discs, Hoosier VRL 305/30/18’s at all four corners. At full lock in the paddock, the Hoosiers would just barely kiss the brake ducts. I never had any kind of rubbing or interference on track under full suspension compression. These wheels also cleared the 14" StopTech brake package without any spacers.

If you don’t know about Enkei racing wheels, they are a high quality Japanese manufacturer. I know McLaren Mercedes was using them in F1 for a while, but not sure about now. They are an extremely popular brand with Evo’s, STI’s, 350Z’s etc. I’ve seen those guys run them off-track, hop curbs, and generally pound the heck out of them without damaging them. They are an outstanding bang-for-the-buck, and you’d be hard pressed to find a comparably light and strong wheel at this kind of price.

Here are the specs from Enkei
Enkei NT03+M- One piece cast racing wheel
Part#: 36581056530SP
Width:10.5 in.
Offset: +30
Bolt Pattern: 5x114.3
Bore: 72.6
Weight: 21.0 lbs.
Color: Silver
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...t+Silver+Paint

$310 each ($1240) is cheapest I could find them at retail from a reputable online seller (which does not include sketchy, fly-by-night companies that can't even get them, advertising them for dirt cheap).

Metal centering rings are included, and are shown in the pictures. I'm 99% sure I have screw in center caps for them, but I'm really not sure. I'd have to dig through the garage.

On to the pics. I have one shot from the paddock with the wheels on the car. One on track showing how they fit under compression. You'll see in the album that I also put them in front of my existing wheels next to the car to get a closer shot. All four wheels are in similar condition. As I said, a few tiny imperfections and some tape reside (from taping wheel weights), which I took a few photos of...but they are very clean and barely used. As you can see from the closeups, the bright silver finish is quite nice and glossy.

The Hoosiers are more or less used up...they may have a session or two left in them. I noticed that one of them was just barely starting to show a hint of cord on the inside. In my experience, shipping wheels with the tires installed and cardboard covering the front and back is the safer bet vs. trying to box the wheels themselves. So that's how I'd like to ship them unless the buyer strongly objects.

My asking price is $850 + shipping for the set. I will only accept Paypal payment. Again, that is wheels, some tired Hoosier VRL's (305/30/18 on all four), metal centering rings, and center caps if I can find them. My company gets fairly good shipping rates, so it shouldn't be too bad. I'd expect in the $75 range anywhere in the lower 48.

On car:

Under load:

Close up:

Glossy finish:

Back pad:

More photos in the album: http://img13.imageshack.us/g/nt03munderload.jpg/

If you have any questions or would like to purchase them, I can be reached at jeff.ritter@essexparts.com (the fastest way to reach me), or you can call me during business hours at 704-824-6030. Thanks for looking.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:27 AM
Z06cool
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good price. I have them on my EVO. GLWS...
Old 05-19-2010, 12:30 PM
dorn74
Instructor

I just hoping you didn't get passed by that neon...
Old 05-19-2010, 01:25 PM
J Ritt
Racer

Good price. I have them on my EVO. GLWS...
Thanks!

I just hoping you didn't get passed by that neon...
Lol...i figured someone would comment on that...was the first thing I thought when I saw that pic. Somehow I think not..
Old 05-19-2010, 04:51 PM
doje
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Are you sure about the 30 offset? They look like they fit about the same as stock rear Z06 wheels, but that's more than an inch difference from the stock 58mm rear offset.
Old 05-19-2010, 05:50 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

If you will sell the rear, I will look at taking them, Are if anyone would like the front, I"ll take the back if you will not sep the set.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:47 PM
pat-b
Racer

wow good price.... i want theese
Old 05-20-2010, 08:47 AM
J Ritt
Racer

Are you sure about the 30 offset? They look like they fit about the same as stock rear Z06 wheels, but that's more than an inch difference from the stock 58mm rear offset.
I'm pretty sure about the offset, as that's the only one Enkei lists for the 18x10.5 wheel size. That said, it was years ago and I can't remember. I bought them when I had a friend working at Enkei. Maybe he gave me custom offsets? I'm not sure.

What I do know is that they fit perfectly on my C5Z (as you can see in the track pic), and all the wheels are the same. I think you're right that they do fit similarly to the OEM rear C5Z wheels. It was nice being able to mark the sidewalls and rotate tires for each event...very helpful in getting more wear out of them.

Sale is pending to forum member Kflee...I will let you know if it falls through. Thanks for your interest.
Jeff
Old 05-20-2010, 10:03 AM
JuicedH22
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If it falls through, let me know ASAP. (email is mosterda@gmail.com)
Old 05-20-2010, 03:52 PM
J Ritt
Racer

In the interest of posting accurate info on these wheels in case another set comes up for sale in the future...the offset on my wheels is actually +64. You can see that number on the wheel back pad, below the 18 X 10 1/2. My buyer dug up that info after speaking with a few different enkei distributors. Apparently, these wheels used to be manufactured in that offset, but are no longer. That's why the +30 is the only one currently listed on their site in the 18 x 10.5 size. I'm sorry for posting misinfo. If another set comes up on the market, the +64 is the offset you're looking for on the C5. Good call doje!
Old 05-20-2010, 03:55 PM
doje
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by J Ritt
In the interest of posting accurate info on these wheels in case another set comes up for sale in the future...the offset on my wheels is actually +64. You can see that number on the wheel back pad, below the 18 X 10 1/2. My buyer dug up that info after speaking with a few different enkei distributors. Apparently, these wheels used to be manufactured in that offset, but are no longer. That's why the +30 is the only one currently listed on their site in the 18 x 10.5 size. I'm sorry for posting misinfo. If another set comes up on the market, the +64 is the offset you're looking for on the C5. Good call doje!
Thanks for the info. The +30 are perfect for my rear flares. That's why I got excited. Good luck ion the sale.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:47 PM
landho
Racer

still avail? or is it sold?
Old 05-20-2010, 09:54 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Great wheels, I had them on my Forester, that size, tires as well, really

You will be very hard pressed to find wheels this well made, low in weight and anywhere near the cost.

(my Forester had $30k in suspension and power mods, not your everyday Forester but not fast enough so I parted it and bought a Vette, two Vettes actually

Rick
Old 05-20-2010, 10:15 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Great wheels, I had them on my Forester, that size, tires as well, really

You will be very hard pressed to find wheels this well made, low in weight and anywhere near the cost.

(my Forester had $30k in suspension and power mods, not your everyday Forester but not fast enough so I parted it and bought a Vette, two Vettes actually

Rick
Old 05-21-2010, 08:34 AM
J Ritt
Racer

Thanks guys. My buyer is transferring money to Paypal now. Assuming nothing goes wobbly with the transaction, the wheels are sold. I will certainly resurrect this thread if the deal falls through. Thanks again.

Raam...I would have certainly liked to have seen that Forester! I have an '05 Legacy GT 2.5 Turbo wagon with a 5MT...great cars.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:59 AM
J Ritt
Racer

Thanks guys. My buyer is transferring money to Paypal now. Assuming nothing goes wobbly with the transaction, the wheels are sold. I will certainly resurrect this thread if the deal falls through. Thanks again.

Raam...I would have certainly liked to have seen that Forester! I have an '05 Legacy GT 2.5 Turbo wagon with a 5MT...great cars.

Get notified of new replies

To 18x10.5 Enkei NT03+M wheels for sale- light, strong, inexpensive, BBK compatible

Quick Reply: 18x10.5 Enkei NT03+M wheels for sale- light, strong, inexpensive, BBK compatible