Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: C7 Carbon

***Light Cannon HID headlights GP: Last-Chance!!***

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 01:48 PM
0TheRadioFlyer97
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08
Default ***Light Cannon HID headlights GP: Last-Chance!!***

This is the final production run for the Radioflyer’s Projector-HID pop up headlights. After this GP, these lights will no longer be offered.

The best performing headlights ever designed for the C5 corvette just got better. Introducing Light Cannons Version 2.0!!

Version 2.0 incorporates the following changes:
a) Redesigned cutoff shields: Gives a sharper cutoff, wider pattern and better long distance vision.
b) Slim ballasts: Lighter weight easier to install and small design gives you more mounting options.
c) 55w kit HID kits now standard: Experience 50% more output than standard 35w HID kits.
d) Re-designed Relay Harness: takes some of hassle and confusion out of the original design reducing a 8’ harness to one that fits in the battery compartment only. No more running wire loom all over the place.
e) 4300K HID bulbs now available standard option: no more additional fees for the brightest HID bulbs available on the market today.

Normally one could expect to pay an additional $300 more for these upgrades, but for a limited time only, the base kit will be $800!!

Those of you with the light cannons kit can upgrade your components (please PM me for specific upgrade information)

For those of you not familiar with the Light cannons, please read on for a detailed description.

For those of you who are tired of not being able to see at night, lights provide the solution.

What makes Light Cannons special?

The Light Cannons are the result of nearly a year of my research into the best possible lighting for corvette while keeping the price manageable. They combine the optical technology of Hella (makers of the Mercedes, BMW and other headlight components) combined with custom designed Mounting frames and thermoformed ABS shrouds to match your factory look. In addition, every light cannon kit comes with a Hi-4 harness that allows your Low beams to remain on with your high beams (a feature that until recently required an in depth knowledge of vehicle electronics) I have personally tried or seen every commercially available kit for the C5 corvette and feel the Light cannons are by far the best performing product for the money.

What makes Light Cannons superior to other options?

- OEM: Your OEM headlights have a horrible pattern and the bulb only produces 1000 lumens. It’s almost dangerous to drive on an unlit or poorly lit road

- Aftermarket halogen bulbs: These draw more wattage and will often fail faster than OEM bulbs. In addition most “blue tinted” bulbs produce less usable light since the tinting eats up the light output

- HID plug and play kits: The output of the HID bulbs are limited to the poor reflector and lens of the OEM light. There’s often a horrible glare and the output has hotspots that hamper your night vision.

- T84 Euro spec headlights: This kit requires 120 watts of power to get the same amount of output as the light cannon kit and the T84s are not HID friendly housings.

- ACA: The second best option, but many have reported the high beams section of the
housing is not correctly aligned with the low beams resulting in a high beam that shoots into the sky instead of down the road.

- Fixed headlights: Many feel the appearance of fixed headlights throw off the lines of the car. In addition the higher quality fixed headlight kits cost on average 75% more than the light cannons kit.

Compare Light cannons to your OEM headlights:

What you get:

Base Kit: $800
Includes:
- Hella 90mm projector low beams
- Hella 90mm Free-form Reflectors
- Reinforced Aluminum Frames
- Stainless and aluminum Hardware
- Thermoformed ABS Shrouds
- Plug and play relay harness,
- HID kit with Ballasts and Bulbs
- High beam Harness w/ 65w High beam bulb,
- Hi-4 circuit
- Detailed installation instructions in .pdf for download.

Compare brightness to OEM headlight bulb (1000 lumens)
Bulb color options:
3000K – Golden yellow (2900 lumens)
4300K – Pure White (3000lumens)
6000K – White with blue tint (2900 lumens)
8000K – Iceburg Blue (2600 lumens)

(4300K)

Upgrades:
Halo rings: +$100 ***now also available in blue***
(Includes mounted Halo rings and transformers integrated into Relay harness)

HID High beam: +$120

HID Fog: +$120
(Includes second HID kit for high beams)

HID fog and High beam: +$200
(includes second and third HID kit for fogs and Highs)

GP details: This GP will last for 2 weeks (ending on sunday May 23). Construction will take roughly 2 weeks. Each order will be updated when the kit is complete and emailed with tracking information. Prices include shipping for domestic orders only. International orders will need to PM me for additional shipping charges.

How to get on the GP: Send an email to me at the address listed with your name, screen name and options (HID color etc) I accept paypal, mailed check or money order.

Email: Radioflyer97@gmail.com

If you have any questions, please post on this thread so others can benefit as well. Previous Light cannon owners are welcome to post as well.

Last edited by TheRadioFlyer97; 05-10-2010 at 11:43 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:19 AM
0TheRadioFlyer97
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '08

bump
Old 05-12-2010, 12:46 PM
grunz95
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Light Cannon HID

Email Sent
Old 05-15-2010, 11:40 AM
0TheRadioFlyer97
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '08

bump
Old 05-15-2010, 12:40 PM
ericdwong
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Looks good. Not trying to interfere with the sale but it says these will no longer be available after this GP. What happens if I get into a wreck and then need replacements? Would I be SOL?
Old 05-15-2010, 01:54 PM
0TheRadioFlyer97
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by ericdwong
Looks good. Not trying to interfere with the sale but it says these will no longer be available after this GP. What happens if I get into a wreck and then need replacements? Would I be SOL?
The two "unique" componeents of the LC kit are thee shroud and aluminum frame. Both are very durable.

If you manage to destroy them, I will work with you to get replacements. In the history of the product only one person has requried a replacment due to collision.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:22 PM
vettezeke
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Email sent

Sent you an email and letter.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:26 PM
0TheRadioFlyer97
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '08

just 3 more days
Old 05-23-2010, 09:56 AM
0TheRadioFlyer97
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '08

Last Call. GP will end at Midnight tonight
Old 05-24-2010, 10:10 AM
0TheRadioFlyer97
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '08

LC 2.0 GP Update:

The list thus far looks like this. If you do not see your name please email me asap (radioflyer97@gmail.com)

“Shad” - 4300K halo
“torchredfrc” - 5000K Halo w/ 5K high beams
“vettezeke” - 6000K with 6K high and Fog
“Yamagacy” - 4300K
Old 05-24-2010, 11:08 AM
v ettelover
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man... This is the first that I've seen this! CRAP! Depending on what they look like I'd want in on it. Are you taking any late comers? Would you please send pictures?
I'm in Afghanistan right now so links to some web site won't work. I will not be able to get to any picture hosting sites... I've tryed.
Please e-mail pictures to...
dmtwo@hotmail.com

Thanks,
Dave
Old 05-24-2010, 11:35 AM
0TheRadioFlyer97
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by v ettelover
Man... This is the first that I've seen this! CRAP! Depending on what they look like I'd want in on it. Are you taking any late comers? Would you please send pictures?
I'm in Afghanistan right now so links to some web site won't work. I will not be able to get to any picture hosting sites... I've tryed.
Please e-mail pictures to...
dmtwo@hotmail.com

Thanks,
Dave
email sent with pics and payment info. I'm giving everyone until this evening to confirm the GP list. If you can commit by then, i'll sneak you on the list.

Get notified of new replies

To ***Light Cannon HID headlights GP: Last-Chance!!***

Quick Reply: ***Light Cannon HID headlights GP: Last-Chance!!***