Sponsored by:

Does anybody notice?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 03:01 AM
loudsam
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EnglandGreen
My problem is realizing that the rest of the cars on the road did not pop their parachutes because they seem to be going backwards - it's me travelling at sub-light speeds

I have enough HP and gearing to exceed 200mph (not the aerodynamics though) - but I lack the intestinal fortitude to go beyond 143.

Maybe one day...
I'm Licensed for my job through the United States Coast Guard. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to take my merchant marine license if I was ticketed for over 100 mph!!! They definitely can for DUI. That would be great. My insurance would go Way up, and I'd lose my job!
Old 01-24-2005, 09:35 AM
Velocity Driven
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Going 108, got arrested, now doing 1 year probation starting this month. I deserved it. Could always be worse.
Old 01-24-2005, 09:38 AM
The Batman
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There's a lot of fun to be had in the 0 to legal limit MPH range. Just because you don't want to go fast doesn't mean that you don't want to get to the speed limit quickly.

I think it was the great author Stan Lee, who wrote in Amazing Fantasy #15 (First Appearance of Spiderman), "With great power, comes great responsibility." Well, in the sports car world, "With great power, comes great acceleration." So, enjoy it! Responsibly!
Old 01-24-2005, 11:27 AM
GMDGary
Racer

What bothers me is how to get traction with more performance mods. Even with an automatic and the few mods I have, its way too easy to totally break loose the rear end any time you wish.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:27 PM
loudsam
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by GMDGary
What bothers me is how to get traction with more performance mods. Even with an automatic and the few mods I have, its way too easy to totally break loose the rear end any time you wish.
I've got zero mods, except blackwing. My '99 a4 breaks lose the rear tires unexpectantly about once everytime I take it to town. My wife has broken traction from a light in a straight line and began appoligizing till I told her it happens to me all the time. I've got the 3.15 rearend, does that make a such a big difference over the 2.73? I've read where others with the a4 are unable to break traction even when they try!
Old 01-24-2005, 11:41 PM
C5 KIDD
Drifting

Cruise-In VI Veteran

i dont know about all that! a slightly modded A4 vette is not going to break the rear loose any time you wish! your going to need a lot more power than that. sure on a "take-off" you will be able to spin out, and chirp 2nd gear... but after that... traction should NOT be a problem for you!

get new tires!
Old 01-25-2005, 10:25 AM
VetteMan4Life
Instructor

Originally Posted by silver6spd C5
i dont know about all that! a slightly modded A4 vette is not going to break the rear loose any time you wish! your going to need a lot more power than that. sure on a "take-off" you will be able to spin out, and chirp 2nd gear... but after that... traction should NOT be a problem for you!

get new tires!
I can break my tires loose at any speed I want up thru mid 70 mph range,with the mods in my sig and a stock A4 and 2:73s. My plan for some traction is going to be a mini-tub and some bigger tires. Also throttle management helps to keep traction, you cant just punch it, you need to roll onto it.

Quick Reply: Does anybody notice?