Sponsored by:

Changing tires

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2004, 03:21 AM
rkhegler
Team Owner

Received 350 Likes on 152 Posts

Default Changing tires

I am about to buy some new tires. Here is the problem. For wheels, I have CCW streets on my car. These are three piece construction. Can the average tire shop do the job or do I have to find someone who specializes in this procedure? As a matter of question, how does one change a tire on a three piece wheel? Thanks!
Old 12-22-2004, 06:53 PM
rhneff
Pro

Received 137 Likes on 102 Posts

Not sure I'd trust my Vette to an "average" shop, but any knowledgeable shop should be able to do the work without screwing up the wheels. Experience is key - ask if they've working with 3-piece wheels before. Procedure is basically same as standard wheels, just have to be careful not to place tools where they can puncture the silicone bead that seals the wheels or they'll leak and have to be re-sealed.
Old 12-22-2004, 07:58 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

Received 3,813 Likes on 1,925 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04

The best place to take your wheels to be remounted is one of those Bling Bling custom wheels shops... every city has a few of these..
they sell 26 in wheels and a set can cost 10 grand... Thats where I go to mount my wheels.. they have the latest equipment , and they are sensitive to custom wheels.... and they are no more expensive than a regular tire shop..
find one , go in and ask questions , like can I watch, can you remove the old tires safely and remove the original chrome weights, and do they have chrome weights. etc... will there be any issues.?? can they handle this .. Take pictures before you have them installed. date stamp them.
Old 12-22-2004, 10:48 PM
2 LOW 4 YOU
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bring it to a good place not an AVERAGE gas station
Old 12-22-2004, 11:02 PM
ALLEGRO
Le Mans Master

Received 135 Likes on 84 Posts

I agree with Evil Twin

Take it to a place where people spend $ and they are used to dealing with people's stuff !

Get notified of new replies

To Changing tires

Quick Reply: Changing tires