Cops!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2004, 06:48 PM
C5 Dawg
Pro

Received 147 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by shurite44
Its a joke silly
Oops, sorry. Sometimes its hard to tell the difference on this forum .
Old 10-12-2004, 07:20 PM
shurite44
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default No problem

Originally Posted by C5 Dawg
Oops, sorry. Sometimes its hard to tell the difference on this forum .
Old 10-12-2004, 07:27 PM
RalphWiens
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

""I respectfully have to voice my opposition to your comments:

He gives you a warning, and you title the thread "Cops!!!" in an negative tone

I'd also like to know how/why you classify him as "bored." I assume you say this since he took the time to stop you for a violation that you consider petty in nature, but is 100% legal in his enforcement.""

I agree it is bogus stop. The law as many is just there to support the coffers of the local jurisdiction. I doesn't protect and serve in anyway.
I'm sure theres people out there killing and mugging, but got to get those people with no front license plates, just as long as we got our priorities(sp) strait.

Ralph
Old 10-12-2004, 08:05 PM
ACELR8N
Pro

Originally Posted by PHPD7102
Not sure about Wisconsin but in Illinois we have no system that logs and tracks "warnings". Chances are the next guy who gets you will have no clue you have already been warned.
Unless of course it's the same LEO. It's a real minor offense and probably worth the risk of not complying. I lived in CT for years and never ran a front plate. Now in NC it is not required.
Old 10-12-2004, 08:50 PM
XTrooper
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Fancy Moses
Well it only took me five months but I finally got pulled over by a bored state trooper and he gave me the old "Where's your front license plate?" Now I have to get it on there and have an officer verify that it is on. What have you all done in this case? I know I'm not the first this has happened to.

P.S. Thanks for letting me vent a little bit.
You made a conscious decision to leave your front plate off in a state where it's required so what's your beef? You've certainly no legitimate complaint with the State Trooper who was doing his job nor with the State of Wisconsin for that matter. As I often told my daughter when she was young and complaining about a problem of her own making, "If you must be angry with someone, be angry with yourself."
Old 10-12-2004, 09:15 PM
Shylor
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by XTrooper
If you must be angry with someone, be angry with yourself.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 10-12-2004, 09:24 PM
Fancy Moses
Intermediate

Wow! Thanks for all of the comments and insight. I apologize for anything that was interpreted as disrespectful toward any officer. I certainly appreciate the sacrifices our law enforcement officers make for all of us.

Thanks again.
Old 10-12-2004, 10:15 PM
PHPD7102
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16

Originally Posted by GMDGary
While earning a degree at a major university, I was priviledged to know two full professors in Psychology, both of whom were active major city police reservists. Both had interest in and studied police officers. Their interest was based on why anyone would take a dangerous job,near military levels of disciplinary nonsense, and lack of a significant career path for such low pay. As reservists they found it was due to three things 1) controlling power (giving more economically and socially powerful civilians orders and being able to do so with arrogance), 2) cowboyism (carrying a gun and having the right to use it ), and 3) testosterone thrills (driving fast and recklessly, beating up people with nightsticks, gang tackling suspects, etc.). In short, a teenage boy's dream. And both found they loved being reservists for the same reasons.

Now all of us who didn't just fall off a turnip truck know that the vast majority of police officers eventually succumb to the allure of easy money and soon their law enforcement career becomes a very valuable career. They grow up and wisely give more consideration to keeping their career hassle free, and eventually lose the teenage thrill seeker mentality.

Unfortunately, those working traffic violations are the newbies and the hardcore teenage bullies (you don't make a killing on traffic fine bribes).

Do I respect traffic officers - NO, I always see them as uneducated, immature bullies. However, I do try my best to avoid them and its now been 16 years since my last ticket.
How can someone who is supposed to have "earned a degree at a major university" and I am guessing claims to be intelligent, make such an ignorant generalization as this post.

I feel MORE STUPIDER for having read it!!
I guess I will go back to watching reruns of The Dukes Of Hazard and picking on small school children. Maybe I'll even find a beach so I can kick sand in the skinny guys faces.
Old 10-12-2004, 10:26 PM
shurite44
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

While earning a degree at a major university, I was priviledged to know two full professors in Psychology, both of whom were active major city police reservists. Both had interest in and studied police officers. Their interest was based on why anyone would take a dangerous job,near military levels of disciplinary nonsense, and lack of a significant career path for such low pay. As reservists they found it was due to three things 1) controlling power (giving more economically and socially powerful civilians orders and being able to do so with arrogance), 2) cowboyism (carrying a gun and having the right to use it ), and 3) testosterone thrills (driving fast and recklessly, beating up people with nightsticks, gang tackling suspects, etc.). In short, a teenage boy's dream. And both found they loved being reservists for the same reasons.

Now all of us who didn't just fall off a turnip truck know that the vast majority of police officers eventually succumb to the allure of easy money and soon their law enforcement career becomes a very valuable career. They grow up and wisely give more consideration to keeping their career hassle free, and eventually lose the teenage thrill seeker mentality.

Unfortunately, those working traffic violations are the newbies and the hardcore teenage bullies (you don't make a killing on traffic fine bribes).

Do I respect traffic officers - NO, I always see them as uneducated, immature bullies. However, I do try my best to avoid them and its now been 16 years since my last ticket.
uh oh, I see trouble coming.
Old 10-12-2004, 10:31 PM
Fritz Hier
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by speedyboy
Kansas city wee dont have a front license plate

Maybe not Kansas City Kansas, but in Kansas City Missouri you do! You must be one of the lucky ones on the Kansas side.
Old 10-12-2004, 10:39 PM
copperflight
Intermediate

Clearly, you have no idea what a Law Enforcement Officer does and/or is subject to on any given day. The reward is something I doubt you'll ever understand. Your supposition on the motive to become a Police Officer is ridiculous and WRONG. Congrats on your 16 year driving record.

Last edited by copperflight; 10-12-2004 at 10:45 PM.
Old 10-13-2004, 12:13 AM
kkr-c5
Instructor

Originally Posted by Cscokd
[cor99vette]Having spent 27 years in law enforcement, I have heard everything, and have been more then fair with all my contacts, but, this complaint is frivolous and worthy of no sympathy

Gosh, LOL...I really don't think he was asking for your sympathy...just venting with his vette friends and you got your 27 year panties in a bunch...understandable...think you just need to chill a little, drink a beer and have a little fun with the boys...remember you're retired now, right?....IMHO
Old 10-13-2004, 12:57 AM
keanucosmo
Advanced

Originally Posted by Mark S.
With a lot of cities now installing Red-Light Runner Cameras at various intersections...the front plate issue will never go away...
That's not true. We have no front plates in GA and the red light cameras get the rear plate just fine. I think front plates are just a hold over from another era.
Old 10-13-2004, 01:04 AM
Shylor
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by keanucosmo
I think front plates are just a hold over from another era.

Maybe but, it still makes identification easier if a vehicle is facing you.
Old 10-13-2004, 01:12 AM
FDA
Instructor

You'd be surprised how many criminals are caught because the LEO pulled them over for some minor infraction and investigated further...

Bottomline, if a trooper sees something illegal, he's paid and obligated to do something about it....and at risk to his/her own life...
Old 10-13-2004, 01:24 AM
I-SPEEED
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '19

The man speaks wisdom^^^^
Old 10-13-2004, 02:52 AM
MDog00
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

OMG....another no front plate offender......"git a rope"