Sponsored by:

First "stang" encounter

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2004, 11:49 AM
Railfan
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First "stang" encounter

Well, driving home on the freeway, had an older stang rapidly catch up to me and tail me for quite some time. His car was heavily modded and ran quite well. Off the freeway, and onto curvy two lane, he kept right up with me pretty well, whenever I passed someone, he kept up with me and on corners he did pretty well also. Finally, after twenty five miles of him hugging my axx, I let him pass me, which he did with full throttle and a lot of noise. I never did fully test him (wife in my car) and wonder what would have happened if I had buried the pedal to the metal on one of my passes (I only used perhaps 80% of my power when passing to see what he would do). Having passed me, he found a kid on a rice rocket and went after him.

Too many other drivers on the road, or I might have tested his car. Although with the wife with me, maybe not. Don't wish to unnecessarily risk the lives of others just to put a stang in its place.
Oh yes, and the kid on the rice rocket had seen me coming and waited for me catch up before he fully accelerated away. Figured I had little chance with him.

So I just smiled at them as the two of them raced away, tempting fate, and remembered that I had the "class" vehicle on the road and resumed my 10+mph over the speed limit cruising for home.

I do love this vette.

Last edited by Railfan; 10-01-2004 at 12:01 PM.
Old 10-01-2004, 11:52 AM
ACELR8N
Pro

Lot's of modded cars will run with the Vette. However, very few will run with a modded Vette.
Old 10-01-2004, 12:08 PM
Railfan
Burning Brakes

Sorry about the other post. It is true: When you retire, the mind goes.

As for the stang...I can appreciate the work that goes into ones own car and the pride it generates. But public roads with other traffic is just not the place to show off. (However, I secretly wish I had just once, stomped the accelerator, just to see if his car was really that good.)
Old 10-01-2004, 12:43 PM
Grumpy
MONARTOR

Received 132 Likes on 68 Posts
Cruise-In 5-6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-17-'18-'19'-20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

track is open somewhere...

Get notified of new replies

To First "stang" encounter

Quick Reply: First "stang" encounter