Old 09-08-2004, 01:48 PM
Joe Diver
CF Enhanced Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by srchief100
Instant justice; well maybe this qualifies. Over the past holiday weekend I take the top off, and go out for a nice cruise. Two young men in a mitsubishi pull along side me at a stop light, where the driver grins and races his engine and proceeds to power-brake his car, and verbally challenge me. I told him to grow up at which time the light changes and he cuts over in front of me and slams his brakes on and then rips off and turns into a convenience store just down the street. Enough is enough. I follwed him in and in addition to the traffic violation both were charged with minor in possession, open container, possession of a controlled substance. I hate doing that stuff while "off-duty" but these guys were clearly a danger to those of us just out to enjoy the weekend.

Kind of along the lines of being careful of the toes you step on today, because they might be attached to the **** you need to kiss tomorrow....
Old 09-08-2004, 03:21 PM
wit2pz
Le Mans Master

While on the road we all see the lame things some drivers do which in turn hurts us all by driving up the cost of insurance. Many times after seeing some dirt sack taking way too many chances, like passing on the right (shoulder) or passing on the crest of a hill or curve and many other dumb acts, I've said "where's a cop when you need one".

Instant justice; well maybe this qualifies. Over the past holiday weekend I take the top off, and go out for a nice cruise. Two young men in a mitsubishi pull along side me at a stop light, where the driver grins and races his engine and proceeds to power-brake his car, and verbally challenge me. I told him to grow up at which time the light changes and he cuts over in front of me and slams his brakes on and then rips off and turns into a convenience store just down the street. Enough is enough. I follwed him in and in addition to the traffic violation both were charged with minor in possession, open container, possession of a controlled substance. I hate doing that stuff while "off-duty" but these guys were clearly a danger to those of us just out to enjoy the weekend.
It's stories like this that make me want to be a LEO so bad!!! I can't tell you how many times I witness or encounter richard-noggins on the road, and say, "Damn I wish I was a cop!!!" Of course, there's much more to being a LEO than busting traffic violators. You guys put your lives on the line every day and it takes a special type of person to do that. I appreciate and respect you folks... MOST of you anyway...
Old 09-08-2004, 04:08 PM
Rodster21
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DickieC.99
COP is short for copper. Back in the day badges used to be made out of copper. If you watch old gangster movies they refer to the law as "coppers." It eventually just got shortened to COP. Gotta love the History Channel

Wow, now that's something I never knew. The History Channel strike again.
Old 09-08-2004, 04:25 PM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Received 1,029 Likes on 549 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

While on the road we all see the lame things some drivers do which in turn hurts us all by driving up the cost of insurance. Many times after seeing some dirt sack taking way too many chances, like passing on the right (shoulder) or passing on the crest of a hill or curve and many other dumb acts, I've said "where's a cop when you need one".

Great story...keep up the good work. Too bad you don't work out here in the Pacific Northwest...
Old 09-08-2004, 04:55 PM
-Senza-
Advanced

Originally Posted by Basement
L = Law

E = Enforcement

O = Officer

Thanks for learning me on the LEO term.
Old 09-08-2004, 04:56 PM
tmcclaff
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '04 & '05

Originally Posted by OrangeVegaGT
Driving home from a long weekend road trip yesterday. Stopped in N.J. to fill-up with relatively cheaper fuel before crossing back into N.Y. As I'm pulling on to the on ramp from the service plaze some kid in a VW VR-6 decides to attach himself to my bumper. I accelerated fairly rapidly to the posted speed limit of 65 MPH and immediately eased back on the throttle. Meanwhile the VW is trying to make up a significant portion of lost ground which I make easier by staying at 65. Eventually He whips around me going about 90. As usual I just smile and keep driving at or near 65.

Coming up over the next rise in the road and there it is. A LEO with his lights flashing pulling over the VR-6.

That's my idea of justice.

I'm not gloating because the guy got a ticket, but he had no business riding on my butt or whipping around me at 90. Any mistake on his part could have become a disaster.
Nice to see a cop when you want one every now and then
Old 09-08-2004, 05:12 PM
treno
Racer

Originally Posted by XTrooper
"everyone" knows what an "leo" is ... but I'm not sure it's used anywhere else but on the 'net.
I was watching one of those 'american justice' style shows on the discovery channel the other night, and they were talking about some serial killer that they were looking for. They showed a note from the guys record on the screen that said something like 'will shoot LEO's on sight'

The narrator said the guy had a strange vendetta agains some signs of the zodiac!

I nearly fell out of my chair.
Old 09-08-2004, 05:55 PM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 153 Likes on 73 Posts
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10

Outstanding.

I wish more people were aware of the awesome stopping power of our cars. I hate tailgaters.

Paul
Old 09-08-2004, 08:45 PM
fdxpilot
Safety Car

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by DickieC.99
COP is short for copper. Back in the day badges used to be made out of copper. If you watch old gangster movies they refer to the law as "coppers." It eventually just got shortened to COP. Gotta love the History Channel
I thought it came from Constable On Patrol.

Quick Reply: Finally Justice!