Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I grow tired of the C6 attitude already.

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 07:27 PM
Coyote
Drifting

Received 265 Likes on 104 Posts

Default I grow tired of the C6 attitude already.

I find it disturbing that some corvette enthusiasts are cutting down previous generations of Vette just because a new one is out. This, of course, mainly applies to the C6 folk now. You'll find quite a bit of anti-C5 sentiment in the C6 section. Apparently the C6's looks are SO radically different that the C5 looks like a dog now, according to them. However, just a FEW MONTHS AGO, the C5 was "the thing" and all of a sudden, it isn't. How fickle. In my opinion, the C6 is a great looking car, and there is a shot I'll own one someday. But, I also feel that the C5 is actually a better looking car, overall. (again, my opinion) The big reason for these anti-C5 attitudes is because the car looks "dated". YEAH IT LOOKS DATED.. IT'S BEEN HERE FOR A WHILE. The C6 looks fresh and new, because it is. If you'd have switched the order of the generations, people may be raving about the smooth lines of the C5 over the hard-edges of the C6 and its abruptly cutoff tail, or the "new" pop-up headlights of the C5 over the common-looking exposed design, and the meaner look of the C5's nose as opposed to the happy-grin of the C6.

But, I feel the C6 isn't exactly a HUGE departure from what already been established... and it shouldn't be. However, I've never been one to knock previous models because they are all great on their own accord. I LOVED my C4 and I miss it to this day. I think a '72 Stingray is the most sexy Vette to ever grace the planet, and say.. a 1958 C1 is oozing class!

And, NO.. I don't think the C5 is a better looking car than the C6 just because I have one. I'm not defensive of what I drive.. because I'll probably have other vettes in near future. I just sucks that a rift between generations forms from some elitist attitude.

I will save the wave. I'll be waving to every generation I come across, because they are all great, and all vettes... including the new upstart

</rant>
Old 08-26-2004, 07:30 PM
LiquidDI
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

have you seen the front license plate holder for the C6?? For that alone I would not order a C6. Seriously!
Old 08-26-2004, 07:48 PM
MyBlueC5
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '05
CI VI Veteran

In before the lock...

This is gonna get construed as a anti C6 post... (though I know that wasn't the intent)

Just for the record. Your feeling that some of the C6'ers are anti C5'ers is the same feeling the C4'ers had towards the C5'ers when the C5 came out.

When the C7 comes out, it'll start all over...

Mark
Old 08-26-2004, 07:50 PM
geerp12
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It all boils down to one thing....it doesn't matter what year or style the corvette is it is STILL A CORVETTE, that is what I like about America, I can like one thing and you can like something else and it is fine, I am with you 100% .....I will wave as long as it is a vette
Old 08-26-2004, 07:53 PM
C5 Dawg
Pro

Received 147 Likes on 66 Posts

Just remind that rare C6 owner who doesn't appreciate the 5, that his/hers is really just a C5.75. There are more similarities than differences. Biggest change is how much under list we paid vs. how much over they did.

Enjoy your car, ignore those who don't.
Old 08-26-2004, 07:55 PM
jerrymcb
Safety Car

Originally Posted by geerp12
It all boils down to one thing....it doesn't matter what year or style the corvette is it is STILL A CORVETTE, that is what I like about America, I can like one thing and you can like something else and it is fine, I am with you 100% .....I will wave as long as it is a vette

But I must have missed something. I have heard a lot of
enthusiam for the C6 but I have not heard people putting down
C5's or other corvettes.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:10 PM
Larry_Yerton
Pro

Old 08-26-2004, 08:13 PM
Rogue Wave
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-16-'17

Originally Posted by Coyote
I find it disturbing that some corvette enthusiasts are cutting down previous generations . . . I just sucks that a rift between generations forms from some elitist attitude.

I don't think you'll find a true Vette enthusiast ever badmouth another generation.

Elitits... obviously thats another story
Old 08-26-2004, 08:40 PM
MyBlueC5
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '05
CI VI Veteran

Originally Posted by Rogue Wave
I don't think you'll find a true Vette enthusiast ever badmouth another generation.

I agree. The key word being "true"

Mark
Old 08-26-2004, 09:10 PM
bierbelly
Race Director

Who gives a rat's ***? There's a war going on where Americans are getting killed...and the C6 looks like an overgrown Miata.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:16 PM
Dugmole
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Originally Posted by bierbelly
Who gives a rat's ***? There's a war going on where Americans are getting killed...and the C6 looks like an overgrown Miata.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:17 PM
Slash
Drifting

If you are so concerned about the war then why are you even posting here?
Old 08-26-2004, 09:22 PM
bierbelly
Race Director

Originally Posted by Slash
If you are so concerned about the war then why are you even posting here?
Cause I'm too old to throw beer bottles from Pennsylvania Avenue all the way to the porch of the White House...my arm's given out. But my fingers still work...you want to see one?
Old 08-26-2004, 09:22 PM
XCELER8
Le Mans Master

Love is in the eye of the beholder and they are blind at times. But, look at it this way, if there was no C5 there would have never been a C6 and with that said 80% of the C6 is made up of C5 parts.
Jon
Old 08-26-2004, 09:25 PM
Sandy S
Burning Brakes

Thats okay, just wait until the new Z06 gets announced in Jan. The worm just keeps on turning...
Old 08-26-2004, 09:30 PM
Coyote
Drifting

Received 265 Likes on 104 Posts

Oh, well, please don't get the spirit of the original message wrong. Wether the C6 is made up of 80% C5 parts are not, doesn't change the fact it is a generation onto itself. I fully support the new generation and its "individuality" while still appreciating the most important aspect of any Corvette... its roots.

oh, btw... Interesting attempt at side-tracking a thread with the war remark. Yes.. Americans are dieing for this wonderful country and everything it stands for.. which includes every American enjoying the fruits of their freedoms (ie. Corvettes and the like) .
Old 08-26-2004, 09:34 PM
Sully C5
Race Director

Cruise-In II Veteran

For those who love the C6 & are getting one...they should be happy & feel they are getting the better car. Styling aside, I would hope that each generation outperforms the previous one. When GM releases a Cx with a 427, I am in!

Get notified of new replies

To I grow tired of the C6 attitude already.

Old 08-26-2004, 09:37 PM
bierbelly
Race Director

Originally Posted by Coyote
Oh, well, please don't get the spirit of the original message wrong. Wether the C6 is made up of 80% C5 parts are not, doesn't change the fact it is a generation onto itself. I fully support the new generation and its "individuality" while still appreciating the most important aspect of any Corvette... its roots.

oh, btw... Interesting attempt at side-tracking a thread with the war remark. Yes.. Americans are dieing for this wonderful country and everything it stands for.. which includes every American enjoying the fruits of their freedoms (ie. Corvettes and the like) .
Wasn't really trying to sidetrack the thread. It just struck me as somewhat...oh, never mind.

And I like that saying...who gives a rat's ***? It's a good saying. Probably not used enough.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:40 PM
Slash
Drifting

Cause I'm too old to throw beer bottles from Pennsylvania Avenue all the way to the porch of the White House...my arm's given out. But my fingers still work...you want to see one?
Oh I see.

So "since there is a war going on" only topics that you approve can be posted?

Would you mind posting a list of topics that you approve of us discussing "while there is a war going on" so everyone here on the corvetteforum knows which topics we can post?

And would please post a list of topics we can discuss when there isn't a "war going on"?
Old 08-26-2004, 09:45 PM
VET 350
Drifting

Who's cares. I just bought one.

Quick Reply: I grow tired of the C6 attitude already.