JnJ
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No problems here, yet.
Old 08-12-2004, 09:40 AM
srchief100
Burning Brakes

They do in fact attract my attention......... If I see one in a parking lot and the owner/driver is near I usually try to have a conversation with them.

As far as a "magnet" for cops, as in summons/citation. No.
Old 08-12-2004, 10:01 AM
90 droptop
Melting Slicks

I get paced every now and then, I wonder if they are just running the plate looking for something. Either way, I set the cruise and forget it.

I've been pulled over 3 times this past year for speeding (cross country trips) in the Vette, S.S., and the Lightning. No tickets each time, knock on wood. Just a quick chat about cars and a "please slow it down". They have been very cool and I have been very thankful.
Old 08-12-2004, 10:22 AM
cop.magnet.red
Pro

Default I'm thinking yes?

ahhhh yep

not stopped yet, but they do watch and follow a little more

Last edited by cop.magnet.red; 08-12-2004 at 10:26 AM. Reason: additional thought
Old 08-12-2004, 01:21 PM
gyoung
Instructor

Originally Posted by sdnet
Hey guys:

I drive a Jeep Grand Cherokee right now - I'm generally a pretty quick driver and have had pretty good luck with the cops. I'm wondering, though, if anyone here has seen any major difference in their luck with cops since purchasing a Corvette. Do you find that they are more prone to spot you, or at least more willing to pull you over, because you're driving such a fast car?
They are a lot easier to get away from in a Vette than in a Jeep

Old 08-12-2004, 01:24 PM
dadsturn
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

As a matter of fact..YES Every blasted cop eyes me, have been pulled over just to tell me to be extra careful due to driving a vette, and I thought just one vette was bad, now that my wife has one we usually go side by side or train, THAT really bothers them!
Old 08-12-2004, 01:49 PM
vettatude
Racer

No more problems than usual.
Old 08-12-2004, 02:11 PM
mad99c5
Instructor

I got pulled over on maine two weeks ago going 75 in a 55 and there was a girl in a saturn following me and she was also going 75 and we both passed a cop on the side of the road and the cop went around her and pulled me over.
Old 08-12-2004, 03:31 PM
LBear
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a Mil. Yel. C5 and that draws MORE attention than a silver, blue, etc. The yellow just stands out and that can be a good thing but also a bad thing when it comes to police.
Old 08-12-2004, 03:44 PM
Monk
Racer

Originally Posted by sdnet
Hey guys: I drive a Jeep Grand Cherokee right now - I'm generally a pretty quick driver and have had pretty good luck with the cops. I'm wondering, though, if anyone here has seen any major difference in their luck with cops since purchasing a Corvette. Do you find that they are more prone to spot you, or at least more willing to pull you over, because you're driving such a fast car?
My personal experience is that the local town cops watch me like a hawk... often following me town border to town border. I never get that in either of my other cars. But I also know which towns are the bad cop towns and actively avoid cops in those towns to the extent practical, often turning off my normal route to either: a) avoid driving past them, or b) to force them to pass me. The longer you are in their view, the more likely they are to come up with a reason to stop you.

State cops on the highways seem to care less about vehicle type... but watch out if you've got a red or yellow Vette!!! Thank Gawd Almighty that mine is white!!! I slow down and they usually scream right past me. I am pretty careful looking out for cops (lots of bad family history here with the men in blue) and I do use my 8500 religiously. It has saved me countless times.

Monk

Quick Reply: Are we cop magnets?