Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] Do you feel that the Z06 & ZR1's are in the exotic car category?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2004, 07:47 PM
timeless
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you feel that the Z06 & ZR1's are in the exotic car category?

I definitely do. I also classify the Cobra, GT, L88, '63 split window Z06, ZR1 & Z06 amongst other American sports cars that are classified as pony cars.

Check out this site:

http://www.exotic-car-posters.com/exotic-cars.html

I scored my Z06 a "17".
ZR1 "18"
Remember, our Z06's will be worth $10 next yr and a ZR1 $15. :lol: :lol: :flag :auto: :cheers:

[Modified by timeless, 1:06 AM 1/21/2004]
Old 01-20-2004, 09:00 PM
don527
Drifting

Default Re: Do you feel that the Z06 & ZR1's are in the exotic car category? (timeless)

Performance-wise, it can hang with some of the best sportscars and even better a few. But exotic? NO.

Nothing exotic about a car that is produced at over 6,000 units per year that you can purchase at a GM dealership.

Old 01-20-2004, 09:09 PM
SQEZN BI
Racer

Default Re: Do you feel that the Z06 & ZR1's are in the exotic car category? (timeless)

I wouldn't consider them exotic . I consider the zo6 an american made supercar as chevrolet does. I do not consider a cobra a supercar as they do not , the only other american made car i have seen refered to as a supercar is the viper. I wonder if a corvette is an exotic car to a british chap.
Old 01-20-2004, 09:11 PM
VNAMVET
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 197 Posts

No. Farrari (sp)....YES!
Old 01-20-2004, 09:15 PM
SQEZN BI
Racer

By the way who in the world calls any other car besides a mustang a pony car. My friend in college had a license plate that read ''ur glue" that was for all the pony cars.
Old 01-20-2004, 09:25 PM
SQEZN BI
Racer

Default Re: Do you feel that the Z06 & ZR1's are in the exotic car category? (VNAMVET)

I feel some ferrari's are exotic , but not the ones we see like on magnum pi there too firmilar to me to be considered exotic. Porsche carrera to me not exotic , lambergini montidablo definetly exotic, sorry about spelling.
Old 01-20-2004, 09:46 PM
SQEZN BI
Racer

By definition an american car can not be considered an exotic car to someone who lives in the part of the world they are manufactured. To someone in another part of the world a corvette can be exotic to them.
Old 01-20-2004, 09:55 PM
Diamond
Drifting

Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Re: Do you feel that the Z06 & ZR1's are in the exotic car category? (SQEZN BI)

Mine is exotic when that hot stripper from cross town is lying across the hood! :party:
Old 01-20-2004, 09:58 PM
SQEZN BI
Racer

Default Re: Do you feel that the Z06 & ZR1's are in the exotic car category? (Diamond)

I think I'd have to take a look for myself.
Old 01-20-2004, 10:04 PM
EFI-1
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Do you feel that the Z06 & ZR1's are in the exotic car category? (Diamond)

Mine is exotic when that hot stripper from cross town is lying across the hood! :party:
:lolg: :lolg:

Vette's are not "Exotic" per se, but they are some of the baddest "Sportscars" IMO. :yesnod: :thumbs:
Old 01-20-2004, 10:18 PM
JimBacus
Got LAPS?
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '06

"Exotic" No

"Legendary" Yes
Old 01-21-2004, 12:04 AM
GTB/ZR-1
Safety Car

Received 77 Likes on 53 Posts

Supercars--the both of them... :cool:
Old 01-21-2004, 12:34 AM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Default Re: Do you feel that the Z06 & ZR1's are in the exotic car category? (GTB/ZR-1)

Super cars - yes
Supercars - no
Exotic - no
Old 01-21-2004, 12:42 AM
mqqn
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'11

Hi timeless -

Is the Z06 exotic? Probably not. In round numbers (work with me) you are more likely to see a C5 Z06 as you are say a 1971 Shark - roughly 21k sharks made in 71 and estimating a conservative 8700 2004 Z06 units sold, the total Z06 production is roughly 31,400.

Is the Z06 intriguingly unusual or different; excitingly strange? Not really IMO. Is it techologically advanced and engineered to the highest level? Well, yea! But C5's are fairly commonly seen on the road. I know mine is anyway.

Now the ZR1 might make the grade IMO. Not many made - you do not see them all over. How many did they make total - 6800? Unusual engine - wide rear end, huge rear tires (unmatched even on todays Z06). I would go with an exotic tag on a ZR1.

The C5 Z06 looks more "supercar" to me.

best regards -

mqqn
Old 01-21-2004, 01:30 AM
Zen06
Racer

ex·ot·ic ( P ) (egg-zot-ik)
adj.

1. From another part of the world; foreign: exotic tropical plants in a greenhouse.

2. Intriguingly unusual or different; excitingly strange: “If something can be explained simply, in a familiar way, then it is best to avoid more exotic explanations” (Chet Raymo).

3. Of or involving striptease: an exotic dancer.

Maybe a Callaway or Carravaggio or a Lingenfelter. But I agree with most -- too many produced to be in the exotic category.
Old 01-21-2004, 05:17 PM
mikeo
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Do you feel that the Z06 & ZR1's are in the exotic car category? (Racer44)

Super cars - yes
Supercars - no
Exotic - no
:iagree: I also found it odd that the website listed Camaros and Mustangs. Camaros and Mustangs are "exotic"? :nono:
Old 01-21-2004, 06:53 PM
Steve Theodore
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Do you feel that the Z06 & ZR1's are in the exotic car category?

I don't feel they are exotic (by definition) but they are exotic killers in many ways! :smash:

Steve T.

Get notified of new replies

To Do you feel that the Z06 & ZR1's are in the exotic car category?

Old 01-21-2004, 06:58 PM
WFO
Drifting

Well, as we can see there is about as much opinion about what is, "Exotic" as there are different styling que's to each other's personal rides. There are many and that's cool!

For me, exotic as it relates to cars is, probably more on the line of say, the 24HR LeMans C5R's, the new Porche GT, the Ferrari Enzo or a Bentley, are just few that come to mind quickly.

When you consider the absolute uniqueness of these Cars. The type of high grade/tech materials used, (and the extent to which these materials like: carbon fiber, stainless, titanium, fine hand rubbed leather and stitching, etc are used throughout each car). The hand built nature of these cars too.

Not to mention the length of time to actually get one of these one-off and non-mass produced delights, if ever you can get one. Even if you can afford one, they're just incredibly hard to come by. (Elitism and a bit of "supply and demand rule" at it's best here.) That's all good too, cause things like these cars are all about the few who can actually own them.

To me, from the factory, the Vette is not exotic. Now, add to the Vette any number of gentle touches from some of the premier Motor, Suspension, Interior and Wheel Gurus and now you're "getting closer" to the exotic "one off" nature that I'm thinking. There are a few of you out there and you know who you are.

What we have in our beloved Vettes is good Ole American Muscle. The love affair never seems to wane or ever lose it's charm.

I just hope the Team over at GM continues to keeps all of the Vettes "intrinsic values" in mind as they evolve through the years. Keeping style, quality and performance high all at a fair market price is a sure way for most of us to enjoy this great car.

:chevy
Old 01-21-2004, 07:10 PM
1%r
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03 through '17

I don't consider it to be an exotic but rather a supercar, BTY I scored an 11. :chevy
Old 01-21-2004, 08:08 PM
timeless
Intermediate

Default Re: Do you feel that the Z06 & ZR1's are in the exotic car category? (WFO)

Well, as we can see there is about as much opinion about what is, "Exotic" as there are different styling que's to each other's personal rides. There are many and that's cool!

For me, exotic as it relates to cars is, probably more on the line of say, the 24HR LeMans C5R's, the new Porche GT, the Ferrari Enzo or a Bentley, are just few that come to mind quickly.

When you consider the absolute uniqueness of these Cars. The type of high grade/tech materials used, (and the extent to which these materials like: carbon fiber, stainless, titanium, fine hand rubbed leather and stitching, etc are used throughout each car). The hand built nature of these cars too.

Not to mention the length of time to actually get one of these one-off and non-mass produced delights, if ever you can get one. Even if you can afford one, they're just incredibly hard to come by. (Elitism and a bit of "supply and demand rule" at it's best here.) That's all good too, cause things like these cars are all about the few who can actually own them.

To me, from the factory, the Vette is not exotic. Now, add to the Vette any number of gentle touches from some of the premier Motor, Suspension, Interior and Wheel Gurus and now you're "getting closer" to the exotic "one off" nature that I'm thinking. There are a few of you out there and you know who you are.

What we have in our beloved Vettes is good Ole American Muscle. The love affair never seems to wane or ever lose it's charm.

I just hope the Team over at GM continues to keeps all of the Vettes "intrinsic values" in mind as they evolve through the years. Keeping style, quality and performance high all at a fair market price is a sure way for most of us to enjoy this great car.

:chevy
Well Said! But, I do think that we Americans take our Vettes for granted. This post does leave a lot open for debate. If we think creatively, it can be exotic for a hell of lot less money.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Do you feel that the Z06 & ZR1's are in the exotic car category?