Sponsored by:

[Z06] MY CAR WAS STOLEN YESTERDAY

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 09:37 AM
RaceCarDriver
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Default MY CAR WAS STOLEN YESTERDAY

WE'LL THEY DIDN'T GET MY Z06, BUT MY 2003 LAGUNA SECA BLUE BMW M3 WAS STOLEN FROM MY OFFICE YESTERDAY. THE IRONIC PART IS THAT MY OFFICE OVER LOOKS MY PARKING SPACE. ALL I HAD TO DO WAS LOOK OU THE WINDOW AND I WOULD HAVE SEEN THEM STEAL IT. IT WAS A RAINY DAY, SO I LEFT MY Z06 HOME IN MY GARAGE. I'M GLAD I DIDN'T LOSE THE Z06, BUT THIS STILL SUCKS!!!!!
Old 08-08-2003, 09:42 AM
0Z06Joe@AutoBuffs
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10
Default Re: MY CAR WAS STOLEN YESTERDAY (RaceCarDriver)

Sorry to hear about your loss. It is a good thing it was not the Z, but however any stolen car still sucks. Hope they recover the car in good condition. Good luck
Old 08-08-2003, 09:49 AM
ettevroc3002
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We average 2-3 cars / month stolen from our parking lot. None of my vettes, but I did lose a '86 Camaro IROC-Z in '91. Recovered hours later totally stripped.
Old 08-08-2003, 09:55 AM
z060ntrack
Drifting

Another GOOD reason to get On Star in the C6, or BMW as far as that goes.

The insurance companies had better start offering big discounts for said devices. Yea Right! :(
Old 08-08-2003, 10:06 AM
dubya
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Contributor
Default Re: MY CAR WAS STOLEN YESTERDAY (z060ntrack)

That's too bad. :nonod: Sorry to hear of you loss.

I'd be willing to bet you'll never see that baby again. :cuss
Old 08-08-2003, 10:09 AM
dbvettez06
Melting Slicks

Good day to rain! And people wonder why car insurance is so high!!!
Old 08-08-2003, 11:01 AM
sirchman
Instructor

Default Re: MY CAR WAS STOLEN YESTERDAY (dbvettez06)

Man, at least with the vette you could have found a replacement vehicle real easy. An LSB M3, or any color M3 for that matter is gonna be hard to replace!

As far as Onstar or Lojack goes, no thanks! If someone steals it, please don't ever let it be found. I don't want it back once it's been "played" with!!
Old 08-08-2003, 11:56 AM
TRR
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: MY CAR WAS STOLEN YESTERDAY (sirchman)

Man, at least with the vette you could have found a replacement vehicle real easy. An LSB M3, or any color M3 for that matter is gonna be hard to replace!

As far as Onstar or Lojack goes, no thanks! If someone steals it, please don't ever let it be found. I don't want it back once it's been "played" with!!
:iagree: If they get mine, I hope they burn it.

TRR
Old 08-08-2003, 12:06 PM
pk2401
Safety Car

Received 218 Likes on 105 Posts
St. Jude Contributor

Sorry to hear that. That must really suck. Hopefully you'll get a replacement with not too much hassle.
Old 08-08-2003, 01:11 PM
Power Shifter
Melting Slicks

Default Re: MY CAR WAS STOLEN YESTERDAY (TRR)

:iagree: If they get mine, I hope they burn it.

TRR[/QUOTE]

Sorry about the theft. I understand what your saying TRR, and agree, but location devices are hopefully about more that finding the car, finding and trying to geting the guy that did it off the street has value to me. Ric
Old 08-08-2003, 01:53 PM
02MillenniumVette
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Sorry to hear about that. :nonod:
Old 08-08-2003, 02:08 PM
mqqn
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'11

Hi RaceCarDriver -

:nonod: :mad :cuss :nono:

Best of luck -

best regards -

mqqn
Old 08-08-2003, 03:43 PM
PeterK
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '12
2012 Election Contest Winner

Default Re: MY CAR WAS STOLEN YESTERDAY (mqqn)

I don't think they would have stolen the Z. These M3 are much more valuable to thifts.
Old 08-08-2003, 04:37 PM
RaceCarDriver
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: MY CAR WAS STOLEN YESTERDAY (sirchman)

YOUR RIGHT, IT WILL BE HARD TO REPLACE. I ORDERED THE M3. IT TOOK ABOUT 100 DAYS TO RECEIVE IT AFTER I ORDERED IT.
Old 08-08-2003, 07:02 PM
PeterK
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '12
2012 Election Contest Winner

Yep, the Z06 are dime a dozen on any vette's junk yard, body/engine parts are plentiful and cheap.

I hate to say it but chances are that your M3rd doesn't exists any more - all taken apart and sold to BMW shops across the nation.

YOUR RIGHT, IT WILL BE HARD TO REPLACE. I ORDERED THE M3. IT TOOK ABOUT 100 DAYS TO RECEIVE IT AFTER I ORDERED IT.
Old 08-08-2003, 10:49 PM
gpeduto
Intermediate

Default Re: MY CAR WAS STOLEN YESTERDAY (PeterK)

first of all peter i'm soory for your loss .... i know how awful it feels to have a car stolen especially one as nice as a new m3. back in 93 i traded in my 87 4+3 coupe for a brand new red tt rx-7 i was just amazed at how quick those little things were, especially once you start tweaking them even a little bit. that wankel engine is just marvel of modern engineering .(thats why it got motor trend car of the year in 1993) anyway..... three weeks after i got it i proceeded with your standard performance enhancements , you know $800 greddy exhaust, $350 greddy air filter, and eibach 2' lowering job for $700 w/ install. took the car to the shop on a tuesday to install got the car back thursday $1800 later ...went to the movies on saturday ......car was found in newark nj ( car theft capitol of the world)on monday stripped of everything i just put on the car and then some and then set ablaze.(thank god) talk about a nightmare experience!!!! wait it gets better , the following monday i found a silver tt rx-7 r1 w/ some mild hks up-grades and 18' oz wheels but that was'nt enough 6 mos. later i went for the whole single turbo conversion which made 435 rwhp (sick power to weight ratio it felt like 600 rwhp vette) anyway after doing the wheels and adding composite panels (hood and fenders)about 6 mos after that ....guess what? you got it ...stolen and never recovered this had to have been shipped out of the country the way it was . it was just to sweet to chop up. believe it or not i loved the way that car accelerated so much that a short time after that i found a black one w/12,000 in miles in pristine condition so i got that one also and left it completely stock and actually held onto that one for three yrs and traded for a toyota 4runner which i still have for the heavy winters we get up here in jersey.....so i guess it was never meant to be w/ me and rx-7's. so i saved and saved tnen blew it all on a 2001 Z06 but now i have taken precautions . after extensive research i found an alarm that every body should have on his vette or any car that they don't want to lose and that's the clifford g-2 anti theft alarm. here is how it works: first of all there is a hidden pressure switch that will disable the ignition unless you find and hold it down while turning the key in the ignition. ok imagine your a thief and you have managed to start the car once the rpm's reacch 2,000 rpm's the alarm is triggered to begin a count-down in which you first of all need to know where the 3 button key pad is before you can even begin to try and figure out what the code is if you don't punch in the code in 30 secs. after count-down begins the alarm kills the fuel pump & ignition disabling the car and triggerring the very loud alarm leaving the thief stranded in a very upset car, giving the theif two choices stay in the car and get caught or get out of the car and run .i think he's gonna get out and run ..... another appealing feature is that it has an anti car-jack feature also..
this works by creating a forcefield around you once you start your car. it works like this ..... once you start your car and punch in your secret code you have created a circuit . in other words once you start your car and its running if one of the doors is opened the car thinks its being stolen so every time you open and close your door while the car is running you have to punch in your code to keep the alarm from being triggered causing the car to shut down..
here's a scenario : your at a red light and car-jacker runs up on you at gun point and tells you to get out, what do you do? you get out.... BUT now once you open your and he gets in and closes the door .....the process is almost complete (you see the people at clifford wanted the theif to get just far enough away to keep the owner of the vehicle safe from harm in case the theif tried to come after you) . as soon as those rpm's hit 2000 30 seconds later our car-jacker is stranded in a car screaming for help ... in other words i can drop my keys right in front of my car and they would be totally useless to even an experienced car thief . oh my god i almost forgot the alarm also features motion sensors that don't even allow anybody within 4 ft. of the car if you get to close like try to look inside the window or try a door handle the alarm sounds a short grunt-like warning sound and if you don't step away from the car the alarm automatically goes off . it does'nt allow the thought of trying to steal it even pass a theives mind. last true story .... my wife and i in a clifford equiped Z06 meet my brother-in-law and my sister (his wife)in there non clifford equiped yellow c5 and park side by side far from everybody else and under the lights. we come out to find his yellow c5 broken into but not taken (thank god). the clifford on my car definitely made them think twice about trying to break into my Z06 . the next day my brother-in-law ordered and installed the same alrm and has'nt had an attempted break in since i highly recommend looking into this alarm ...expensive but so worth the $1150 w/install. if you want piece of mind that your car will still be there when you get back have this alarm installed on your vette asap. and to really make it impossible to steal a car w/ out a tow truck get yourself the pedal-jack from west coast corvettes it attaches to your clutch and keeps the clutch from being pressed which will make it even harder to start and impossible to shift . you see i've decided to keep my Z06 forever i' ll by another one but never get rid of this it's just to sweet a ride and also the first year of the Z06 and only year that it was available in speedway white. we even named her pegasus after the flying white horse.... very appropriate when you have 555 magna-charged bhpcove ........
best wishes and keep her safe .....
Old 08-08-2003, 11:25 PM
Bertrand
Burning Brakes

Man, how did they steal it? They must have had a flat bed or other tow truck because if your M3 was like my 1999 328i, it is supposed to have 12 different computer components that need to authenticate before the ignition will even fire?!? At least that was what I read at the time...

Sorry about your loss. That sucks. At least they didn't carjack it from you at gun point and nobody got hurt. It sucks that we can work hard for our cars only to have some low life help themselves to one like that. Hang in there...

:cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To MY CAR WAS STOLEN YESTERDAY

Old 08-09-2003, 08:46 AM
Zee06
Instructor

Default Re: MY CAR WAS STOLEN YESTERDAY (Bertrand)

Bertrand's right- the anti-theft system in this car cannot be defeated- had to be towed or flat-bedded out of the space it was in. Bummer dude- hope all works out well, and you find another to take its place. Sounds like a pro thief to me for sure,

Jeff :sad:
Old 08-09-2003, 09:42 AM
Roadfrog
Pro

Default Re: MY CAR WAS STOLEN YESTERDAY (Zee06)

Geez, what a sinking feeling and it's not my car. You have my condolences.

Never ceases to amaze me how afraid of honesty and work some people are. If work were harmful, I would have died in my teens.

Maybe a few good killin's would help rid the world of car stealing scum. :rolleyes:
Old 08-09-2003, 10:37 AM
CAPN17
Safety Car

Default Re: MY CAR WAS STOLEN YESTERDAY (Roadfrog)

It is a car, you have insurance, replace it. It is not like you experienced personal terror or danger. It is not a big deal.

Quick Reply: [Z06] MY CAR WAS STOLEN YESTERDAY