Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] It's such a shame.... It angers me so much!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2003, 12:43 AM
rbartick
Le Mans Master

Location: Admit Nothing, Deny Everything, Make Counter Accusations.
Received 514 Likes on 346 Posts

Default Re: It's such a shame.... It angers me so much!!! (yaro1)

I hope I can find a car show to show off my vette without becoming afraid of the crowd of people.
You might have more fun if you just drove it & enjoyed it instead of showing it off. :auto:
Old 06-19-2003, 03:42 AM
NSTG8R
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: It's such a shame.... It angers me so much!!! (rbartick)

I understand where you're coming from. I'd have been gone as soon as the first 1000w amp appeared ...

I have respect for the amount of custom work these people are putting into their cars. You probably think a 1000w amp is overkill while the guy with the huge stereo & subs in his econobox probably thinks that a 50k car with 405 HP is overkill. People have different priorities.

I do enjoy checking out all types of cars at these types of "shows", but I never "show off" my stuff. I park my daily driver or my motorcycle far away from the "show" area and I just enjoy looking at all the work people sink into their rides.
How about a 50k car with 405hp and a 1000+ Watt amp, large sub-woofer(s), and a killer audio/visual system? lol
Old 06-19-2003, 10:53 AM
2002 Z06
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: It's such a shame.... It angers me so much!!! (Neablas)

What a fine display of the youth of America. And to think these young punks will be running our government one day. Well, probably not since most of the good students and honor students are foreigners. Your average American student is lazy, unmotivated and has below average intelligence.

The young man and father wanted to buy a win or trophy? If that's the conclusion some of you reached from reading the post then you're not too bright either.

There is nothing wrong with a killer sound system but if that is such a high priority on your "need to get list" then can I make a suggestion. Sell your Z06 to an experienced driver who can reep the rewards from driving a stellar performance car the way it should be driven and for the purpose it was built.

Happy trails

[Modified by 2002 Z06, 3:55 PM 6/19/2003]

[Modified by 2002 Z06, 9:11 PM 6/20/2003]
Old 06-25-2003, 02:14 AM
ghostrider20
Le Mans Master

Received 235 Likes on 173 Posts

Default Re: It's such a shame.... It angers me so much!!! (2002 Z06)

Why did you not just get into your car and drive away?

Mark
Old 06-25-2003, 07:47 AM
bhamvett
Safety Car

Default Re: It's such a shame.... It angers me so much!!! (racer44)

You did the right thing.Sounds like you are being raised by great
parents.If only more kids your age had the same amount of respect for
people things like this would'nt happen.Very nice Z06!
Old 06-25-2003, 07:17 PM
OrrVette
Cruising

Default Re: It's such a shame.... It angers me so much!!! (2002 Z06)

This is my first post, I've been reading this forum for a very long time and hope to own a corvette z06 as soon as possible.

I just found this to be very funny:

Your average American student is lazy, unmotivated and has below average intelligence.
Not trying to bash you or anything, I just couldn't help but laugh when I read that.

Using "homiemoblies" to describe someone else's car is pretty absurd and rude to me. It's meant to degrade their cars. If you don't like it, don't say anything about it. This particular forum is supposed to be about Corvette z06s, not about lumping a group of cars into the term "homiemoblies."

If I went into a Lambo dealership I would show just as much "respect" as if I went into a Honda Dealership.

I agree that other people leaning on your car/not moving out of your way/etc isn't copasetic, but please stop trying to bash on other people's cars. As rbartick said, you may find their sound systems to be overkill, but I bet most people don't think that you need 405 horsepower. Your car doesn't deserve anymore respect than theirs, even if it is some $3000 car with a wing.

Sometimes there are posts on this forum which drive me nuts. I'm in disbelief that anyone can honestly think what they write.

Anyway, sorry for this being my first post (as it's all hostile and such).

David
Old 06-25-2003, 08:20 PM
Vegasr
Racer

Default Re: It's such a shame.... It angers me so much!!! (OrrVette)

And all the minorities wonder why. Why people are racist. This is a perfect example why, they bring it upon themselves and ruin it for the others. Oh well, these people suck. They live up to their stereotype, and the word "homiemobiles" is pretty mild, I've heard a lot worse, or better. Good job taking the high road out there, unlike the pukes that you had to encounter. :mad
Old 06-25-2003, 08:23 PM
Vegasr
Racer

Default Re: It's such a shame.... It angers me so much!!! (jackmott)

So you are pissed because you couldn't just BUY a victory at a car show and got beat by kids who put a lot of work into their cheap cars?

Sure, they style is tacky to you and I, but in their own circles it is what they like.
It is clear that he is not pissed because of this Jack Mott. Where did you get this from in his post? He is pissed because of the low lifes he had to deal with.
Old 06-25-2003, 08:57 PM
Lashtal
Le Mans Master

Dang! That sux. Sorry to hear that such ********* have to be that way and mess up a good time for everyone.

I feel the pain though... In Grants Pass and Medford the FNF2 crowd has suddenly sprung up and started causing the locals headaches. We figure that it is mostly the out-of-towners (tourists) that are doing it - due mainly to the overwhelming number of California license plates.

People around here are really in to the old muscle car, classic car and restoration car hobbies. Now that summer is here there are more classics hot-rods and such out on the road to "balance" out the FNF2 crowds.

One of the recent shows looked like just about every FNF2 member in the area showed up. Hopefully some learned that being a *Car Enthusiast* is what gets respect, honors and trophy's. Not attitudes.

:cheers:
Old 06-25-2003, 09:17 PM
pk2401
Safety Car

Received 220 Likes on 106 Posts
St. Jude Contributor

Default Re: It's such a shame.... It angers me so much!!! (Vegasr)

I'm sure he used the term "homiemobile" not to degrade someone's car, but to describe the type of people. When he wrote "homiemobile", I immediately had a visual image in my head, being that there are many of them where I live. You can call it a stereotype if you want, but I'd have to say it's the truth.

I had a similar incedent happen to me this past weekend. My truck was parked in a parking lot, I get to my truck, there are these "homiemobiles" parked next to me with their music f'n loud. Smoking cigs and drinking beer. One guy had my tailgate down sitting on it. I was like what the hell. Of course I didn't say anything, because who know's what they have in their cars. I politly asked him to get off so I can drive away. He slammed the tailgate closed, while giving me the nastiest look. I just got in my truck and drove away. Again, if it's the truth, it's not stereotyping.

[Modified by pk2401, 6:18 PM 6/25/2003]
Old 06-25-2003, 09:44 PM
Nabbs
Drifting

Default Re: It's such a shame.... It angers me so much!!! (OrrVette)

I agree, you could use a better tone and term. It's clear to everyone in here that you are making disparaging comments towards a race of people. While I sympathize (and can certainly empathize having grown up in NYC and in Boston), but my anger towards the others was quickly replaced by a little "huh?" when I read certain parts of your post. Here is a life lesson: choads come in all sizes, shapes, and colors. They can be young kids, or old white men listening to the beach boys. It's an equal opportunity employer. Listening to rap music and modifiying out a Hyundai doesn't automatically mean that somebody has a lack of respect or is a criminal, etc. Just as somebody who drives a Camaro is not a mullet wearing slack-jawed yokel. Once we go down the path of blanket stereotypes, we all suffer.

Quick point of clarification: is it your POPS Z, or is it YOUR vette? The reason I ask, is because its good you're learning respect for property, but you can't trully learn said respect until you pay da bills. But you've got time before you've got to start worrying about that. Stay in school, listen to your dad, and go to college...before you know it you too, can afford YOUR own.

You're well on your way, I'm impressed with how well written you are for a young'en.

Keep the painted side up!

-N
Old 06-25-2003, 09:49 PM
Nabbs
Drifting

Default Re: It's such a shame.... It angers me so much!!! (pk2401)

I disagree, there are more tactful ways of saying this. I think everyone can agree that this is too close to attaching itself to a particular race. I think he could have just said trash, that would have been much for fitting ;)

As an addendum, I've had more blood pressure raising incidents with soccer moms in their mini vans who don't car if they swing their doors open and smack into you, then I have had with some kid in a tricked out Civic. Even tho the latter does not share the same taste as me, he tends to appreciate his car and as such is unlikely to damage my car as a result of careless actions.

Parking lot, who you gonna park next to? Mini Van with 18 screaming kids, or the civic with the crazy paint and 5' wing?

-N
Old 06-25-2003, 10:56 PM
yaro1
Instructor

Default Re: It's such a shame.... It angers me so much!!! (Nabbs)

Quick point of clarification: is it your POPS Z, or is it YOUR Vette? The reason I ask, is because its good you're learning respect for property, but you can't truly learn said respect until you pay da bills. But you've got time before you've got to start worrying about that. Stay in school, listen to your dad, and go to college...before you know it you too, can afford YOUR own.

Actually, its mine. On the papers and such, it is my father's, but in my family’s perspective its mine. Before you jump to conclusions that I am spoiled, or pampered, I believe an explanation is in order.

Since I was 1 and a half years old, I have coveted a corvette. I have saved every penny. When my friends would go buy new CDs and Nintendo games, I would deposit my money into a savings account. I saved and saved. I have always been on top of the news about the corvette. When I heard about the C6 and some of the changes, I made my own opinion that I liked the styles of the C5 better. I told my parents of this and they sympathized.

I live in about 2 hours away from Kerbeck, the alleged largest corvette dealer in the United States. We took a trip there and were only browsing until we heard the 0% for 60 months deal. They said we could get ourselves a brand new Z06 for about 47K at 0% for 60 months. Icing on the cake was the fact that it was a 50th anniversary model year and had that “50th” on the C5 hood and deck emblems. To make a long story short, we purchased a Z06 within the week due to various reasons.

Some people say that I should have waited and that when I drive it will already be old, but I fell in love with the C5 design and for value purposes, it is a 50th anniversary year which will make it more collectable. I had saved a large amount to pay for nearly one third of the car! My money is going towards the payments for as long as they last. I’m paying my father back as the money become available so that I can eventually say that I purchased the car fully.

My dad and I go for rides about once every week or so. We don’t race it. But that should change when I learn to drive (a few years). Trust me, I didn’t just buy a Z06 to say I have 405 HP; I bought it so I could show off what a Z06 Corvette can do!

In a way, I am more attached to this car than some may think because it is not only my dream car, but I even paid for some it. It is NOT A PRESENT although that is what some may think. It is a REWARD. I am not a kind of person that likes morals and lessons, but I learned young that when you mix perseverance with a dream, that dream can easily become reality with dedication (and good, nice parents help to :) :yesnod: ).

Sorry for another long one, I'm a very thorough person. :lol: :D
Old 06-25-2003, 11:40 PM
PowerMad
Pro

From the posted image, i think your 6 looks pretty sharp. I went to a show for rice-burners and had a great time. Some of these cars had more time and money tied up in their engine than I paid for my 6. There were some totally whacked paint jobs and some stuplifying, stop-you-in-your-tracks, facinating paint schemes. I saw some incredible, innovative and original interiors.

However, the strangest thing there was the audio competition. It was an experience to feel as well as hear. Ear protection for all spectators should be mandatory. The object of the competition was to have the highest decibel output from your audio system. All of the podium positions were won by systems with an output so loud that it exceded the human pain threshold.

Although that type of show and competition isn't for me, it certainly appeals to a large following. It seems such a shame that the cheers and applause for the winners couldn't be heard <G>.

I was sorry to hear that you found yourself at a car show that didn't establish competition groups and guidelines for competitors; a show that was little more than and evening spent parked at the local hangout after driving the strip. To me, even being a spectator at that type of show is no fun at all.

Don't be angry with them. Feel sorry for them. They were at a show where they, in their own way, were just as much out of their element as you were.

dave,

BTW, when you are somewhere that people openly carry deadly weapons, you need to have your CHL. a Glock. and an ample supply of bad guy repellant... just in case you are not able to diplomatically withdraw from the area.

-- dd
Old 06-26-2003, 01:04 AM
Bertrand
Burning Brakes

Yaro,

Congrats on having your head screwed on so straight for someone your age. I wasn't this together at 13 myself. Don't get upset with the loosers that don't respect your property. If you try to understand their behavior as primarily driven by envy or jealousy, you can shift from being pissed to feeling sorry for their poor existence and feeling thankful for everything you have (your sound mind being of the utmost importance).

The minute you let how others act affect your ability to enjoy your fine ride and life in general is the moment you have empowered them...Make the choice to ignore or dismiss those that don't respect you and stay focused on positive activities that add value and you will soon be surrounded primarily by people who DO respect you and your property. Just my humble two cents...

:cheers: :flag

Quick Reply: [Z06] It's such a shame.... It angers me so much!!!