Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] What is the biggest pos car that has ever challenged you to a race?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2003, 12:53 PM
5.slow
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the biggest pos car that has ever challenged you to a race?

What do you guys get revved on by and laugh at? :nono:
Old 03-22-2003, 01:30 PM
rutiger
Burning Brakes

Default Re: What is the biggest pos car that has ever challenged you to a race? (5.slow)

monster trucks. it seems that 98% of the population here drive ford f350's (at least 350's if not larger). they put all sorts of crap on the trucks: chrome, lift kits, 40 pairs of headlights.

those are the retards that normally rev their engine at me. while i will agree that they could drive over me and never notice, they will not out run me.

i'm not sure if this falls into the pos range though as these people spend a lot of money on these trucks.

either way, they annoy me to no end.
Old 03-22-2003, 02:23 PM
Gaijin
Racer

Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Re: What is the biggest pos car that has ever challenged you to a race? (5.slow)

Same here. Two weekends ago (last time I had the Z06 out). Had a 4X4 Chevy Silverado with what looked like Flowmaster's rev up on Scottsville Road trying to get me "fired up." I passed. After all it was a Chevy. And second, at $1.90 per gallon, didn't want to waste precious resources.

:lol:

[Modified by Gaijin, 1:25 PM 3/22/2003]
Old 03-22-2003, 02:42 PM
joe03z06
Pro

little rice rockets always want to prove something where i live
Old 03-22-2003, 02:50 PM
MongoosC5
Instructor

Default Re: What is the biggest pos car that has ever challenged you to a race? (joe03z06)

little rice rockets always want to prove something where i live
:iagree:
some kid puts a maxwell house coffee can on his muffler and all-of-a-sudden thinks its a Ferrari... :skep: :leaving:
Old 03-22-2003, 04:14 PM
14car
Instructor

Default Re: What is the biggest pos car that has ever challenged you to a race? (MongoosC5)

guy wanted to race for $20, my corvette vs. a mid 90's half ton chevy pickup......with nitrous obviously. So we proceeded to take his $20, stacking four deep in my buddy's Harley Davidson Ford supercrew. Didn't feel like wasting the gass in the corvette.
Old 03-22-2003, 04:18 PM
CHILZ06
Intermediate

Definitely trucks. They ALWAYS wanna try to get a race going. lol.
Old 03-23-2003, 01:31 AM
Lashtal
Le Mans Master

Default Re: What is the biggest pos car that has ever challenged you to a race? (rutiger)

monster trucks. it seems that 98% of the population here drive ford f350's (at least 350's if not larger). they put all sorts of crap on the trucks: chrome, lift kits, 40 pairs of headlights.

those are the retards that normally rev their engine at me. while i will agree that they could drive over me and never notice, they will not out run me.

i'm not sure if this falls into the pos range though as these people spend a lot of money on these trucks.

either way, they annoy me to no end.
:iagree:

I get all kinds of people in trucks wanting to race me when I'm in my Z06.

:cheers:
Old 03-23-2003, 02:08 AM
clintw
Intermediate

I had a moron :conehead in a dodge truck rev his engine :nono: . I ignored him and he stuck his hand out the window and gave me a thumbs down :mad so I decided it was time to do a "Fly-By" :flag

Old 03-23-2003, 10:10 AM
JACSZ06
Instructor

Default Re: What is the biggest pos car that has ever challenged you to a race? (clintw)

I chased down a Z28 on the highway one night and was wearing out his rear bumper when my exit came up and I pulled off. The next thing I know I've got this old redneck yelling out his window about how I let that pos beat me. I told him I never even got out of fourth. He proceeds to tell me that he will "whoop my azz" in his 1970 something chevy truck- and it was a dually at that! :lol: Some people have no idea.
Old 03-23-2003, 10:27 AM
zul8r
Instructor

Default Re: What is the biggest pos car that has ever challenged you to a race? (JACSZ06)

Just last night I had a HOnda civic- with a fart pipe, tach, shift light, and yes even stickers :lol: :lol: :rolleyes: try to race me- I stress TRY. He was behind me and kept changing lanes to get up to me- finally he comes flying be me and then slows back down- I just ignore him- dont want to waste me $2 a gal gas. Then he gets caught in traffic and I go on bye- he proceeds to come flying back up to me- I see him coming fast in my rear view mirror- so as he comes on bye me I downshift into 3rd, I was in 4th going about 45mph-he manages to to get bye me a couple car lengths and then he's all history- I think I got up to about 80mph and let off. We then get at a red light and he rolls down his window and tells me he was just playing around with me :lol: :lol:
I told him not to make me have to waste my gas anymore :yesnod: :smash:

It seems as I get either riceres or as someone else said trucks- big 4wd trucks with flowmasters that would run 16-17's in the qtr- go figure??
The closest truck that I have ever seen come close to me was my brothers Dodge Dokota RT wit the 5.9L V8 engine- he had a little work done to it too. He an 13.4's in the qtr. The stock lightnings run low-mid 13's as well.
Old 03-23-2003, 12:01 PM
z06dailydriver
Racer

Default Re: What is the biggest pos car that has ever challenged you to a race? (zul8r)

I also say certain trucks and SUV's, the bigger and more expensive, the more obnoxious. I pass these drivers every day, and all of a sudden they speed up and try to prove something. Escalade drivers are the worst. They should stick with the golf course
Old 03-24-2003, 08:39 PM
LIGHTNINROD
Advanced

Default Re: What is the biggest pos car that has ever challenged you to a race? (z06dailydriver)

Some 'trucks' aren't POS nor that slow :) .

Dan
Old 03-24-2003, 08:44 PM
VNAMVET
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 197 Posts

Default Re: What is the biggest pos car that has ever challenged you to a race? (LIGHTNINROD)

Some 'trucks' aren't POS nor that slow :) .

Dan
Don't leave us hangin' Danny Boy..........like what.............your FORD? :U

[Modified by VNAMVET, 9:45 PM 3/24/2003]
Old 03-24-2003, 09:32 PM
JACSZ06
Instructor

Default Re: What is the biggest pos car that has ever challenged you to a race? (VNAMVET)

Your Lightning might be "fast", but it's still a truck and will never be a Corvette. (By the way it's not that fast) Thanks for playing. :seeya
Old 03-24-2003, 10:46 PM
14car
Instructor

Default Re: What is the biggest pos car that has ever challenged you to a race? (JACSZ06)

I want you Texas guys to notice......is it me or is a Dodge truck usually the one you see flying down the road with no signals, aggresive lane changes and just an all around attitude. Maybe it's just me.
Old 03-25-2003, 01:01 AM
LTC Z06
Get Some!

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 64 Likes on 44 Posts

Guys that drive SEATs (a little car from Spain) think they are fast???????

Get notified of new replies

To What is the biggest pos car that has ever challenged you to a race?

Old 03-25-2003, 09:15 AM
neile
Racer

CI 3-5-8 Veteran

In the SF Bay Area it seems that a C5 on the freeway is like waving a red flag in front of a bull: I constantly have Jettas, Passats and Audis overtaking me and moving into my lane in front of me. Strange.

Neil.
Old 03-25-2003, 10:04 AM
1REBEL
Instructor

Hey guys, 'lightin' up.

VNAMVET: thanks for the "Boy"--I'm 63 to your 58......

Jac: I never said(and never say) that my L was "fast". I will say it's quick --12.531 in the 1/4 at SDR(not known for traction) isn't too shabby. Never said(nor implied) it was a Corvette(much less a Z06).

I was just responding to the theme of the thread and in which, several guys noted "trucks" tried to call them out. I rarely street race and would never challenge a C5 on the interstate. "Fast" means MPH and you guys will take my(but not every L--see One Lap of America's Lightning veteran and Silver State Classic "165 mph" class Lightning) truck every time on the top end. "Quick" relates to "time"(ET) and you may or may not take my L in the 1/4 mile

EDIT: Sorry for the confusion of screen names. I'm LIGHTNINROD and 1REBEL.

[Modified by 1REBEL, 10:42 AM 3/25/2003]
Old 03-25-2003, 10:31 AM
needhlp
Drifting

Default Re: What is the biggest pos car that has ever challenged you to a race?

in the curves with a 4000lb+ truck :nono:
biggest pos that has tried to "race" me in traffic was a nissan 300z....he was weaving in and out of cars and revving me like crazy (it sounded like his engine was gonna blow)....I ignored him and moved on.

Quick Reply: [Z06] What is the biggest pos car that has ever challenged you to a race?