I generally wash and detail but I like to do it. It is my golf

It's my sitting on a lake fishing.
Old 01-08-2024, 10:17 AM
hyperv6
Drifting

Received 665 Likes on 417 Posts

Originally Posted by yellow2007

It's my sitting on a lake fishing.
LOL,,,, Since I don't drink I also have claimed it to be my drinking. I always have wax under my thumb nails.

When you show a black car you have to get it right.
Old 01-10-2024, 07:39 AM
chambers115
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I have a black 04 convertible with 40,000 miles on it now. I had a full paint correction and ceramic coating done in the spring of 2023. The difference is incredible and worth every penny. The car has a deep mirror shine and requires little to no effort when washing. I will admit though, I will never buy another black car due to the number of surface scratches that were removed in the process and visible prior to the paint correction and coating.
Old 01-10-2024, 01:29 PM
hyperv6
Drifting

Received 665 Likes on 417 Posts

Originally Posted by chambers115
I have a black 04 convertible with 40,000 miles on it now. I had a full paint correction and ceramic coating done in the spring of 2023. The difference is incredible and worth every penny. The car has a deep mirror shine and requires little to no effort when washing. I will admit though, I will never buy another black car due to the number of surface scratches that were removed in the process and visible prior to the paint correction and coating.
This is why you want Paint correction no matter the color. You cover it with paint protection or Ceramic it will seal in the flaws.

Black is not too bad if you know some of the tricks to deal with it and have the right tools. It is a little more work but it the best when clean.
Old 01-10-2024, 01:31 PM
Thrash
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 95 Likes on 57 Posts
Tech Contributor

Got an '03 AE coupe a year ago w 6K miles on it, but it had the original sectional PPF kit on it that was deteriorating, so I spent a relaxed month in Sept. removing it all (half done in 1st photo), and would never put PPF back on it. I like shiny paint not vinyl, so took another relaxed month thru Dec. doing a thorough 2-stage color correction, followed by 2 coats of Feynlab Original Ceramic and a 3rd coat of their Overcoat (finished & cured last week in other 3 photos). As a friend of mine with 3-vettes (a C4, C5 & C8) said, "I'd rather touch-up the paint than deal with the PPF" and I agree.

​​​​​​​

Quick Reply: Your Opinion on Paint Correction, Xpel and Ceramic Coating