Sponsored by:

Quickjack setup. Down button is not working

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2023, 02:39 PM
bac00
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quickjack setup. Down button is not working

I'm at the point in setup where you bleed the system. Up to now, I believe I've done everything as directed. Each Quickjack is up on the rubber blocks and the "Up" button worked as expected. But the "Down" button makes a single, low-level tick sound when I press it and nothing else. Support is not available from them on the weekend, though I did submit a support ticket. Any help appreciated!

- Bob
Old 08-19-2023, 02:55 PM
grinder11
Race Director

Received 3,606 Likes on 2,556 Posts

I don't have a QJ, but I do have a 2 post lift. On my lift, the lift is lowered with a lever that bleeds off hydraulic fluid. If you QJ does the same thing, it may take some time before it lowers with no weight on it. With no weight on mine, it takes awhile to lower. I don't know much about the QJ. Wish I could help more...

Last edited by grinder11; 08-19-2023 at 03:08 PM.
The following users liked this post:
bac00 (08-19-2023)
Old 08-19-2023, 04:24 PM
Davcruz
Pro

Received 245 Likes on 154 Posts

If you have not already, try putting some significant weight on them. I had mine side by side and then stood with 1 foot on each.
The following 2 users liked this post by Davcruz:
bac00 (08-19-2023), Dads2kconvertible (08-22-2023)
Old 08-19-2023, 05:01 PM
bac00
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Davcruz
If you have not already, try putting some significant weight on them. I had mine side by side and then stood with 1 foot on each.
That did the trick. Thank you.

For anyone who may run across this post in the future, I'm only about 150 lbs. I stood on the lower end of each one (the other ends are up on those blocks). They go down slowly and a little jerky at first, but it works

Now to finish setup!
Old 08-22-2023, 12:54 AM
AntonioZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

stand on the quick lift and raise/lower it several times. Takes a few cycles to bleed the air out and clear up the jerky motion
Old 08-22-2023, 10:23 AM
Davcruz
Pro

Received 245 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by bac00

For anyone who may run across this post in the future, I'm only about 150 lbs. I stood on the lower end of each one (the other ends are up on those blocks). They go down slowly and a little jerky at first, but it works

Now to finish setup!
Good deal, the QJs are not hydraulic down, just gravity, so sometimes they will stick a little, usually for me it is at the very bottom of the drop. I think bleeding the air out using the schrader valves helps some too, and I check them periodically and still get air out, even after using them many times now.
Old 12-27-2023, 08:30 PM
ChrisGro16
3rd Gear

Now to finish setup!
hey Bob,

I'm doing my initial set up now. I've bled out the air and seem to have a similar issue. I can go up fine and back down fine if I raise it roughly quarter to the first lock out point, but the right side lags. If I go higher than half to lock out I can't get it to go back down. I'm just worried about it not going up and down evenly when I jack up my car. Any suggestions
Old 12-27-2023, 10:25 PM
MetalMan2
Melting Slicks

Received 1,025 Likes on 651 Posts

Are you guys filling the air cylinders with air? They are supposed to be 40-50psi according to the manual. These air cylinders help "push" the Quickjacks to the flat position, you shouldn't need weight (i.e. standing on them) when the air cylinder is adequately filled.

https://www.quickjack.com/quick-tips...ng%20correctly.
The following users liked this post:
BmoreRnsDeep (12-28-2023)
Old 12-29-2023, 08:48 AM
bac00
4th Gear

Originally Posted by ChrisGro16
hey Bob,

I'm doing my initial set up now. I've bled out the air and seem to have a similar issue. I can go up fine and back down fine if I raise it roughly quarter to the first lock out point, but the right side lags. If I go higher than half to lock out I can't get it to go back down. I'm just worried about it not going up and down evenly when I jack up my car. Any suggestions
Once I successfully made it through the bleeding process, they worked under the car exactly as expected.
Old 12-29-2023, 09:26 AM
bac00
4th Gear

Originally Posted by MetalMan2
Are you guys filling the air cylinders with air? They are supposed to be 40-50psi according to the manual. These air cylinders help "push" the Quickjacks to the flat position, you shouldn't need weight (i.e. standing on them) when the air cylinder is adequately filled.

https://www.quickjack.com/quick-tips...ng%20correctly.
This was my understanding, too. Air cylinders were correctly inflated, but, during the bleeding process, the jacks simply would not go down under their own weight. I have since learned that many others had the same issue.
Old 12-29-2023, 10:48 AM
jcj63
Intermediate

Received 30 Likes on 12 Posts

This was my understanding, too. Air cylinders were correctly inflated, but, during the bleeding process, the jacks simply would not go down under their own weight. I have since learned that many others had the same issue.
According to my QuickJack manual this is a normal condition when no load is on the jack. It even says to step on it to get it down.
Old 12-29-2023, 12:03 PM
Fast one
Safety Car

Received 348 Likes on 220 Posts

I haven't put air in the cylinders for at least three years, the jacks lower all the way to the floor on their own with no air pressure.
Old 12-29-2023, 02:00 PM
roegs
Racer

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

Mine used to go all the way down by themselves until this past summer. We had a heavy rain and water blew into the garage and the rear pivot point of one of the jacks had water around it for a few days. Even though I had kept that kept all the quickjack lube points well oiled, that pivot point rusted and it no longer allows the jack to lower completely under its own weight.
Old 12-31-2023, 10:36 AM
ChrisGro16
3rd Gear

This is where I'm at. Cylinders inflated correctly, absolutely no air in the lines. Still won't go down and I don't get it. I didn't want to proceed with jacking up the car at this point but i dont know what else can be done. Quickjack sent me their "updated" bleeding procedure when i spoke to them last but did nothing.
Old 12-31-2023, 10:47 AM
ChrisGro16
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by jcj63
According to my QuickJack manual this is a normal condition when no load is on the jack. It even says to step on it to get it down.
Interesting I'll read over to check
Old 12-31-2023, 12:27 PM
Missileboy
Racer

Received 331 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisGro16
This is where I'm at. Cylinders inflated correctly, absolutely no air in the lines. Still won't go down and I don't get it. I didn't want to proceed with jacking up the car at this point but i dont know what else can be done. Quickjack sent me their "updated" bleeding procedure when i spoke to them last but did nothing.
It's normal. Once bled, you stand on them to make them come down if not under a load. Mine is the same way, but once the car is on them, when I lower it, they go all the way down.

Get notified of new replies

To Quickjack setup. Down button is not working

Quick Reply: Quickjack setup. Down button is not working