C5 Front Fenders

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2023, 12:05 PM
milk4coffee
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default C5 Front Fenders

Hello!

I damaged my front fender at the track this past weekend thanks to clipping a huge cone at the apex. I've been looking for new and used fenders and I'm wondering what people have done with?

I'm particularly looking for pictures (and experience) of the C5 Carbon Creations ZR Edition Fenders. There aren't a lot of pictures of a whole C5 with these fenders so I'm having a hard time picturing them on the car. Not sure if they'll look good and fit well. Tried searching the forum with minimal luck.

Any insight would be great.

ZR Edition style fenders
Old 08-03-2023, 02:23 PM
MWWarlord
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,112 Likes on 1,940 Posts
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
St. Jude Donor '21-'22

I had my front fender replaced with a new OEM fender. It looks just like stock. As for the fenders you linked. that's totally up to you. They may be marginally lighter. They're certainly more expensive, and it may take some work to get them to fit properly. They won't really offer any real performance advantage, but if you like the way they look, go for it. Since you are tracking the car, you might want to consider that your insurance is unlikely to pay to fix the aftermarket fender if it happens again. If you do get them, post some pics of the finished product.
Old 08-03-2023, 02:49 PM
milk4coffee
Advanced

Originally Posted by MWWarlord
I had my front fender replaced with a new OEM fender. It looks just like stock. As for the fenders you linked. that's totally up to you. They may be marginally lighter. They're certainly more expensive, and it may take some work to get them to fit properly. They won't really offer any real performance advantage, but if you like the way they look, go for it. Since you are tracking the car, you might want to consider that your insurance is unlikely to pay to fix the aftermarket fender if it happens again. If you do get them, post some pics of the finished product.
The car isn't street driven, it's track only so insurance coverage is based on stated value. I'm searching out used fenders as well but hard to find.
Old 08-03-2023, 03:11 PM
MWWarlord
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,112 Likes on 1,940 Posts
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
St. Jude Donor '21-'22

Try VetteNuts. They have a ton of used stuff.
The following users liked this post:
milk4coffee (08-03-2023)
Old 08-03-2023, 09:02 PM
heggsc5
Melting Slicks

Received 726 Likes on 513 Posts

eBay, your local CL or OfferUp, Vette Villains, Vette Nuts. I'd be surprised if you can't find a used one through any of those. Even FB groups, just be careful for scammers on FB especially.

The ZR1 fenders aren't very popular. Just like all of that brand's other products, fitment is hit or miss. But if it's just a track car, it should be adequate enough. Most people run flared fenders (1"), either from that same company or a couple other vendors. Fitment has been proven to be hit or miss on all brands.

Unless you're missing a chunk, for a track car, you might consider just using some plastic weld on it or even zip ties to stitch it? Front fenders are PU just like the bumper covers, not SMC like the other panels. Because of that, the carbon on fiberglass aftermarket fenders are noticeably lighter in hand, but it's nothing to get excited about.
milk4coffee (08-07-2023)
Old 08-03-2023, 11:11 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,445 Likes on 14,051 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Exactly. Very good forum vendor.
Old 08-03-2023, 11:20 PM
jdmvette
Night Owl for life
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,256 Likes on 1,675 Posts

Originally Posted by milk4coffee
I'm searching out used fenders as well but hard to find.

c5 fenders are all over the place on ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...ender&_sacat=0

i bought my replacement fender there with no issues.
heggsc5 (08-07-2023)
Old 08-07-2023, 10:11 AM
milk4coffee
Advanced

Originally Posted by Vetteman Jack
Exactly. Very good forum vendor.
Thank you both for the recommendation!

Had an initial phone call with Vettenuts, and confirmed they have what I'm looking for. It's expensive to ship to my location (near Toronto Canada). I'm having a hard time reaching them by phone or email to confirm we can proceed with the transaction.

Originally Posted by jdmvette

c5 fenders are all over the place on ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...ender&_sacat=0

i bought my replacement fender there with no issues.
Most of them I find right now have damage of some sort, and I'm looking for something sooner rather than later. Secondly, same problem with shipping costs to Canada being quite high or some sellers not shipping at all.
Old 08-07-2023, 02:07 PM
Kubs
Le Mans Master

Received 1,774 Likes on 949 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

I broke the lower mount on my driver side fender and now it just flaps in the wind while on track.

Old 08-07-2023, 03:21 PM
milk4coffee
Advanced

Originally Posted by Kubs
I broke the lower mount on my driver side fender and now it just flaps in the wind while on track.
I mean yes, that is the other option. Badass pic by the way. So MEATY!

VetteNuts came to my rescue this afternoon, ideally I'll have the parts up here in Canada in a couple of days.

The longer story about why I don't want it flapping around is:
About 2-3 months ago I bought electron sport 3d printed wheel well/fender vents. When I went to install the passenger side, I opened up the liner and fender close out to find my ECU dangling by it's wires and resting on the close out. I have no idea how long it's been like that, I have only had the car a year and already ran a few track days. The plastic around it was brittle so I had to fashion up a bracket on the fly. The bracket (and supporting zip ties) are holding up but I don't want that area exposed to rocks, water, asphalt etc just in case that ecu comes loose again. So while I'm in there replacing the fender I'm going to try and make sure the ECU is tied up right. But I just don't feel comfortable running hard with it like that (and turning my brain off about it so I can drive).
Kubs (08-08-2023)
Old 08-07-2023, 08:49 PM
punz
Drifting

Received 239 Likes on 174 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15

I used aesautoparts for a door and fear fender, same color of my car. I think that they ship with greyhound to keep shipping down. I actually drove there to check out the parts out in person before purchasing. They are near Detroit, not all that far from Toronto.
milk4coffee (08-14-2023)

Get notified of new replies

To C5 Front Fenders

Quick Reply: C5 Front Fenders