Sponsored by:

abs, trac control,

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2023, 10:48 PM
Slo Yelo C5
Race Director

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by XmentalPilot
Clean brake fluid and a charged up battery (a maintainer is a must if you have a garage queen). Regularly exercising the ABS with some heavy braking... and if you can, find an open space and activate the active handing once in a while. Both those activities will get the EBCM/ABS pump working and keeps it from getting sticky. When ever we start the car there is a diag routine that spins up the EBCM/ABS pump. if it is all gummed up from dirty and stagnate brake fluid, it's gonna draw too much current and melt the circuit traces/solder inside the EBCM. I have a '98 vert and have no issues and no worries. Drive it and enjoy!
How often should you drain/replace brake fluid? Mileage or years...
Old 02-02-2023, 10:54 PM
XmentalPilot
Drifting

Location: "Once you have flown, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward; for there you have been
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

When it turns dark... the interval kind of depends on your usage. Check it at your oil changes and if it is dark change it... I have speed bleeders on my calipers.. worth every penny. If you have a manual trans, changing the CLUTCH fluid is a good idea too... it gets dark really fast!
The following users liked this post:
Willows (02-03-2023)