Sponsored by:

Billy Boat Exhaust Extensive Time Deliverey Warning

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2021, 01:05 PM
Hary Gahtoe
Drifting

Received 332 Likes on 219 Posts

Default Billy Boat Exhaust Extensive Time Deliverey Warning

Heads Up to anyone looking to buy a Billy Boat exhaust. Anticipate at least a 12 week timeline from order date or possibly longer.

I fully realize the Covid curve has messed things up but judging from meager responses given it appears this is company production/management issues, unrelated to Covid as far as has been communicated back.
Like I've said before; Love the product, hate the game
I'm at 11 weeks and don't know when it may show up.
From time to time I'll make updates but if you want one before Summers over I wouldn't bet on it and with inflation rising everywhere so expect a healthy jump in cost if it hasn't already
Good Luck and stay safe

Hary

Old 05-10-2021, 04:31 PM
GoldenFlame
Pro

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

I'm waiting on an AIRAID intake and it's the same thing.. Ordered beginning of March, no time frame for shipping..
Old 05-11-2021, 03:55 AM
strand rider
Safety Car

Received 235 Likes on 181 Posts

you are a man with good taste, the construction and engineering on that brand seems first rate, from the internet pictures I have seen when looking for headers. On the positive side, at least you don't have to add shipping delays from china into the mix, and production delays, even new structural business problems with a small builder are certainly understandable, given the reality we face.

My car came with a magna flow axle back system, top quality , no complaints from me, also American made. If you can't wait, being such a large company, you might be able to find some magna flow product in stock,
Old 05-11-2021, 12:27 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,449 Likes on 14,054 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

B&B makes a good product (had a Route 66 car back on my ‘00), but a 12+ week delay in getting one is . COVID has really screwed up a lot of things, but not good either if management issues happen to be affecting production.
Old 05-11-2021, 01:00 PM
Hary Gahtoe
Drifting

I respect this company for their level of materials and workmanship and want to promote an American made product. That and the fact they really "get it" when people want to enhance their cars means alot and it shows in their products. I just wish they could pass on ETA ( email/text ) customer info when dates are so far out.
I think if I hit 15-16 weeks I may have to end my fully paid order
To be fair, yes I'm sure Covid protocols and related distancing, date pushbacks have likely caused company headaches but really; 12+ weeks is kinda long in the tooth but like strand rider said, least it's not Chinese computer chips. I can still drive a car with a stock exhaust
Old 05-11-2021, 01:02 PM
ElisTwoCents
Le Mans Master

Received 420 Likes on 234 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06,'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

I run a B&B PRT, exhaust sounds great but that seems like an extreme wait time. I thought they made these here in Arizona, or used to.
Old 05-11-2021, 03:10 PM
Hary Gahtoe
Drifting

I thought so as well. They list their HQ as NC
125 Infield Ct, Mooresville, NC 28117
Old 05-12-2021, 08:50 AM
BBExhaust!
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts

Hary
Thanks for the support of the product. All of our exhaust systems are hand made in Mooresville, NC, by the finest craftsmen in the business. You will not find a better sounding, higher quality exhaust in the industry. We did move from AZ about 18 months ago, and since our move we have focused on quality production. Could we MIG weld all our systems and build them twice as fast? Yes we could, like most others in our industry, but I want to build the best part in the industry. When you take it out of the box I want you to feel like you should hang it on the wall, not put it under your car.

We have seen a HUGE increase in the demand for our products, which has led to extended lead times. Add to that a pandemic, a strike at the plant that supplies most of the stainless steel, and a shortage of workers, it does create some challenges. Lead times do vary depending on the part number, so feel free to email me directly bill@bbexhaust.com if you have questions or concerns.

Billy Boat
The following 4 users liked this post by BBExhaust!:
Hary Gahtoe (05-15-2021), lewislgZ06 (05-12-2021), sonicss33 (06-12-2021), USAZR1 (05-12-2021)
Old 05-12-2021, 12:24 PM
Hary Gahtoe
Drifting

Thank you Mr Boat (Billy if I may) for providing some background on production difficulties. Dealing with multiple constraints can become overwhelming. I realize the length of production run time is greatly increased but 12 to (?) weeks wasn't originally expected or communicated as with the production issues until just now. Positive PR truly helps everyone involved. I understand
So, while you're here;
If I were to ask what the finish build date on a FCOR-0215 ordered the last week of Feb what would the best guess be as of today?

Thank you for sharing some production background and adding how challenging things have become at all levels making a great product in troubling times
Hary
Old 05-12-2021, 03:56 PM
BBExhaust!

Originally Posted by Hary Gahtoe
Thank you Mr Boat (Billy if I may) for providing some background on production difficulties. Dealing with multiple constraints can become overwhelming. I realize the length of production run time is greatly increased but 12 to (?) weeks wasn't originally expected or communicated as with the production issues until just now. Positive PR truly helps everyone involved. I understand
So, while you're here;
If I were to ask what the finish build date on a FCOR-0215 ordered the last week of Feb what would the best guess be as of today?

Thank you for sharing some production background and adding how challenging things have become at all levels making a great product in troubling times
Hary
We are prepping to ship a few Feb orders and orders from March right now. These did get behind due to a shortage of material, and now we are trying to catch up. Most other Corvette exhaust have been shipping in 6-8, but due to the volume of PRT orders we have and the labor intensive process to build them they are taking longer, 8-12 weeks. We are working to get them out as fast as we can while at the same time maintain the quality of the product.
The following 3 users liked this post by BBExhaust!:
Hary Gahtoe (05-12-2021), lewislgZ06 (05-12-2021), Route99 (06-12-2021)
Old 05-12-2021, 04:40 PM
Hary Gahtoe
Drifting

Can't be more thrilled at news like that. You gave me a reason to excited about tomorrow and the next day again. Hoping someone can bring you that type of happiness in return
Thanks for sharing Billy
Old 05-12-2021, 04:51 PM
Smoken1
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 971 Likes on 783 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Now would be a good time to add that 3.42 diff you were talking about
Old 05-12-2021, 07:52 PM
Hary Gahtoe
Drifting

Default Truly No Rest For The Vicar'd ( I'm a Pastor )

So the garage is running out of room with parts I have accumulated and parts I have committed to purchase.
Just installed 4 high carbon rotors, Carbon pads, Earls braided lines, new GM Master cylinder, full DOT4 flush and Tech2 bleed, Timken rear bearings, Gorilla lugs, lowering bolts f&r.
I have heated monogrammed seat covers w/wiring and new (to me ) wheels, PRT exhaust en route soon.
After having Covid in Jan, I need to enjoy the family and the car at this point for this summer. So this fall I can work on some mechanical parts I'm compiling ( Diff, bearings, seals, bushings) and some motor parts. I really need some fun time for before I lock myself away in the garage and carefully put the car on the lift by myself slated for the rainy season coming afterwards.
So even though the pile grows, I can drop the top and smile at the accomplishments made so far.
The following users liked this post:
lewislgZ06 (05-12-2021)
Old 05-12-2021, 09:29 PM
droptheleash
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hary Gahtoe
Heads Up to anyone looking to buy a Billy Boat exhaust. Anticipate at least a 12 week timeline from order date or possibly longer.

I fully realize the Covid curve has messed things up but judging from meager responses given it appears this is company production/management issues, unrelated to Covid as far as has been communicated back.
Like I've said before; Love the product, hate the game
I'm at 11 weeks and don't know when it may show up.
From time to time I'll make updates but if you want one before Summers over I wouldn't bet on it and with inflation rising everywhere so expect a healthy jump in cost if it hasn't already
Good Luck and stay safe

Hary
I'm at 16 weeks now, told by Billy mine will ship end of next week so, add 2 more weeks. That's if they in fact ship next week.
Old 05-12-2021, 10:06 PM
Hary Gahtoe
Drifting

Originally Posted by droptheleash
I'm at 16 weeks now, told by Billy mine will ship end of next week so, add 2 more weeks. That's if they in fact ship next week.
I don't think he'd mind. I can share some info Billy himself emailed. They are pumping out most systems @6-8 weeks and the PRT's (#0215 - 5 of which mine is one) which have been taking longer due to product shortages will ship next week

Don't get discouraged. It's truly worth the wait. I'm glad I had to only wait during mostly inclement weather as opposed to sunshine and warm summer days
Stay well
Hary
Old 05-13-2021, 07:21 AM
BBExhaust!

Originally Posted by droptheleash
email me the name your order is under and I will check on it
Old 05-21-2021, 12:00 PM
Hary Gahtoe
Drifting

I checked my mail yesterday and see a package tracking number for the exhaust. Guess when I get back from Vacation I have a great reason to spend time on the car with the new exhaust. Ought to be fun. I’ll add some pics and a sound byte as I go
The following users liked this post:
lewislgZ06 (05-21-2021)

Get notified of new replies

To Billy Boat Exhaust Extensive Time Deliverey Warning

Old 05-21-2021, 03:37 PM
heggsc5
Melting Slicks

Received 726 Likes on 513 Posts

I'm still waiting on a Corsa order from January as well...it's nuts out there :/
Old 06-12-2021, 10:07 AM
capt. sam
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

I ordered and paid for (VISA) my Billy Boat axle back on 3/13/21. Nothing yet. They keep saying 2 weeks, 2 weeks....Nothing yet. It's an excellent product - but I'm getting to the point of wanting to wiring up some Honda fart cans. Or maybe I could put some playing cards on the wheels like we did on our Schwinn bicycles. But then I probably have to order the bike and that might take forever too....don't know about the cards....probably out of stock.
Old 06-12-2021, 06:07 PM
Hary Gahtoe
Drifting

I received an exhaust but there are difficulties. I’m in the middle of negotiating with Billy. I am leaving for car show soon and remain hopeful. This is really not how I thought would pan out

Quick Reply: Billy Boat Exhaust Extensive Time Deliverey Warning