Old 09-14-2020, 12:20 PM
MWWarlord
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,112 Likes on 1,940 Posts
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
St. Jude Donor '21-'22
Default What's up with RPI?

Hey guys. I thought that RPI was a forum vendor. I ordered a domed steering wheel decal from RPI on August 27th. I immediately got a confirmation email with an order #. The email states that I would receive another email to let me know when my order has shipped. When I hadn't heard anything more, I sent a polite follow up email on September 3rd asking if they knew when my order would ship. I got no reply at all. After waiting another 5 days, I sent another email. I also sent a PM to RPI Don here on the forum. As of now (Sept 14) I have not gotten a response to any of my emails or PM. I certainly understand that Covid has caused all sorts of delays. However, that would not explain why they have not responded at all to my multiple communications. I expect better customer service from a forum vendor. Also, I was under the impression that they had this item in stock. Why would it take over 2 weeks to ship a sticker about the size of my palm? Was I wrong about RPI being a forum vendor? Is there a way that I can file a complaint through CF? I make a point of supporting forum vendors (sometimes paying more to do so). I am very thankful to all the vendors who help to keep this site going. However, RPI just doesn't seem to be living up to the standards that I would expect.
Old 09-14-2020, 01:01 PM
Stingroo
Safety Car

Received 3,200 Likes on 1,697 Posts
St. Jude Donor '20-'21-'22-'23

I've had two experiences with them, both pre-Corona, and they were bad. Sorry to hear this. Bit of a bummer.
Old 09-14-2020, 01:10 PM
bc6152
Drifting

Received 450 Likes on 272 Posts

I believe that Southern Car Parts and RPI are one and the same. Both have poor records of CS and communicating with their customers. Put your complaint on the Transactions Forum so that all CF members can see and avoid dealing with any vendors that continue to ignore calls and emails related to placed orders. All CF members should view and research the Transactions Forum before placing any order - even with CF vendors...
Old 09-14-2020, 01:23 PM
MWWarlord
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '21-'22

Originally Posted by bc6152
I believe that Southern Car Parts and RPI are one and the same. Both have poor records of CS and communicating with their customers. Put your complaint on the Transactions Forum so that all CF members can see and avoid dealing with any vendors that continue to ignore calls and emails related to placed orders. All CF members should view and research the Transactions Forum before placing any order - even with CF vendors...
Oh, that is concerning. I also have an order in with Southern Car Parts. It is a custom painted order. Their site said it would take 5-6 weeks to ship, so I haven't really been worried about it. I sure hope I don't end up having issues with that order as well.

If they have such poor customer service, why hasn't the forum done anything?
Old 09-14-2020, 01:34 PM
mstromquist
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,891 Likes on 1,679 Posts
2015 C5 of the Year Winner

I bought my engine cover from them pre-covid and it shipped as stated. They said it would take 5-6 weeks to ship as it was a made per order item. I received it when they said I would so I was relieved about that. I have also bought some domed front and rear bumper logo inserts and received them within a couple weeks as well. Not sure what's going on now but I've had good dealings with them so far. Just keep sending them emails and PM's and maybe they'll respond soon when they get tired of you sending them everyday....
Old 09-14-2020, 01:42 PM
DA1984VETTE
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 57 Posts

I have ordered from 2 or 3 times and haven't had any issues with them at all. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble. Hope this situation gets resolved for you.
Old 09-14-2020, 02:14 PM
rjwvetttt
Racer

Received 219 Likes on 131 Posts
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by MWWarlord
Hey guys. I thought that RPI was a forum vendor. I ordered a domed steering wheel decal from RPI on August 27th. I immediately got a confirmation email with an order #. The email states that I would receive another email to let me know when my order has shipped. When I hadn't heard anything more, I sent a polite follow up email on September 3rd asking if they knew when my order would ship. I got no reply at all. After waiting another 5 days, I sent another email. I also sent a PM to RPI Don here on the forum. As of now (Sept 14) I have not gotten a response to any of my emails or PM. I certainly understand that Covid has caused all sorts of delays. However, that would not explain why they have not responded at all to my multiple communications. I expect better customer service from a forum vendor. Also, I was under the impression that they had this item in stock. Why would it take over 2 weeks to ship a sticker about the size of my palm? Was I wrong about RPI being a forum vendor? Is there a way that I can file a complaint through CF? I make a point of supporting forum vendors (sometimes paying more to do so). I am very thankful to all the vendors who help to keep this site going. However, RPI just doesn't seem to be living up to the standards that I would expect.
Exactly same issue with the same part I'm having with them. He started by telling me how long it takes to ship from Southern Florida when I explained that's where I live.
I even asked for the location and if I could just go pick it up. Nope then the rude hang up.
Never will I order from them again. 😡
Old 09-14-2020, 02:26 PM
c5arlen
Melting Slicks

Received 827 Likes on 593 Posts

Wow.... Dose this mean one should not use Forum vendors? Risky?
Old 09-14-2020, 04:04 PM
DEFCON5
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 190 Likes on 93 Posts

I ordered 2 parking light lenses from a company that sold OEM parts. They also had a disclaimer about COVID an shipping issues. I waited and got no confimation# after a few days. The customer service number dept. never answered the phone. Since I paid with PayPal, I filed a complaint and mentioned contacting the BBB (I have filed complaints with the BBB twice with success both times.) PayPal copied them on the email and I recieved a notice from said company saying that they would refund my account, which they did. I ordered a pair from Rock Auto at 1/2 the price and had them in 4 days. Faster than they promised. Apparently mentioning the BBB has some clout.
Old 09-14-2020, 04:31 PM
MWWarlord
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '21-'22

Originally Posted by c5arlen
That is definitely NOT the message that I want to put out there. I really believe that MOST of the forum vendors are great. I've had lots of good experiences. Sharp light innovations and Vette Lights are both phenomenal for the record. I expected the same great service from RPI...I have not gotten it.
Old 09-14-2020, 04:39 PM
MWWarlord
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '21-'22

Originally Posted by rjwvetttt
Exactly same issue with the same part I'm having with them. He started by telling me how long it takes to ship from Southern Florida when I explained that's where I live.
I even asked for the location and if I could just go pick it up. Nope then the rude hang up.
Never will I order from them again. 😡
Hmmmm...that worries me even more. If there are delays for legit reasons, I'm totally fine with that. If they said, "Hey sorry it's gonna be 5 weeks", I wouldn't be thrilled, but I would at least be okay with it as long as it really was 5 weeks. It's the fact that they won't answer me at all. I'm paying almost $45.00 for a freaking sticker!! How hard is it to respond to my question. I had actually been considering some door sill plates from them. Definitely going to go elsewhere for those at this point.
Old 09-14-2020, 04:43 PM
MWWarlord
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '21-'22

Originally Posted by DEFCON5
I ordered 2 parking light lenses from a company that sold OEM parts. They also had a disclaimer about COVID an shipping issues. I waited and got no confimation# after a few days. The customer service number dept. never answered the phone. Since I paid with PayPal, I filed a complaint and mentioned contacting the BBB (I have filed complaints with the BBB twice with success both times.) PayPal copied them on the email and I recieved a notice from said company saying that they would refund my account, which they did. I ordered a pair from Rock Auto at 1/2 the price and had them in 4 days. Faster than they promised. Apparently mentioning the BBB has some clout.
I paid with paypal as well. I may have to go this route if I don't hear back from RPI. Does anyone know of a different vendor who sells the same domed steering wheel decal?
Old 09-14-2020, 04:54 PM
bc6152
Drifting

Received 450 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by c5arlen
No, irresponsible forum vendors are the exception not the rule. Just takes a few to ruin it for those who trust the forum vendors and place orders...
Old 09-14-2020, 06:28 PM
RedSoxFan
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

I had the exact same experience with RPI as th OP. I ordered a battery cover about two months ago! Got the email as soon as I placed the order and nothing since then. I used PayPal and will be chasing a refund. This is unacceptable BS from a forum vendor.
Old 09-14-2020, 07:06 PM
sloopdawg
Burning Brakes

Received 182 Likes on 132 Posts

I guess I'm a little different
If I order something on-line
it get's here when it get's here
what I have found in all my years of wisdom
with great expectations come big disappointments
I have bought a lot of stuff from RPI (mostly engine bling) (pre rona)
some came fast, some came slow, but it always came
be patient grasshopper, it will get there
Old 09-14-2020, 08:12 PM
punk86
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by bc6152
Shoot. I ordered a billy boat exhaust from SCP. I emailed them like after 3-4 weeks and they told me it might take 6-8 weeks. Wednesday will be week 7. I wonder if emailing BB would give me an estimate.
Old 09-15-2020, 09:01 AM
bjones7131
Safety Car

Received 845 Likes on 592 Posts

Ironic, I ordered an exhaust plate and got the conformation email but after a couple emails with no reply I called them at 1-888-257-8515 and guy was polite and said he would check on order. Came back and said they were out and on order and would get back to me when to expect. Next day I got an email saying they had shipped, got the plate yesterday. I think they drop ship some items like my plate. Almost sounded like they never really followed through on my order and when I called magically order was shipped. Prob. will not order from them again.
Old 09-15-2020, 09:24 AM
F1Fan
Drifting

Received 87 Likes on 61 Posts

Interesting, I"m having identical issues with the "Southern Car Parts" side of the same business, can't get an answer to any emails.
I've given up and decided to ask for a refund, now I can't get them to answer the phone.

Oh I learned the hard way, never buy online with an unknown vendor and use Paypal, you'll will have a tough go getting your money back.

Finally got someone in sales to answer the phone, his response, "Ugh, yeah this orders not moving"
Parts not in stock, refund supposedly issued.
Hate doing business with shady *****.

Last edited by F1Fan; 09-15-2020 at 09:31 AM.
Old 09-15-2020, 09:33 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,379 Likes on 14,023 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Yes, RPI Designs is a supporting vendor. Please post a description of what transpired between you and them here https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-feedback-153/.

Here is the rule that governs vendor disputes:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-feedback.html

Get notified of new replies

To What's up with RPI?

Quick Reply: What's up with RPI?