Why Do You Own A Corvette?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2019, 10:38 AM
radar502
Safety Car

Received 298 Likes on 227 Posts

Default What a Corvette

Originally Posted by LimaCharlie
If you have to ask, you would not understand my explanation.
I never asked another Corvette owner : why you own a Corvette ? Real Corvette people just know and you know if you are a Corvette person or not . Real Corvette people can tell if you are one of us ..
Corvette owner RADAR ..
Old 12-10-2019, 09:37 PM
Bossdog
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Can't say I'm really a "Corvette guy". I have my C5 Z06 strictly for track purposes. I've tracked a heavily track prepared STi and a 2012 Boss 302. Really enjoyed them both. But, when you combine stance, wheel base width, power, weight, tire size, handling, The C5 Z06 is hard to beat for the money on the tack. If I had the cash, I'd track a different car every 3 years. I'd love to try a GT-R, SS ZL1, Shelby GT350, NSX, GT-4 and the 2020 Corvette!. But, I'm a man of modest means!
I LOVE taking my C5 to the track!!

Last edited by Bossdog; 12-10-2019 at 09:38 PM.
Old 12-10-2019, 10:01 PM
66frommd
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

As a childhood carnut, we used to build models for hours. Don't know, maybe it was the glue but I swore to myself I would get one when I was old enough. As life goes, I managed to prioritize myself right out of making my dream come true, but at 64yrs of age I decided to either get my Corvette, or stop talking about it. I must have looked for months, thinking budget, time of year, price etc., but finally found one that caught my eye. I never ever thought I would buy a red car, but just like a healing homeopathic stone, it chose me. My wife loves it, and loves to pop the top and feel the sun and breeze. Whenever I'm about to go anywhere and make my way to the vehicles the color hits my eyes first and then it dawns on me again....Hey, that's mine. Nice. I plan on personalizing like so many of the classy, supped up, stock and well put together ones I've seen since joining the forum. You guys (and ladies) are something else. I wouldn't recommend to anyone that doesn't have a Corvette of any year to be on this forum, unless you were about to buy one. Talk about hating. All colors, wheels, engines, interiors and special stuff. But my smart A** answer would be...Because I can. The real answer is I've always wanted one, and glad I pulled the trigger on it. PLUS what the guy said above my post!!
Old 12-11-2019, 09:53 AM
speedypete
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Because I never had one !! so I went with the best : 04 Z06 t red
Old 12-11-2019, 11:31 AM
black match box
Burning Brakes

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Most people would not understand, its an experience

The following users liked this post:
realvc (12-19-2019)