Sponsored by:

Stories about getting or not getting a ticket

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2019, 04:59 PM
ALLEN007
Burning Brakes

Received 98 Likes on 44 Posts

Default Stories about getting or not getting a ticket

Reading a post below reminded me of getting pulled over for speeding in a C6 I use to have. So I thought, let's hear of others.

If my wife wasn't with me I wouldn't even tell the story. Don't think anyone would have believed it. Heading to Tampa from Panama City a couple years ago I got pulled over for speeding (around 15 mph over). It was a female Deputy Sheriff. After she came back from running my license I told her "well I have not had a ticket since the late 70's". She said "you still don't have a ticket. If I had this car I would be speeding too". My wife couldn't believe it.
The following users liked this post:
CorvetteBrent (11-16-2019)
Old 11-14-2019, 05:23 PM
z06801
Melting Slicks

Received 296 Likes on 201 Posts

Only time I've ever been let off without a ticket after getting pulled over I was on I80 early Saturday morning and late for a drivers meeting at the track. When out of nowhere I had a officer pacing me from behind. Pulled me over, he had to have had me at 20. Had all my papers ready for him when he got to window he ask where I was going so fast, with a sheepish smile I said "to the races" "no I really, am I'm late for my drivers meeting at Miller" he kind of smiled took my stuff went back to his car I was sure I just ensured my self of getting a good size ticket. Came back with a smile and said keep it down and sent me on my way

Last edited by z06801; 11-14-2019 at 05:37 PM.
Old 11-14-2019, 05:33 PM
Fcar 98
Melting Slicks

Received 893 Likes on 466 Posts

Pa State Trooper pulled me over on I 79 out side of Pittsburgh. 72 in a 55. 2 mph over the max for 55. Not a speeding ticket, failing to obey traffic something or other. $100 dollars. Hands me the fine. I hear great looking car. I responded only ticket I’ve had with it, at the time, in 18 years. Thanks.

Last edited by Fcar 98; 11-14-2019 at 05:39 PM.
Old 11-14-2019, 05:44 PM
knewblewkorvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,709 Likes on 1,670 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16'-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-
'23-'24

Holy cow, I could write a book. I probably average getting pulled over at least once a year for the past 35 years. So I have 35 plus stories. I would guess half were tickets and half I got off with a warning. Hell, within a two week span after purchase, I was pulled over in my 98 C5 twice. I wasn't even breaking the law, I just hadn't gotten licence plates for it yet. The second time I got pulled over the officer followed me over 10 miles before he hit the lights.
My last adventure with America's finest was with my black 99 C5. I was doing 10-15 over and running no front plate. State Trooper was kind enough to let me go with a warning on both counts. He actually thanked me for being a responsible citizen for carrying a weapon as I had my gun on me. Yes, I have a CCW.
The following 2 users liked this post by knewblewkorvette:
CorvetteBrent (11-16-2019), moncal90 (11-14-2019)
Old 11-14-2019, 05:59 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

Received 3,813 Likes on 1,925 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04

You carry a gun !
Old 11-14-2019, 08:12 PM
msandym
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

I was heading to Captree , Long Island , on Sunday morning (every Sunday there’s a meet) , around 7 am . I was doing about 135 over the bridge lifted off the gas and coasted off the bridge doing 100 . Cop got me , said how fast we’re you going ? I said 100 , he said right . Went to his car came back and just gave me a warning ! Few months later on Southern State heading to Captree pulled over , 93 ! He let me go too !
Old 11-14-2019, 10:54 PM
C5MSG2004Vert
Drifting

Received 385 Likes on 273 Posts

About 40 years ago I had just had a fight with my girlfriend and I was driving on Hylan blvd in Staten Island NY. I was at a stop light in my 1971 GTO. Some guy pulls next to me and races his engine. When the light turns green I floor it and wind it out through 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Probably hit 90 or 100 mph. So that took all of about 13 seconds. The road had some cars on it and the light ahead changed to red. As I started to slow down I could see the red lights of a cop car far behind me. I stopped for the red light. There was really no where to go except straight ahead. The cop was still pretty far away but I just pulled over to the side of the road. The cop pulled up behind me and when he stopped I got out of my car and started walking towards the cop car. He got out an yelled at me "get back in your car and give me your license, registration and insurance card". I gave him the paper work and he looked at me and asked me where I worked, I said Aurther Treachers. After awhile the cop came back and threw my paper work at me though the open window and said "get this thing off the road and If I see you on the road tonight your going to jail". So I went home and that was it. No ticket, no written warning he just let me go.
Old 11-14-2019, 11:01 PM
glbeauchamp
Race Director

Received 255 Likes on 212 Posts

How about the one where a guy was running from a state trooper trying to stop him. After several miles the guy finally stopped. The trooper asked the guy why he didn't stop and sped up when he tried to stop him. The guy says "Well officer, about three years ago my wife ran off with a state trooper and I thought it was him trying to bring her back!"
Old 11-14-2019, 11:02 PM
K-Spaz
Team Owner

Location: Central PA. - - My AR15 identifies as a muzzleloader
Received 522 Likes on 387 Posts
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Was 19, for my job I drove almost daily about 45 min one way from one office to another. Part of it was Rt 15 N out of Wiliamsport PA which back in the early 80s was lots of rural roads and even partially streets in Lycoming Township. Google maps today lists it as 75.7 miles with the new bypass. I typically could cover it in 45 minutes. One day, I got pulled over on Lycoming Creek Road (then part of Rt 15) for 62 in a 35. Cop comes to the car, does all the normal stuff, "Do you know how fast you were going?". "62?". "62.4......" We talked for a bit and I think he was so shocked I answered honestly he let me off with a warning.

Lots of those trips were at night (I worked then about like now, all he time). There was a state police barracks along the route and they were always on 15 from Blossburg to Covington and the areas surrounding. It was a very sparcely traveled road at night then, and I'd make that trip sometimes at midnight or so. So often the cops had seen my car every day that time forever, they didn't even bother me. One night, I'm doing around 100 in the 55 coming down Bloss Mountain north on 15. At the one big parking area off the left side of the highway sits a state trooper. He sees me coming and of course it's way too late to slow down by the time I see him with the lights out. I simply back out of the throttle some and he can hear I've lifted. He put his arm out the window waving down as if to say, "hold it down" and never moved. I slowed to about 80 and went on my way back home.
Old 11-14-2019, 11:14 PM
K-Spaz
Team Owner

Location: Central PA. - - My AR15 identifies as a muzzleloader
Received 522 Likes on 387 Posts
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Another one... Back in the 90s I used to have tickets every year for some Nascar races, the Winston being one of em. My BIL and I had gone for years and we'd take turns who drove. This time, I had my E150 Conversion van. So, I drive down, and we get just north of Charlotte and we're coming in 77S into town. If you're familiar with that road back then, it's hilly, I want to say 4 or so lanes each direction, and for miles before entering the city it's a 35 speed limit. Well, I'm just haul'n *** with this 302 van trying to keep up. I joked, are we going to watch a race or enter one? I'm in one of the center lanes and on some hills, I've got it floored to keep up with the traffic that's scary to me, and that's saying something. It's pretty much all the E150's got to hold 80mph up the hills (in a 35). Not much traffic is passing or doing anything, but it's like some incredible group of madmen on the highway. I've never been in heavy traffic moving that fast before or since.

So, after about 2 miles of this, a car passes me easily doing 90. I'm like, wtf dude? Right then, the car behind me pulls out to the left and sticks the lights on, here I've been followed by an unmarked car for a couple miles doing 80 in a 35 with PA plates in NC, and didn't rate a ticket!

I'm tellin ya, traffic was flyin!

Get notified of new replies

To Stories about getting or not getting a ticket

Quick Reply: Stories about getting or not getting a ticket