Sponsored by:

Quickjack 5000 car lift

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2019, 07:05 PM
Melting Slicks

Received 557 Likes on 263 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran

Originally Posted by Maxx_Z06
I too am eyeballing the 5,000 model. Could some of you post how you're storing yours when not in use?
QuckJack just started to market their new (very robust!) wall hangers, I just received a set of these wall hangers last week.
One thing though, there is no green anodizing on the set of hangers I received....
Cheers,
Goose

https://www.quickjack.com/accessorie...l-hangers.html
There are dozens of ways to stow your QuickJack in a garage: lean them against the wall; stack them on top of each other; tuck them together under your vehicle, etc. The opportunities for easy storage are practically endless.

Some people prefer to hang their frames on the wall, up and out of the way. These convenient hangers are the best way to make that happen.

If you'd like to hang your portable car lift frames on the wall of your garage, our exclusive hangers mount directly into a sturdy wall stud for safe, simple storage. A rounded hanging plate accommodates all QuickJack models. Just make sure you mount them at the correct height!

Each mount features a sleek, laser-cut QuickJack logo to provide visible proof that this is the OFFICIAL QuickJack wall mount set. These wall hangers were designed and engineered by the same minds that designed your QuickJack portable car lift, so you know rigorous testing standards were applied and unparalleled safety factors were built in. Real-world testing and advanced computer analysis were performed to ensure quality and long-term resilience.

We know you'll be impressed by how durable your hangers are. Plus, they look great in any garage environment. If you've been looking for a way to vertically suspend your QuickJack frames, these hangers offer the perfect solution.

SCREWS AND OTHER HARDWARE INCLUDED. MUST BE INSTALLED INTO WALL STUD.

A - Width4.75" (121 mm)

B - Height6.75" (172 mm)

C - Depth2.25" (57 mm)

Weight (ea.)1 lbs. (0.5 kg)

Shipping Weight3 lbs. (1.4 kg)

Old 05-13-2019, 11:20 AM
jrob56
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Lets say I chose to store them under the car and just push them together in the middle. Shouldn't ever happen, but if you were to drive over one(kid, wife, etc), anything to hurt or robust enough to not be phased. Guessing fittings and such are tucked well into the frame when collapsed? In this scenario, all lines removed, just the jacks stored in middle under the car.
Old 05-13-2019, 12:08 PM
Daddy o
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

OK. I just ordered my Quick Jack today direct from QJ by phone. HD was out where I live and am not a Costco member. Talked with Robert at QJ and he made a good deal for me by phone. Bought the 5,000 for $150 off and he threw in the wall hangers at n/c. I probably could have saved a few more bucks shopping around, but since I'm a lazy old gezzer, I took the easy way out. Been wanting one since I saw it at Carlisle last year but like I said I'm a lazy old gezzer. The recent posts got the fluids flowing again, so I pulled the trigger today. Thank's OP for the kick in the a##.
Old 05-13-2019, 04:40 PM
fatboywilly
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Park over em

I slide mine towards the center n park over em. Theyre a little heavy to be pickin em up to hang up. No problem with clearance.
Old 05-13-2019, 05:04 PM
mre1974
Drifting

Received 330 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by 69
QuckJack just started to market their new (very robust!) wall hangers, I just received a set of these wall hangers last week.
One thing though, there is no green anodizing on the set of hangers I received....
Cheers,
Goose

https://www.quickjack.com/accessorie...l-hangers.html

There are dozens of ways to stow your QuickJack in a garage: lean them against the wall; stack them on top of each other; tuck them together under your vehicle, etc. The opportunities for easy storage are practically endless.

Some people prefer to hang their frames on the wall, up and out of the way. These convenient hangers are the best way to make that happen.

If you'd like to hang your portable car lift frames on the wall of your garage, our exclusive hangers mount directly into a sturdy wall stud for safe, simple storage. A rounded hanging plate accommodates all QuickJack models. Just make sure you mount them at the correct height!

Each mount features a sleek, laser-cut QuickJack logo to provide visible proof that this is the OFFICIAL QuickJack wall mount set. These wall hangers were designed and engineered by the same minds that designed your QuickJack portable car lift, so you know rigorous testing standards were applied and unparalleled safety factors were built in. Real-world testing and advanced computer analysis were performed to ensure quality and long-term resilience.

We know you'll be impressed by how durable your hangers are. Plus, they look great in any garage environment. If you've been looking for a way to vertically suspend your QuickJack frames, these hangers offer the perfect solution.

SCREWS AND OTHER HARDWARE INCLUDED. MUST BE INSTALLED INTO WALL STUD.

A - Width4.75" (121 mm)

B - Height6.75" (172 mm)

C - Depth2.25" (57 mm)

Weight (ea.)1 lbs. (0.5 kg)

Shipping Weight3 lbs. (1.4 kg)

MUST BE INSTALLED INTO WALL STUD.

Well...seeing that my walls are exposed block and not stick lumber construction I'm going to have to say that a masonry drill bit and correct sized Tapcons would be my route.
Thanks for posting the hanger info...those look quite nice.
Old 06-02-2021, 11:37 AM
fbuehner
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Black
I paid the full direct from manufacturer price about 5 months ago and I WOULD pay it again in a heartbeat.

I've had zero problems with the system so far and have used it over a dozen times on the Vette and a dozen times on other cars we have.
I keep looking for the model of the 5000 folks are buying for their C5, any suggestions? Frank
Old 06-02-2021, 11:44 AM
mcropper03
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I bought mine from Costco.

https://www.costco.com/quickjack-5%2...100460313.html
Old 06-02-2021, 12:06 PM
Mr. Black
Le Mans Master

Received 4,175 Likes on 1,951 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by fbuehner
I keep looking for the model of the 5000 folks are buying for their C5, any suggestions? Frank
like mcropper said, Costco seems to be the most popular choice for the 5000lb set.

I would have bought mine from Costco but that deal came out months after I had already purchased mine.
Old 06-03-2021, 09:16 PM
heggsc5
Melting Slicks

Received 726 Likes on 513 Posts

5000SLX is the right one. Like many others, got mine from Costco.
Old 06-03-2021, 09:21 PM
ThomasR
Melting Slicks

Received 681 Likes on 413 Posts

Originally Posted by heggsc5
5000SLX is the right one. Like many others, got mine from Costco.
I got the same one, but from Home Depot because I'm not a Costco member. It's definitely worth the money.
Old 06-03-2021, 09:29 PM
heggsc5
Melting Slicks

Received 726 Likes on 513 Posts

Good call. Home Depot did have them on sale at the same time Costco did when I bought mine. I just chose Costco to ensure I wouldn't have any return issues if needed haha
Old 06-04-2021, 07:09 AM
maybelooking
Le Mans Master

Received 114 Likes on 73 Posts

Best investment I have made in my car hobby. You will wonder how you ever got by without it.

My vette is rock solid stable when on the quick jack.
Old 06-04-2021, 12:38 PM
1wholikescars
Racer

Received 101 Likes on 62 Posts

Out of curiosity, is a quick jack lifting the car high enough to do things like a clutch job, can you drop the transmission at the height it goes to? I have a few jobs coming up I want to do, such as putting insulation in the tunnel to reflect some of that heat and keep the car cooler inside.
Old 06-04-2021, 03:30 PM
wydopnthrtl
Drifting

Received 290 Likes on 187 Posts

I had the same question before I bought mine. Yes you can swap your clutch with it. The bottom of the car will be 19.5" off the ground and it'll move frontwards / backwards 12"

Here is a picture of my Jag (same dimensions for a C5)

Old 06-05-2021, 06:27 PM
laurent_zo6
Melting Slicks

Received 312 Likes on 227 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

Originally Posted by 1wholikescars
Out of curiosity, is a quick jack lifting the car high enough to do things like a clutch job, can you drop the transmission at the height it goes to? I have a few jobs coming up I want to do, such as putting insulation in the tunnel to reflect some of that heat and keep the car cooler inside.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...placement.html
Old 06-07-2021, 12:08 AM
cool555
Advanced

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

I just tried out the quick jack 7000slx on my 04 Z06 and it was rock solid stability. That was just on the first locking position. Btw, the lower air dam does tap the quickjack when the car rolls over them.

Quick Reply: Quickjack 5000 car lift