Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Let's see your seats!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2018, 09:18 PM
Rev Ron
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I hear you. Then again, I received a box of parts today that I ordered from Ecklers. Have you ever noticed how many things we buy to restore a 50 year old classic American car... that were made in China? I don't even want to talk about the newer Vettes and their parts... so that response doesn't help me much... but thanks.
Old 05-31-2018, 09:21 PM
Rev Ron
Instructor

Now that's what I need to hear. I'm new to the Vette world and appreciate lessons learned.
Old 05-31-2018, 09:42 PM
chasboy
Le Mans Master

Received 914 Likes on 721 Posts
Oldtimer

Originally Posted by Rev Ron
I hear you. Then again, I received a box of parts today that I ordered from Ecklers. Have you ever noticed how many things we buy to restore a 50 year old classic American car... that were made in China? I don't even want to talk about the newer Vettes and their parts... so that response doesn't help me much... but thanks.
As usual there are people here who think their opinions are divine and can say anything they want, which is why they frequent ignore lists. Stock seats have wrinkles too, genius. (Not referring to you RevRon.)
Old 05-31-2018, 10:05 PM
calguy
Drifting

Received 150 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by chasboy
As usual there are people here who think their opinions are divine and can say anything they want, which is why they frequent ignore lists. Stock seats have wrinkles too, genius. (Not referring to you RevRon.)
mine sure don't have wrinkles.
If you can't take a little heat, then perhaps you need to sit with the little kids.

Bob.
Old 05-31-2018, 10:32 PM
92GA
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
Oldtimer

Originally Posted by calguy
I consider myself very fortunate in that my original seats are in good shape.

After looking at all the pics in this thread, I have come to one conclusion, and that is, if the time comes that I need my seats re-done, they will be done in the stock material by a custom upholstery shop.
At the risk of sounding like a *****,frankly I think these aftermarket covers look like ****.
Most have great color schemes, and designs, but the installation leaves a lot to be desired.
Were I paying what some of you shelled out, you can damm well bet there would not be one wrinkle in the seats.
My Vette is the last car i will ever own, so if it should need new seat material, I would spend the big bucks to get it done right, the first time.

I guess the old saying holds true, "You get what you pay for".

Bob.
Well YOU DO sound like a =====, and from how you talk you are. You apparently have no idea what it takes to install a set of seat covers with no wrinkles in them. Doubt very much your factory seats don't have any wrinkles either. Never seen a set in a Vette with out.
The following 2 users liked this post by 92GA:
chasboy (06-02-2018), WetMountainMan (06-03-2018)
Old 05-31-2018, 10:46 PM
calguy
Drifting

Originally Posted by 92GA
Well YOU DO sound like a =====, and from how you talk you are. You apparently have no idea what it takes to install a set of seat covers with no wrinkles in them. Doubt very much your factory seats don't have any wrinkles either. Never seen a set in a Vette with out.
I will take some pics tomorrow in the daylight, and post them.

Bob.
Old 06-01-2018, 02:05 PM
calguy
Drifting

As I said, I see no need presently to do anything with the seats, because they are holding up well for fourteen years..
I would not have said in the other post, "mine does not have wrinkles", if it weren't so.

Bob.

Last edited by calguy; 06-01-2018 at 02:24 PM.
Old 06-02-2018, 07:08 AM
04zjimc
Drifting

Received 147 Likes on 98 Posts

Old 06-02-2018, 12:29 PM
95wht6spd
Le Mans Master

Received 272 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by 04zjimc
Nice, did you have to add the red, or was it that way from factory? Fixed back?
The following users liked this post:
chasboy (06-02-2018)
Old 06-02-2018, 12:54 PM
Dave concrete
Race Director

Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Done years ago by DD mods

Last edited by Dave concrete; 06-02-2018 at 12:54 PM.
tdf01cycling (11-01-2018)
Old 06-02-2018, 01:21 PM
04zjimc
Drifting

Originally Posted by 95wht6spd
Nice, did you have to add the red, or was it that way from factory? Fixed back?
Thanks! Seats recline..all the red interior pieces i removed and ordered the paint primer from ecklers..
Old 06-02-2018, 03:08 PM
Mr. Peabody
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 477 Likes on 353 Posts
C4 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by 04zjimc
I really like your interior. The additional accent silver stripe on the gear shift cover, hand brake cover and center console add a nice subtle touch to the overall look
Old 06-02-2018, 03:13 PM
4XLR8N
Le Mans Master
Pro Mechanic

Received 1,659 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Peabody
I really like your interior. The additional accent silver stripe on the gear shift cover, hand brake cover and center console add a nice subtle touch to the overall look
Old 06-02-2018, 05:24 PM
04zjimc
Drifting

thanks guys! Redlinegoods makes nice stuff!
chasboy (06-02-2018)
Old 06-02-2018, 06:44 PM
StrangelovesM6Vert
Le Mans Master

Received 144 Likes on 123 Posts

I have the Evo9 Recaros that came in a 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer

They were 1200.00 for both on ebay several years ago but I'm sure they're getting scarce.

I did the Evo9 mod to mate the C5 tracks to the seats.

Also did the C6 seatbelt mod.

They hold you so well they make the C5 feel like a different car.

Last edited by StrangelovesM6Vert; 06-02-2018 at 06:52 PM.
chasboy (06-02-2018)
Old 06-03-2018, 01:35 AM
chasboy
Le Mans Master

Oldtimer

Originally Posted by 92GA
No, his factory seats don’t have wrinkles, they’re just worn, discolored and cracked. What a great frame of reference he has to criticize the rest of us who are having fun with the design and comfort of our cars. Funny how he can tell someone to sit with the kids when he makes the only childish post on this thread.
The following 3 users liked this post by chasboy:
92GA (06-04-2018), beboggled (09-26-2018), WetMountainMan (06-03-2018)
Old 06-03-2018, 08:40 AM
mark4cam
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts

No, his factory seats don’t have wrinkles, they’re just worn, discolored and cracked. What a great frame of reference he has to criticize the rest of us who are having fun with the design and comfort of our cars. Funny how he can tell someone to sit with the kids when he makes the only childish post on this thread.
All he said (undiplomatically) was that if you're going to install new seat covers, take the time to get the wrinkles out. I agree. My factory seats don't have wrinkles (and they aren't worn either), those Recaros certainly don't, the Braums don't. It does take the proper tools, a little practice, and spending the time and effort. Bunch of videos on youtube that show how it's done.

Get notified of new replies

To Let's see your seats!

Old 06-03-2018, 10:25 AM
Rev Ron
Instructor

I started the post and didn't mean to be insulting... or insulted. I appreciate all the posts and pictures! They look beautiful and I've learned a lot... and needed to, with this being my first Vette... and it is old, like me! And yes, I do want to have fun with it, so even though I am a purist like some, the interior of the older cars need some color like the newer ones. For sure, beauty is in the eye of the beholder... and God has blessed us richly... & I mean richly... & our vets have done a great job, too!... that we can enjoy such recreation. Let's be sure to keep our cars in their proper place in life... only God is God. Rev Ron
Old 06-03-2018, 07:02 PM
chasboy
Le Mans Master

Oldtimer

Originally Posted by Rev Ron
I started the post and didn't mean to be insulting... or insulted. I appreciate all the posts and pictures! They look beautiful and I've learned a lot... and needed to, with this being my first Vette... and it is old, like me! And yes, I do want to have fun with it, so even though I am a purist like some, the interior of the older cars need some color like the newer ones. For sure, beauty is in the eye of the beholder... and God has blessed us richly... & I mean richly... & our vets have done a great job, too!... that we can enjoy such recreation. Let's be sure to keep our cars in their proper place in life... only God is God. Rev Ron
You were not insulting. I’m glad you saw some you like and got an education as well. Good luck with the project! Feel free to ask more questions.
Old 06-03-2018, 07:43 PM
calguy
Drifting

Here you are complaining that my 14 year old seats have cracks, and are worn.
That is what happens to 14 year old seats, especially convertibles.
Many of these "covers" in this thread appear to be new, so what is with all the wrinkles that make them look like ****?(and that is what they look like).
The money that they cost, should dictate they fit properly, first time.
That is the point I am making.
If one is going to spend bucks on new seat covers, at least do the installation correctly.

It is obvious to me that none of you posting in this thread have ever dealt with restoring a classic vehicle.
The buzz word in classic restoration is"detail", and I am not just referring to wax and polish.
Detail in every facet of the restoration.
I have had three classic cars over the years, restored two of them, and the last one was restored when I bought it.
I know where of I speak.

I believe when someone does something to a vehicle, be it seat covers, or body customization, it should be done in a manner which will compliments the vehicle, instead of making it look like it was something that was done hurriedly.

Bob.

Quick Reply: Let's see your seats!