Sponsored by:

Starting my search for a C5

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2018, 11:48 AM
steveb
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ramets
In your heading it says starting my search. Just be patient, don't buy the first one you see. It took me over 6mos. to find the right one for me. Another tip, if you can have cash in hand. You'd be surprised how much easier you can get to a price YOU'RE comfortable with when they see a wad of hundreds.
I should have been more specific with my heading. I have been looking since last year just to get a feel for what was out there. So, I was just starting my search up again this year as a more serious buyer. Everything else seemed to work fine and it was the exact color combination I was looking for. I was sold after the test drive. What a difference from my '85. I got them down $500 more so I pulled the trigger and bought it. Left it with them to get it detailed. I should be picking it up early next week. Very excited. Now, time to try and sell the '85. If I had more room I would probably keep it. Thanks to everyone for their input. Can't wait for warmer weather for some top down driving.
Old 02-25-2018, 12:59 PM
calguy
Drifting

Received 150 Likes on 96 Posts

Can't wait for warmer weather for some top down driving.
That is the best part of owning a convertible.
Lucky for me, I get to do that almost every day of the year.
It's been a bit chilly here in Los Angeles for a few days, but today it is in the seventies, and bright sunshine.
I will be out cruising this afternoon, and you just know the top will be down.

Bob.

Last edited by calguy; 02-25-2018 at 01:01 PM.
Old 02-25-2018, 02:21 PM
Route99
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 863 Likes on 667 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
St. Jude Donor '17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by steveb
I should have been more specific with my heading. I have been looking since last year just to get a feel for what was out there. So, I was just starting my search up again this year as a more serious buyer. Everything else seemed to work fine and it was the exact color combination I was looking for. I was sold after the test drive. What a difference from my '85. I got them down $500 more so I pulled the trigger and bought it. Left it with them to get it detailed. I should be picking it up early next week. Very excited. Now, time to try and sell the '85. If I had more room I would probably keep it. Thanks to everyone for their input. Can't wait for warmer weather for some top down driving.
Congratulations on your C5!
Pictures??
Be sure and list your '85 in the C4 Cars For Sale section. Hopefully it will find a good home with another CF member. GLWS
Old 02-25-2018, 02:27 PM
steveb
Instructor

Originally Posted by calguy
That is the best part of owning a convertible.
Lucky for me, I get to do that almost every day of the year.
It's been a bit chilly here in Los Angeles for a few days, but today it is in the seventies, and bright sunshine.
I will be out cruising this afternoon, and you just know the top will be down.

Bob.
Nice looking convertible you have there. I am going to have to move to a warmer climate when I retire in 10 years.
The following users liked this post:
calguy (02-25-2018)
Old 02-25-2018, 02:29 PM
steveb
Instructor

Originally Posted by Route99
Congratulations on your C5!
Pictures??
Be sure and list your '85 in the C4 Cars For Sale section. Hopefully it will find a good home with another CF member. GLWS
I will try to get some pictures of the new C5 posted next week. Definitely going to get '85 posted in C4 cars for sale section.

Last edited by steveb; 02-25-2018 at 02:30 PM.
Old 02-25-2018, 02:30 PM
gpruitt54
Burning Brakes

Received 182 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by steveb
BIG CONGRATS on your new toy. It is a great feel to find THE car, especially when it becomes YOUR car. I love being part of this great amazing community.

Last edited by gpruitt54; 03-03-2018 at 09:19 PM.
Old 03-03-2018, 05:40 PM
steveb
Instructor

Default A few pictures

Here are a few pictures I took after driving it around a little bit today. Hopefully, I can get some better pictures later. I actually got the '85 sold a couple of days after buying the '02. I really like this car. It's going to be a fun summer!

Old 03-04-2018, 09:40 AM
Oldandslow
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Nice....congrats!
Old 03-04-2018, 06:29 PM
IMXCITD
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 307 Likes on 290 Posts

Congrats! Look sharp and clean!!

Quick Reply: Starting my search for a C5