Sponsored by:

fuel door issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2017, 11:48 AM
dmarkshark
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default fuel door issue

So, stopped for gas, and the door/switch does not work? Fortunately, I know where the cable is to open it (thanks to the forum). Now, what do I look at in trying to fix it. I checked the fuse, and it was fine. Did a search, but did not see anything. Any direction or help would be appreciated.
Old 10-07-2017, 12:10 PM
CJ1957
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Have you or anyone else removed the center glove box recently? If so, maybe the electrical connector wasn’t plugged back in or has come loose some how. The way to check would have you remove the active handling plate, just pry it up from the rear with the lid open and then remove the four 10mm nuts securing the center glove box, 2 are where the AH plate was and the other 2 are under plastic caps in the rear of the glove box. Lift it up and check the connections.
Old 10-07-2017, 12:30 PM
El original
Melting Slicks

Received 201 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by CJ1957
Have you or anyone else removed the center glove box recently? If so, maybe the electrical connector wasn’t plugged back in or has come loose some how. The way to check would have you remove the active handling plate, just pry it up from the rear with the lid open and then remove the four 10mm nuts securing the center glove box, 2 are where the AH plate was and the other 2 are under plastic caps in the rear of the glove box. Lift it up and check the connections.
The wire to release button is really short and can be pulled apart easily when re installing console.
Old 10-07-2017, 01:45 PM
knewblewkorvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,709 Likes on 1,670 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16'-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-
'23-'24

Originally Posted by El original
The wire to release button is really short and can be pulled apart easily when re installing console.

Yeah, those wires (two) are real short to plug back in. I actually extended them in my 98. I was constantly taking the console apart to mess with or change out shifters in that car. Not thinking, I once took the Corvette to get gas without the center console in the car. I was like crap, what do I do now. I found out you can short those two wire together to open the door. If I had a brain, I would have extended my 02's also since I've had that one apart MANY times

The fuel door connector is the one at the bottom of this picture. It is a five slot connector but only two pins are used.
Old 10-07-2017, 04:19 PM
dmarkshark
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

thanks guys, While I have not had the console open for a while, I'll start there and see if it fell off, then grounds, then the more involved electrical stuff.

Get notified of new replies

To fuel door issue

Quick Reply: fuel door issue