Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corsa Extreme- I'm in love!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2017, 03:03 PM
zeevette
Race Director

Received 288 Likes on 235 Posts

I would have 'chopped out that spoiler. Anyway, the Tigershark tips are just about the coolest setup available, IMO.
Old 06-13-2017, 01:06 PM
n8dogg
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 327 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by pjdbm
You guys got me interested in the Corsa extremes, was initially interested in the Borla ATAK.

I will never be adding headers so this sounds like the aggressiveness that I am seeking.
If you want extremely loud at WOT but tamable at light throttle and quiet at cruise, then this is the set-up for you.
Old 06-13-2017, 01:22 PM
pjdbm
Drifting

Received 291 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by n8dogg
If you want extremely loud at WOT but tamable at light throttle and quiet at cruise, then this is the set-up for you.
thanks, I am looking for something that has a nice rumble at idle, moderate without drone at cruise and moderate to heavy at WOT.

Any exhaust fit this?
Old 06-14-2017, 08:53 AM
grampi50
Le Mans Master

Received 548 Likes on 408 Posts

Do they flow better than the stock mufflers, and if so, would they be good for adding power when coupled with other mods?
Old 06-14-2017, 09:28 AM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

they are probably the best flowing exhaust on the market other than maybe straight pipes just judging by the design, the exhaust doesn't flow straight through the mufflers so there is no restriction whatsoever... now if that adds any more power I don't really know and I would imagine it probably depends on each individual setup... when I was looking for an exhaust I narrowed it down to the xtremes and ghl bullets, I love the tips on the ghl's but the design of the xtreme is ultimately why I bought it
Old 06-14-2017, 10:28 AM
n8dogg
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by pjdbm
thanks, I am looking for something that has a nice rumble at idle, moderate without drone at cruise and moderate to heavy at WOT.

Any exhaust fit this?
I'll try to post up a video soon. The Extremes are louder than factory at idle and cruise, but Corsa does an amazing job keeping the noise behind the car, so inside the car it doesn't sound as loud as it actually is. Step on the gas and it's a different story.

Originally Posted by grampi50
Do they flow better than the stock mufflers, and if so, would they be good for adding power when coupled with other mods?
They are basically straight pipes with a small muffler on the side to quiet the exhaust at low flow. I'd have to guess it is a true 0 restriction muffler. They will definitely increase power over factory base coupe and convertible Corvette mufflers. The stock TI Z06 muffler will probably offer the same power with minor bolt ons, but if you're running heads/cam I bet these will offer more power than the OE TI mufflers.
Old 07-11-2017, 03:56 PM
n8dogg
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

OK, I had my car on a mustang dyno over the weekend. I made some big gains after installing the Corsa Extremes. I had also re-tuned my car just prior to installing the mufflers, as the car was originally tuned down in GA at Vengence, I re-mapped the VE table here in upstate NY. Not sure if the re-tune had any thing to do with the power increase I'm seeing.

Dyno Jet (stock TI mufflers) 487 whp / 418 wtq
Mustang Dyno (Corsa Extremes) 456 whp / 416 wtq

Conversion for mustang to dyno jet is (X)/.88
New Dyno Jet #'s are 518 whp / 472 wtq

Increase of 31 whp and 53 wtq

I believe the stock TI mufflers were restricting the engine output, the re-tune, different ambient conditions and different dyno's all play a role as well. The only true way to know how much power was gained by the exhaust change would have been to use the same dyno in the same ambient conditions.

Video of dyno/exhaust sound:
View this post on Instagram

Dyno charts:
Name:  Dyno Jet.jpg
Views: 990
Size:  85.0 KB

Name:  Berg Dyno.jpg
Views: 1000
Size:  62.1 KB
Old 07-12-2017, 07:30 PM
Forcedvert
Melting Slicks

Received 371 Likes on 318 Posts

I asked this question in the FI section when I wanted to quiet down my new motor and the answer was very little compared to the TIs anyway.

Nothing like the 30/50 noted above, I think most people were saying around 5hp.

In all fairness to the above poster, it was also noted that it was different tune, dino and conditions that all played a roll in the increase.
Old 07-14-2017, 11:54 AM
n8dogg
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Forcedvert
I asked this question in the FI section when I wanted to quiet down my new motor and the answer was very little compared to the TIs anyway.

Nothing like the 30/50 noted above, I think most people were saying around 5hp.

In all fairness to the above poster, it was also noted that it was different tune, dino and conditions that all played a roll in the increase.
There's no denying how well the factory TI mufflers flow. But, when looking inside one can't help but think that there is definitely a restriction. The exhaust hits a wall before it can be forced out. I think this restriction is amplified once you start putting down some serious power. 5 to 10 hp is a realistic difference between a 0 restriction exhaust and the factory TI mufflers on a stock or minor bolt-on Corvette. 15 to 20 hp doesn't sound unrealistic on a 500-600 hp C5.

Name:  OEM C5 Z06 Muffler.jpg
Views: 923
Size:  98.7 KB

Name:  Corsa Extreme.jpg
Views: 966
Size:  87.5 KB

In my case, the previous dyno was performed in GA in the middle of summer (likely hot and humid), my most recent dyno was performed on a cool 65 degree day, with a different tune. I think it is fair to say the Corsa Extreme mufflers may have contributed to 50% of the power increase, the tune and ambient conditions contributed to the other 50%.

All in all I am extremely happy with the Corsa Extremes. My main goal was to make noise, not only do I make all the noise, but I made some strong gains.

I'm looking forward to getting the car on a dyno jet to make another comparison.
Old 07-14-2017, 10:40 PM
Forcedvert
Melting Slicks

Received 371 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by n8dogg
There's no denying how well the factory TI mufflers flow. But, when looking inside one can't help but think that there is definitely a restriction. The exhaust hits a wall before it can be forced out. I think this restriction is amplified once you start putting down some serious power. 5 to 10 hp is a realistic difference between a 0 restriction exhaust and the factory TI mufflers on a stock or minor bolt-on Corvette. 15 to 20 hp doesn't sound unrealistic on a 500-600 hp C5.

Attachment 48113439

Attachment 48113440

In my case, the previous dyno was performed in GA in the middle of summer (likely hot and humid), my most recent dyno was performed on a cool 65 degree day, with a different tune. I think it is fair to say the Corsa Extreme mufflers may have contributed to 50% of the power increase, the tune and ambient conditions contributed to the other 50%.

All in all I am extremely happy with the Corsa Extremes. My main goal was to make noise, not only do I make all the noise, but I made some strong gains.

I'm looking forward to getting the car on a dyno jet to make another comparison.
That hp is exactly where I'm at I had the extremes but with stroker, hearers, cam and SC it was way too loud for me. I asked the exact question about hp loss going to TIs and I think the answer was 5 to 10 at most. I will try to find the thread, there are FI guys pushing 900 hp through the factory TIs, they flow pretty well. Lots of these guys have an exact comparison because they did runs before and after but wanted to quiet motor down.

...if I remember right it had to be way over 500 (like 800hp) to see 20ish hp gains. I may be remembering wrong. I'm sure it also depends how you get to that level such as heads cam or FI. I think on a heads cam build it would make more of a difference and it was the FI section.

not my thread but a quick search found this..... most say little to no gain, the majority of gain is from headers and tune. There are lots of threads about this, I remember reading many......most said the same thing
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ifference.html

Last edited by Forcedvert; 07-14-2017 at 11:06 PM.
Old 07-15-2017, 08:53 AM
0Quik Z06
Former Vendor

Received 411 Likes on 280 Posts

Have had a bunch of different exhausts on different Vettes. When I got my C7 I figured I'd try the Corsa Xtreme...I love it. From now on, all I'll use ona Vette is the Corsa.

Quick Reply: Corsa Extreme- I'm in love!