Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

***Radioflyer's "Luminator" Low-Rise Headlight Pre-Sale GP***

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 07:42 PM
nvusgt
Drifting

Received 238 Likes on 104 Posts

It's really hard to capture accurately just how bright these are with a cell phone but when compared to stock, it's ridiculous. However even more shocking are the high beams which are...utterly outrageous.

In person with the high beams on, I can almost see the tops of the trees along this highway I commute regularly. My buddy got in front about 2 car lengths and I flashed him to see how bright they were to another driver; he was dumbfounded.

To say I'm happy with the light output is an understatement. I've made this commute for the last 3-4yrs with the horrible stockers and somehow avoided several deer, a few dogs and blowout debris. I kept waiting and waiting on headlights like these and actually had a line on a set that mtndv8 developed but that fell through. I'm incredibly happy with these and once the V2.0 shrouds are made, they'll be perfect.

Thank you George for your hard work and dedication to a car that's a decade old and never settling. It's no wonder you have a dedicated fan/customer base, and I can tell you I will be a return customer.

The following users liked this post:
smitty2919 (01-03-2020)
Old 09-21-2017, 09:17 PM
crazystevex
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Just a heads up if the shrouds are made from PLA plastics and not sealed with a paint or epoxy then heat, humidity, and water exposure will make them biodegrade. It's cheaper to use for 3D printing but its not ment for long term elements exposure. Just letting you know from my experience with 3D printing.
Old 09-21-2017, 09:34 PM
TheRadioFlyer
Supporting Vendor

Received 630 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by crazystevex
Just a heads up if the shrouds are made from PLA plastics and not sealed with a paint or epoxy then heat, humidity, and water exposure will make them biodegrade. It's cheaper to use for 3D printing but its not ment for long term elements exposure. Just letting you know from my experience with 3D printing.
Add this to the list of reasons NOT to use PLA. I have Already crossed it off the list for this and any future projects.
Old 10-25-2017, 12:14 AM
TheRadioFlyer
Supporting Vendor

Update: Finally got samples of the two new shroud types:

two different production method
1) resin-cast from 3D printed mold.
Pros: SUPER smooth finish. Semi-rigid makes it very forgiving with impacts.
Cons: surface finish may require adhesion promoter for painting.

2) 3D printed ABS FDM method.
Pros: Same material as OEM. Reasonably nice finish.
Cons: Inner side of the shroud requires some sanding.

Resin cast Shroud on bottom (installed) ABS on top:

Price of both shrouds are about the same. Both versions would easily work much better and I'm considering offering both versions. The Resin-cast versions would be better suited for paint due to the minimal prep work required.

I'm open to feedback
Old 10-26-2017, 09:49 PM
C5Vette612
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey George those new shrouds are looking much better, more like what I was expecting from the first batch but I understand first designs of products arnt perfect so I wasn't that worried about the rough finish besides who really can see the finish at night with lights on. I got the email about them but wasn't really sure what was going on with the whole buying credits thing. how much are these new shrouds running id like to get a pair but after the all money I just put in my car with all the other upgrades (heads, cam, headers the list is pretty long) I might not be ready to buy them for a few months or so. Plus its about to be winter so there cars gonna be sitting in the garage. how long are these shrouds gonna be available? are you gonna be stocking these or are they gonna be sold by group sales and produced in batches? thanks Btw I love my new headlights they are pretty fricken awesome
Old 10-26-2017, 09:59 PM
C5Vette612
Intermediate

one more thing. the passenger side only turns on about half the time. I have to sometimes turn them on three or four times before the light finally kicks on. any ideas? bad ballast? the connections all seem ok. any tricks u know of? ive tried things like putting the brights on and off and messed around a bit but no real results. sometimes it pops on first time sometimes it doesn't. its got a mind of its own lol. Thanks
Old 10-26-2017, 10:36 PM
TheRadioFlyer
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by C5Vette612
one more thing. the passenger side only turns on about half the time. I have to sometimes turn them on three or four times before the light finally kicks on. any ideas? bad ballast? the connections all seem ok. any tricks u know of? ive tried things like putting the brights on and off and messed around a bit but no real results. sometimes it pops on first time sometimes it doesn't. its got a mind of its own lol. Thanks
No worries if you have to wait. I'll be making these for a while.

what is your car's voltage when your headlights are turned on?
Old 10-27-2017, 03:46 PM
C5Vette612
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TheRadioFlyer
No worries if you have to wait. I'll be making these for a while.

what is your car's voltage when your headlights are turned on?
haven't checked yet. now that you mention it, its probably pretty low. battery was pretty weak from sitting while a did a bunch of work to it so its been just sitting with one of those battery tenders on it just so it doesn't go totally dead. I bet that has a lot to do with it. Thanks for your help
Old 11-24-2017, 12:50 PM
TheRadioFlyer
Supporting Vendor

Update: After customer feedback on the lifting arms, We have finally received the replacement design. The new design Is made from 12ga steel to prevent the "Stripping" of a rectangular cutout were the arm attaches to the motor bolt. While more expensive, the strength of the steel over aluminum allows the use of a simple bend instead of a welded tubular spacer to allow for the offset needed to run our high-output LED bulbs. It will also make installation of the nut much easier and a deep socket will no longer be needed.

These spacers will be available to customers in the first GP who have encountered issues using the aluminum versions. All future versions will use the steel lifting arm assemblies. (The headlight frame to which the projectors are mounted will remain aluminum)

Last edited by TheRadioFlyer; 11-24-2017 at 12:51 PM.
Old 01-02-2018, 01:08 AM
mykream
Burning Brakes

Received 158 Likes on 128 Posts

George, where are these at production wise? The site says back ordered still. Are you doing these made to order? Or are all parts in stock ready to ship, besides possibly the shrouds?
Old 01-20-2018, 05:54 PM
ChrisLSx
Burning Brakes

Received 112 Likes on 83 Posts

They still show back ordered. When will they be available for purchase?
Old 01-21-2018, 09:26 PM
TheRadioFlyer
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by 2001CamaroGuy
They still show back ordered. When will they be available for purchase?
Verifying the kinks with shroud production have been worked out and all previous customers have received the parts they need. once that is finished These lights will be available again. Best guess is next week.
Old 01-21-2018, 11:22 PM
ChrisLSx
Burning Brakes

Received 112 Likes on 83 Posts

Verifying the kinks with shroud production have been worked out and all previous customers have received the parts they need. once that is finished These lights will be available again. Best guess is next week.
Good to hear. I look forward to being able to purchase a set.
Old 01-21-2018, 11:25 PM
FX VETTE
Team Owner

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,182 Posts
Winner 2020 C7 of the Year - Modified

Originally Posted by 2001CamaroGuy
Good to hear. I look forward to being able to purchase a set.
Ditto
Old 02-16-2018, 11:30 PM
Koufax
Drifting

Received 194 Likes on 142 Posts

Still waiting for my replacement shroud. Paid for it long ago.
Old 02-17-2018, 07:52 AM
TheRadioFlyer
Supporting Vendor

Apologies to those still waiting on shrouds. I understand this has been a long delay and thank you for your patience. I just got back in town yesterday, The parts are in stock and I am working to smooth them out to deliver the type of strong and good-looking products you come to expect from us. I am trying an epoxy-based coating that should smooth-out the print lines nicely. I anticipate these orders will ship late next week.
Old 04-06-2018, 08:41 PM
Rod Van Der Jagt
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default available?

Apologies to those still waiting on shrouds. I understand this has been a long delay and thank you for your patience. I just got back in town yesterday, The parts are in stock and I am working to smooth them out to deliver the type of strong and good-looking products you come to expect from us. I am trying an epoxy-based coating that should smooth-out the print lines nicely. I anticipate these orders will ship late next week.
tryin to get in touch with you, are the kits available?

R.

Get notified of new replies

To ***Radioflyer's "Luminator" Low-Rise Headlight Pre-Sale GP***

Old 04-08-2018, 09:13 PM
TheRadioFlyer
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Rod Van Der Jagt
tryin to get in touch with you, are the kits available?

R.
Yes, they are. FOr more info please email: president@radioflyerinnovations.com
Old 05-13-2018, 11:35 PM
MRc5z
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Are these kits good to go now with the new shrouds and lifting arms? In stock?
Old 05-13-2018, 11:42 PM
TheRadioFlyer
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by MRc5z
Are these kits good to go now with the new shrouds and lifting arms? In stock?
These kits will be made in "batches" like the SLCs. I will begin a GP on these next week (stay tuned)

Quick Reply: ***Radioflyer's "Luminator" Low-Rise Headlight Pre-Sale GP***