Borla vs Corsa

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 05:09 PM
zeevette
Race Director

Received 288 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by racer847
same here, had both, the borla went and corsa stayed. Pricey, but far better

That's what I meant to say in my earlier post. I forgot that I don't have my Corsa Pace Car, with Daytona tips listed in my sig. The S-type was my first aftermarket CB, with stock midpipes. Got it used here for $250, but sold it a couple of years later after adding headers/ORX. The resonance from those things @1600-1750 was intolerable. I also think some people call the phenomenon as while "lugging" instead of being UNDER LOAD. Whatever, if you're not coasting, Borlas will resonate. ZO6 has less noise insulation, but all models have the nice plastic drum we call a trunk.
Old 05-04-2017, 05:16 PM
GRAND SPORT GUY
Racer

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 237 Likes on 125 Posts

nutseynut7, you couldn't have said it better or more succinctly...
Old 05-04-2017, 05:19 PM
zeevette
Race Director

Received 288 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by nutseynut7
If others would have commented and called others the names the great one has the mods would be all over them. It's sad the way this forum caters to a certain party
I disagree. I've taken some crap from ET, but I trust his knowledge.
Old 05-04-2017, 05:29 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

Received 3,812 Likes on 1,925 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Originally Posted by nutseynut7
If others would have commented and called others the names the great one has the mods would be all over them. It's sad the way this forum caters to a certain party
Let me help you with this since you cant seem to do anything about anything.. get together with Pounder(Today, Acid666 (Today), Shark 82' CE (Today) and PM the forum administrator... tell him of all of your issues... each one individually... this forum is about the majority.. they don't really play favorites, I've been bounced off this form a dozen time... over that last 16 years... I won't let any one disrespect me. That hasn't changed in 16 years.
So here is the deal, get together all of you( put your heads together and come up with a sound plan... then all of you write or PM individually the forum administrator, his name is Jim Willis. aka Savewave I'm betting that you could get me banned for life...make sure you make it sound like its not a vendetta.. don't make it appear that you are just haters. or stalkers, or jealous adolescents..
if you guys are smart enough , and word your Pm correctly you could be lucky enough to get me banned for life... its worth a try. IM very confident that you could do it.
Bill
If you are successful you would then have some serious bragging rights.

Last edited by Evil-Twin; 05-04-2017 at 05:35 PM.
Old 05-04-2017, 05:50 PM
David Borla
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 52 Likes on 19 Posts

Not sure if this has already been addressed in this thread, my apologies if it has, but please take note that about 5 years ago we completely redesigned our offerings for the C6 (and C5 as well) and eliminated drone entirely.

So, when comparing our systems for the C6 it's important and relevant to understand which iteration of our exhaust systems you're comparing.

There are quite a few cars still out there with our old products on them. We have since discontinued those exhaust systems and now have 3 different sound levels. NONE of the new systems drone. Zero drone.

If you have any questions, or dislike our products for any reason, please contact me at davidb@borla.com and I will resolve the issue to your satisfaction.

Cheers!
The following 3 users liked this post by David Borla:
Acid666 (05-04-2017), AZVetteZ06 (05-24-2018), Pounder (05-04-2017)
Old 05-04-2017, 06:04 PM
449er
Race Director

Received 4,731 Likes on 3,009 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Corsa sports on my C6 no drone at any speed
Old 05-04-2017, 06:08 PM
Nyt_Muves
Drifting

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

I love my Borlas. Quality product. Sound I love. All subjective. Best bet is to go hear some.
Old 05-04-2017, 06:09 PM
nutseynut7
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Evil-Twin
Let me help you with this since you cant seem to do anything about anything.. get together with Pounder(Today, Acid666 (Today), Shark 82' CE (Today) and PM the forum administrator... tell him of all of your issues... each one individually... this forum is about the majority.. they don't really play favorites, I've been bounced off this form a dozen time... over that last 16 years... I won't let any one disrespect me. That hasn't changed in 16 years.
So here is the deal, get together all of you( put your heads together and come up with a sound plan... then all of you write or PM individually the forum administrator, his name is Jim Willis. aka Savewave I'm betting that you could get me banned for life...make sure you make it sound like its not a vendetta.. don't make it appear that you are just haters. or stalkers, or jealous adolescents..
if you guys are smart enough , and word your Pm correctly you could be lucky enough to get me banned for life... its worth a try. IM very confident that you could do it.
Bill
Thought you were done with this thread *******
Old 05-04-2017, 06:34 PM
Acid666
Racer

Received 82 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by David Borla
Not sure if this has already been addressed in this thread, my apologies if it has, but please take note that about 5 years ago we completely redesigned our offerings for the C6 (and C5 as well) and eliminated drone entirely.

So, when comparing our systems for the C6 it's important and relevant to understand which iteration of our exhaust systems you're comparing.

There are quite a few cars still out there with our old products on them. We have since discontinued those exhaust systems and now have 3 different sound levels. NONE of the new systems drone. Zero drone.

If you have any questions, or dislike our products for any reason, please contact me at davidb@borla.com and I will resolve the issue to your satisfaction.

Cheers!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH AHAHAHHAHHA
Thread could not have ended on a better note. Employee of the f'n company comes in and completely discredits Mr. Wonderful's back patting by saying all of the products that had drone have been removed from their product line 5 years ago. And it also validates why my Borla Stingers have ZERO DRONE since the previous owner put them on 2 years ago so he OBVIOUSLY got one of these newer exhausts.

So take a lesson from this kiddos. Not everyone who has 4 decades of knowledge is right all of the time.

Last edited by Acid666; 05-04-2017 at 06:40 PM.
Old 05-04-2017, 09:24 PM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,082 Likes on 1,635 Posts

There are so many opinions on this forum and that's how a forum is meant to be, gather knowledge and pick your poison !!! So many have a opinion or experience and mostly it's not right or wrong !! I have had a ton of experience with drones, worked on the GM diesel cars and trucks from their inception to the end. One of the biggest complaints was a drone, I fixed all that I worked on !! Some can't take a opinion or plain your wrong ??? Some say they can handle a wrench better than I ever could ??? 25 years alone, working at a Cadillac Dealership, thousands of drive train overhauls from engines, trans and differentials. A bad year I would have five comebacks, minor ones at that !!! Had Dealers from all over Michigan and bordering States would call me with their problems !!! Also had many Dealers try to hire me away from the Cadillac Dealer I worked at, I am too loyal !!! that is why I stand up for what I believe in !! (Chadwick's, MGW, Michelin tires, and GM) to name a few !!!

Last edited by Pounder; 05-04-2017 at 09:25 PM.
Old 05-04-2017, 09:34 PM
v8srfun
Drifting

Received 155 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Evil-Twin
Bill
Some of the people here would like for you to leave and not come back especially with the words that have been exchanged in the past. But I would bet that you would be welcomed by everyone if you did not have to be a crotchety angry old man. I understand we all have our own ways of expressing our thoughts but arrogance is not the way. I don't like you but I respect your experience and feel that your experience would have so much more value if you were friendly about sharing it and not getting in a pissing contest in every thread you comment on.
Old 05-04-2017, 09:53 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,384 Likes on 14,024 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

This has turned into a pizzing contest. Closing this down with possible sanctions to follow.

Quick Reply: Borla vs Corsa