Sponsored by:

Corvette Warehouse Dallas Tx

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 09:47 AM
old jack
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Corvette Warehouse Dallas Tx

Is there anyone that has any dealings with Corvette Warehouse? Going to be in Tx in May and thought I'd see what I could pick up. Would be a nice ride back to Mass. (without wife) I'll never take a road trip with her again, worst back set driver ever.
Old 03-05-2017, 10:17 AM
Velocity_Vette
Drifting

Received 352 Likes on 294 Posts

You may have some better luck with them in person than I did over the phone.

Some years back when I was searching for a C5 I called them as they got in a car I was (relatively) interested in; a Nassau Blue C5 with acceptable mileage in the 60,000 range. I called them and spoke with Paul(??) I believe and was kind of given a run around.

I already had the cash in hand to buy the car (didn't tell them that) but in trying to talk about things like getting some photos of the underside (notice in their pictures they post PLENTY of exterior and interior shots but no pictures of mechanicals other than engine bay) and such it was made into a big deal of sorts. I then was pushed to their financing which I'm sure even with good credit would have incurred a high APR. They didn't seem to want to budge whatsoever in the price, which was a little high but not unreasonable compared to other cars I had seen. My general understanding is they don't budge on the price for anyone, even people in person.

I did also contact Corvette World (formerly Corvettes of Dallas) and they were a bit more helpful. Corvette World has three dealerships in Texas, but they don't tend to stock as many C5s as they once did since the C7 came out. They tend to focus on C6s and C7s. Their prices are on the higher side of retail.

I ended up finding my car local and giving them the cash.
Old 03-05-2017, 10:19 AM
rrwirsi
Melting Slicks

Received 1,217 Likes on 777 Posts

Originally Posted by old jack
Is there anyone that has any dealings with Corvette Warehouse? Going to be in Tx in May and thought I'd see what I could pick up. Would be a nice ride back to Mass. (without wife) I'll never take a road trip with her again, worst back set driver ever.
I feel your pain. Wife took one ride, hit her head twice getting in complained the whole time and hit her head getting out. She has not been in the Vette again.
Old 03-05-2017, 10:28 AM
SG Lou
Safety Car

Received 487 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by rrwirsi
I feel your pain. Wife took one ride, hit her head twice getting in complained the whole time and hit her head getting out. She has not been in the Vette again.
Originally Posted by old jack
I feel your pain..BOTH OF YOU !
I got my car in Dec.2010. I think my wife has been in it MAYBE 5 times total. And yes, just like most wives, mine is your typical back seat driver.

Slow Down, Why you going so fast, look out for the guy in front of you etc, etc...............
Old 03-05-2017, 10:35 AM
Jeff T.
Race Director

Received 1,102 Likes on 804 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

You guys make me feel blessed. My bride is like the proverbial "kids in the candy store" when we go out together.

She definitely understands what the pedal on the right is for!
Old 03-05-2017, 10:44 AM
Skyhawk23
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff T.
You guys make me feel blessed. My bride is like the proverbial "kids in the candy store" when we go out together.

Count your blessing.

Mine start complaining the moment she get in the car, about the seat, the music, why is your car so loud, and the final like everyone of the SO why are you driving so fast.
The following users liked this post:
SG Lou (03-05-2017)
Old 03-05-2017, 10:47 AM
SG Lou
Safety Car

Received 487 Likes on 371 Posts

Yes you are a LUCKY MAN...Not many of them out there like that !

SORRY OLD JACK, Didn't mean to hijack your thread

Last edited by SG Lou; 03-05-2017 at 10:49 AM.
Old 03-05-2017, 10:55 AM
bonzo
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

My wife is like JeffT's wife. She loves riding in my 2004 vert and drives the 63 almost every weekend Like you said. A kid in a candy store.
Old 03-05-2017, 10:59 AM
caddman11
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

I feel for you guys but I totally understand. When I had a bike, it was always hair, cloths, wind, cold, hot, what ever. I sold it and bought a Vette and she really likes to go in it. Not much for getting in and out, but really likes when my right foot gets heavy; always a big smile. You've been offically hijacked!

Last edited by caddman11; 03-05-2017 at 11:00 AM.
Old 03-05-2017, 11:01 AM
glbeauchamp
Race Director

Received 255 Likes on 212 Posts

Had a 93 40th that I couldn't take the top off because it "messes up my hair". Other than that she liked going and liked the car. Now have a 2002 Z and she likes that one better as there is more room on the passenger side (and the top won't come off). She usually doesn't say anything about speeding but of course I don't do that. BUT...when it comes to directions, it doesn't matter if I've been somewhere a dozen times, she is surrepticiously (sp?) ( sneakily) peeking at her phone map just hoping she can prove I took a wrong turn or whatever. And that's anywhere we go out of town with anything I'm driving!
Old 03-05-2017, 11:28 AM
doublenut9
Racer

Received 113 Likes on 92 Posts

I have tried to deal with them in the past. My best advice is go in person, check the car out and remember they are a used car dealer. I did not buy from them.
Old 03-05-2017, 01:03 PM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,082 Likes on 1,635 Posts

Don't think I will have any issues with my new Lady !! She has a C 5 and a C 6 ZO 6 !!!!

Old 03-05-2017, 01:40 PM
Not4spd
Melting Slicks

Received 631 Likes on 394 Posts

Bought my 03Z from them a couple of years ago and didn't have any issues. Walked in approached by the salesperson. Told him I was just looking around and he said well let me know if you need anything. He directed me to the back where the Corvettes are housed at and I looked around for a good 30 minutes. Salesperson came back and asked if I had found one. Said I had a few picked out, but wasn't sure which one. He said let me go grab the keys to the ones you are interested in. JD Brought back the keys to the 7 I had picked out and left them on the roof for me. After another 45 minutes I went inside and told him which I was interested in. He then got the employees to play musical cars and pull out the one I singled out.

From there he asked which test drive route I wanted to take. The NASCAR route or the autocross route. Needless to say I had some fun on the test drive, headed back, and finished up the paper work.

Corvette World isn't too far from Corvette Warehouse so you might want to swing by there as well. I have found that Corvette World is a bit more pricey, but mileage tends to be lower. Corvette World also offers free shipping if you find the one you want at a different Corvette World dealership. This makes it nice(for me) since I live in the DFW area and they have 2 other locations.

Last edited by Not4spd; 03-05-2017 at 01:44 PM.
Old 03-06-2017, 02:10 AM
laurent_zo6
Melting Slicks

Received 312 Likes on 227 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

Originally Posted by glbeauchamp
Had a 93 40th that I couldn't take the top off because it "messes up my hair". Other than that she liked going and liked the car. Now have a 2002 Z and she likes that one better as there is more room on the passenger side (and the top won't come off). She usually doesn't say anything about speeding but of course I don't do that. BUT...when it comes to directions, it doesn't matter if I've been somewhere a dozen times, she is surrepticiously (sp?) ( sneakily) peeking at her phone map just hoping she can prove I took a wrong turn or whatever. And that's anywhere we go out of town with anything I'm driving!
WARNING: Thread hijack

I never worry about the top coming off.

Old 03-06-2017, 07:19 AM
Xavierbank
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 76 Posts

My lady is the same way she wants to drive every time we go riding..
Old 03-06-2017, 07:50 AM
runner140*
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 282 Likes on 256 Posts

Had several Vettes and many years of driving them....my wife has been with me twice and hated it both times.
Old 03-06-2017, 08:25 AM
02BlownZ06
Drifting

Received 406 Likes on 311 Posts

I guess I am the lucky one then. Mine ASKS to go out in the vette crusing. Well, wait a minute, I know why, cause she's not my wife. Yet!!

Biggest corvette and nookie retardant: Wedding cake

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Warehouse Dallas Tx

Old 03-06-2017, 09:08 AM
TXGS507
Race Director

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,135 Posts

My fiance' refers to mine as my "whorevette".... She's not a fan of me modding them.. Recently sold my highly modified C5Z... Picked up a bone stock 08Z, shes ok with it... However, I am not... Modding will soon begin. I bought my first Corvette (C4) from Corvette Warehouse... NOT a good experience... I would stay far away from there, but that is my opinion. Corvette World is a much nicer place to do business.
Old 03-06-2017, 12:44 PM
hurk130
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 0H1Z06
My fiance' refers to mine as my "whorevette".... She's not a fan of me modding them.. Recently sold my highly modified C5Z... Picked up a bone stock 08Z, shes ok with it... However, I am not... Modding will soon begin. I bought my first Corvette (C4) from Corvette Warehouse... NOT a good experience... I would stay far away from there, but that is my opinion. Corvette World is a much nicer place to do business.

I have been to Corvette World many times and have been treated very well there every time. I went to Corvette Warehouse and was completely ignored. Not even a hello or a question about my Vette. I walked in, spent about 45 minutes looking around with almost no human interaction. I won't go back. That was my experience. Someone might have had a completely different experience.
Old 03-06-2017, 05:23 PM
C5Txfan
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I'd also stay away from Corvette Warehouse. Went in there about 6 months or so ago to look at a yellow C5 vert. It was crammed in between several others in back. Looked it over best I could - it was backed in about 5 inches from a wall so I couldn't see the back. Asked for keys to start it and the (not exactly friendly) sales guy left and finally came back with them. It had dead battery so it wouldn't start and he got some guy to get a charger. I could barely get in it to look inside and start it. Sales guy left and said look it over. Never saw him again so I walked out the front door and there he was talking to another guy smoking. I handed him the keys and said thanks and left and didn't look back. Car was kinda rough anyway - lot of paint issues.

Quick Reply: Corvette Warehouse Dallas Tx