Sponsored by:

When I see a C7

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2016, 02:55 PM
Phanni
Le Mans Master

Received 1,731 Likes on 847 Posts

Originally Posted by rocsvette
i find the topic a bit humorous probably because i have a longer point of view. In 1962 when the stingray came out there was mass moaning that the side scoop was gone. When the c4s (btw that was the first generation to be designated cx) it was hated because it didn't look like the stingrays/stingrays/sharks. When the c6 came out with fixed headlights everyone complained they weren't flip ups. With the c7 it was the shape of the tail lights were too much like the camaro (although the mid years had tail lights taken from the full size 58 chevys). Each time you would have thought the end of the world was nigh...and each time the car became wildly successful. When people coming to the museum would ask me what was the best corvette i would always answer, the one that gets made tomorrow.

bingo!
Old 12-31-2016, 04:12 PM
Forcedvert
Melting Slicks

Received 371 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by Shakeydeal
Yep, that does look better.
Not to me, but that's JMHO
Old 12-31-2016, 05:17 PM
mike48750
Pro

Received 59 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by rocsvette
I find the topic a bit humorous probably because I have a longer point of view. In 1962 when the Stingray came out there was mass moaning that the side scoop was gone. When the C4s (BTW that was the first generation to be designated Cx) it was hated because it didn't look like the Stingrays/StingRays/Sharks. When the C6 came out with fixed headlights everyone complained they weren't flip ups. With the C7 it was the shape of the tail lights were too much like the Camaro (although the Mid Years had tail lights taken from the full size 58 Chevys). Each time you would have thought the end of the world was nigh...and each time the car became wildly successful. When people coming to the Museum would ask me what was the best Corvette I would always answer, the one that gets made tomorrow.
Pretty much true. But I disagree with your last sentence. The BEST Corvette is the one parked in my garage. Mike

Quick Reply: When I see a C7