Sponsored by:

Would I have won?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 12:11 PM
fueledpassion
Burning Brakes

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Evil-Twin
3 or 4 car lengths ? 140 mph requires 14 car lengths, 280 feet. 3 or 4 car lengths is 60 to 80 feet when a Corvette needs 130 ft at 60 mph. Just another stupid statement of mental immaturity..doesn't take much to coerce me into being stupid..
You are right. Did you read the comment I said just below all that? Go back and read it.

Didn't expect me to agree with you on the insult, did you? That's ok. I said I slowed down because I began to reason with myself about the situation and I stopped.

Would it have been better for me to deny my stupidity and keep driving that fast? What more do you want me to do? Sell my car? Go to hell?

When will you be satisfied?
Old 08-11-2016, 12:11 PM
93 lt1 vette
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by fueledpassion
Interstate my friend. But in Texas, when you hit a town, Interstates have several on/off ramps that hit the service road. So if you pass a cop, or others seeking a challenge, they can easily hop on the interstate and from the city streets, it's fairly easy to see what is happening on the interstate.

So no, I wouldn't go that fast thru a town or a hwy with lights or curves or traffic. Before jumping to conclusions, read the details or ask for more first.

And in Texas, it's not like everyone else around me is going slow either. 80mph is normal speed on highways AND FM roads. Wild west. People don't even notice you are speeding until you hit 100mph sometimes and in this case, there were very few cars on the road at that time. It was late.

So if you think I should get my license revoked for having a 15 second spirited run on the Interstate, then I guess a solid 40-50% of the forum population would have to join me. Maybe more.
True statement I had the cruise locked in at 95 mph on the I-130 toll around Austin this week, a DPS trooper passed me doing 110 + and gave me the 👍 as he rolled by.
Old 08-11-2016, 12:14 PM
fueledpassion
Burning Brakes

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Black 02
Gotta love people claiming disrespect while throwing out insults of their own
It's interesting you say that though because as far as I can tell, the disrespect is coming from all sides.
Old 08-11-2016, 01:12 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

Received 3,813 Likes on 1,925 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04

There is a big difference in unearned disrespect, and when the disrespect and insult are warranted.

Some statements are just so over top " 140 in traffic so I had t back off ". 3 or 4 length behind a car doing 140 ". I have too much horse power 600+ I can not control myself"
Do you actually think that this guy deserves any respect ? and how high does your bullshiit meter have to go before you push back?
Old 08-11-2016, 01:23 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

Received 3,813 Likes on 1,925 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04

I would much rather come here and share and offer help and never get into a confrontation.

thousands of people pm me ( 30,000 + )because they do not want to get abused in open forum, and more than 70 % preface their PM with "I value your opinion ".

Some of the stuff I see here in open forum is just too hard to ignore. I've received a lot of disrespect over the years from people coming here peddling their BS and when I present inside design information and experience, they get pissed off and I get another target on my back.

Ive also received thousands and thousands of thank you's over the years. AS a point of reference, the Thanked icon has only been here a short time.. and in that short time, the amount of thanks ( from other forum members )are more than double the amount of post that I've placed in that time. meaning that multiple people have thanked me in a single post.

646 thanks in 335 posts.
The following users liked this post:
Shirl (08-14-2016)
Old 08-11-2016, 03:01 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Enough online conflict.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...conflicts.html

For the most part, the CF community remains a friendly place where ideas, thoughts, and assistance can be found. Unfortunately, there are times when members forget that this is an Internet forum and issues between members can get out of hand. This includes members turning to the forum to air a personal offline/on-line problem which results in sides being drawn by participating members.

In these situations, it is the forum's role to expeditiously end any conflict for the good of the forum and its membership. The forum's goal is not only to remain family, work, and corporate server safe, it also will not serve as a battleground where offline/on-line personal matters and drama are permitted to be played out in front of other members.

Any thread(s) that contain open bickering, name calling, subtle derogatory messages, "digs," personal attacks, or anything negative in nature will be closed/edited or deleted, and any participating members who post in violation of this rule, will jeopardize their posting privileges.

If any member is being harassed on-line in a thread or privately via PM, they should avoid a confrontation with the offending member and immediately report the problem to a section Moderator via PM, or by clicking on the "report post," icon under their user name.

The Moderator will evaluate the issue and take appropriate action to rectify the situation.

Quick Reply: Would I have won?