Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2016, 11:48 AM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,585 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

DAMN IT,,,,,,,,,,,, I guess I will have to stop carrying my kids in the rear of the ZO6.

If you put the foam compartment divider in, you can hardly even hear them back there!

Old 07-21-2016, 11:57 AM
mrmagloo
Pro

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by chasboy
This could go round and round ad nauseum. Yes we survived lots of things, but the world is different now, and I dont give a flaming rat's behind about PC. Bottom line is that it just takes one hard stop and those kids become projectiles.
Really? Cars now a days wouldn't last back then? Are they less impact resistant and safe today? Where exactly are you getting your info Chas? Again, this was wrong, no doubt about it - And, nobody is condoning it. But, who here has never driven themselves or been in a car with a kid without a car seat, or wearing seat belts, EVER? Is this REALLY National Frigging News? Damn libtards want to crucify everything that doesn't follow their little PC nanny state roadmap, and it's sickening.

Give the woman a $100 ticket, and stop billboarding her as Public Enemy #1 for Gods sake. Don't we have more important things to deal with?

Get a grip Chas, and remember Hillary is counting on you.
Old 07-21-2016, 12:11 PM
crazystevex
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

pshhh so what? my 2nd Corvette ride was in the hatch going over 130mph in a 95' we used to put 4 people in the vette and 5 in the trans am and cruise around all the time. Even went through a DUI check point and the sheriff was laughing his *** off when he saw 2 people crammed into the back of the vette then let us on our way, but that was in the late 90's before all of America went full retard with keeping itself safe from itself.
Old 07-21-2016, 12:36 PM
chasboy
Le Mans Master

Received 914 Likes on 721 Posts
Oldtimer

Originally Posted by mrmagloo
Really? Cars now a days wouldn't last back then? Are they less impact resistant and safe today? Where exactly are you getting your info Chas? Again, this was wrong, no doubt about it - And, nobody is condoning it. But, who here has never driven themselves or been in a car with a kid without a car seat, or wearing seat belts, EVER? Is this REALLY National Frigging News? Damn libtards want to crucify everything that doesn't follow their little PC nanny state roadmap, and it's sickening.Give the woman a $100 ticket, and stop billboarding her as Public Enemy #1 for Gods sake. Don't we have more important things to deal with?Get a grip Chas, and remember Hillary is counting on you.
Nothing like a little name calling to show your true colors? Just because we got away with the things we did or had doesn't mean it the best thing to do. Our cars today are safer and better in many ways, and I'd love to know what the human cost would be if a modern car had an altercation with a mid 50's American car. Things is you don't KNOW either. It's just a bunch of griping about things that seemed "better". I know nothing about this woman being billboarded, just what I've seen here.
You worried about your "freedom" to kill or maim yourself and your passengers, well go right ahead and exercise that "right", but don't take me and mine with you. I ADDED a seatbelt to my first car because I hated sliding across the seat when I took a turn. Yes, I always wear a seatbelt, never allowed my children and now grandchildren to ride in a car unbelted. There are certain fates I'm unwilling to tempt just so I can exercise my "freedom" to ride without a safety device that can prevent injury.
So go ahead and keep calling people names. You will be very comfortable in the Middle Ages which is what you seem to long for. Oh, btw, Hillary can count on me
Old 07-21-2016, 12:48 PM
mrmagloo
Pro

Nothing like a little name calling to show your true colors? Just because we got away with the things we did or had doesn't mean it the best thing to do. Our cars today are safer and better in many ways, and I'd love to know what the human cost would be if a modern car had an altercation with a mid 50's American car. Things is you don't KNOW either. It's just a bunch of griping about things that seemed "better". I know nothing about this woman being billboarded, just what I've seen here.
You worried about your "freedom" to kill or maim yourself and your passengers, well go right ahead and exercise that "right", but don't take me and mine with you. I ADDED a seatbelt to my first car because I hated sliding across the seat when I took a turn. Yes, I always wear a seatbelt, never allowed my children and now grandchildren to ride in a car unbelted. There are certain fates I'm unwilling to tempt just so I can exercise my "freedom" to ride without a safety device that can prevent injury.
So go ahead and keep calling people names. You will be very comfortable in the Middle Ages which is what you seem to long for. Oh, btw, Hillary can count on me
Spoken like a true-blue Liberal. That's OK. We understand the need to take grossly disproportionate actions on every little scary thing that happens out there. And, the need to leverage the bully pulpit to condemn, tar & feather, and crucify all those that make a mistake. Spank a misbehaving kid, and you deserve to loose them. Forget a seat belt, 10 o'clock news for you. Guns - Oh heaven forbid. But, if a gangbanger shoots and kills an innocent child bystander, it's societies fault. Makes total sense.

Don't worry, I get the drill.
Old 07-21-2016, 12:59 PM
chasboy
Le Mans Master

Oldtimer

Spoken like a true-blue Liberal. That's OK. We understand the need to take grossly disproportionate actions on every little scary thing that happens out there. And, the need to leverage the bully pulpit to condemn, tar & feather, and crucify all those that make a mistake. Spank a misbehaving kid, and you deserve to loose them. Forget a seat belt, 10 o'clock news for you. Guns - Oh heaven forbid. But, if a gangbanger shoots and kills an innocent child bystander, it's societies fault. Makes total sense.Don't worry, I get the drill.
You get nothing. You don't know me. If you did, you would know I don't agree with any of those uninformed reactionary assumptions you made. I believe in working together, for all of us, not just the rich people who have pulled the wool over your eyes. I'm the spawn of working people, a avid supporter of same, and believer in the manufacturing jobs that should still be in this country. FWIW, I voted for Nixon, Bush1 and Reagan, and maybe would have for McCain if he hadn't picked that divisive idiot as a running mate. Be careful with your assumptions, and stop labeling someone who could be parked next to you at a corvette show.
Old 07-21-2016, 01:08 PM
73Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 465 Likes on 375 Posts

As the thread by Ramm21 clearly shows the Coupe C5 does NOT have a trunk, it's a terrarium... now back to regularly scheduled debate...

It could have been WAY worse... WHAT if she had been seen stuffing her cat in the trunk...she would be facing life in prison or the death penality...

Last edited by 73Corvette; 07-21-2016 at 01:17 PM.
Old 07-21-2016, 01:24 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

IF,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, You have a C5 or C6 VERT, there really is a TRUNK and it is separate from the drivers cockpit/compartment.

With the top UP, you can fit a few kids back there in the ISOLATION!

With the top down, it takes up a good bit of space..

Just saying..
Old 07-21-2016, 01:26 PM
Glasact
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 49 Posts

I remember cruising around with three girls in my "67" Sort of in the trunk..................
In Mini Skirts!
Old 07-21-2016, 01:42 PM
chasboy
Le Mans Master

Oldtimer

Originally Posted by Bill Curlee
IF,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, You have a C5 or C6 VERT, there really is a TRUNK and it is separate from the drivers cockpit/compartment. With the top UP, you can fit a few kids back there in the ISOLATION!With the top down, it takes up a good bit of space..Just saying..
Bill, your analytical ability knows no bounds! I'm better versed at evaluating the trunk space in 50's and 60's cars. It's officially known as the "Goodfellas Thorax/Extremities Volumn Capacity".
Old 07-21-2016, 02:04 PM
Aug Air
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It's about the same as the people that hold their babies in their laps on airplanes to avoid paying for a seat. One large bump and those kids go flying.
The following users liked this post:
chasboy (07-21-2016)
Old 07-21-2016, 02:50 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Bill, your analytical ability knows no bounds! I'm better versed at evaluating the trunk space in 50's and 60's cars. It's officially known as the "Goodfellas Thorax/Extremities Volumn Capacity".
LOL!

I have an 11 GS, and I ALWAYS look at the possibilities for the TRUNK useage! Know what I mean?

BC
Old 07-21-2016, 03:05 PM
laurent_zo6
Melting Slicks

Received 312 Likes on 227 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

The left will not rest until we are all in our safe spaces and eating food designed by Big Brother. According to Comey, Hillary could not get approved for a security job after lying and endangering our safety. The lemmings will keep voting for her. In the meantime I will enjoy driving my Z06 until the left comes and takes it away and tells me what kind of car I can drive.
Old 07-21-2016, 03:16 PM
mrmagloo
Pro

You get nothing. You don't know me. If you did, you would know I don't agree with any of those uninformed reactionary assumptions you made. I believe in working together, for all of us, not just the rich people who have pulled the wool over your eyes. I'm the spawn of working people, a avid supporter of same, and believer in the manufacturing jobs that should still be in this country. FWIW, I voted for Nixon, Bush1 and Reagan, and maybe would have for McCain if he hadn't picked that divisive idiot as a running mate. Be careful with your assumptions, and stop labeling someone who could be parked next to you at a corvette show.
Yes, it's all about the rich people bring you down, lol. All I gotta say is I sniffed you out in 10 seconds flat. If you think Hillary's skirt is gonna save you, good luck. If she wins, forget about the bill of rights. You won't have to worry about choices. That safe little cocoon is exactly what you will get. Nuff said.

Oh, and I'm not in the least worried about parking next to you anywhere, friend. I'm sure we'd end up being pals.

Last edited by mrmagloo; 07-21-2016 at 03:35 PM.
Old 07-21-2016, 06:27 PM
chasboy
Le Mans Master

Oldtimer

Yes, it's all about the rich people bring you down, lol. All I gotta say is I sniffed you out in 10 seconds flat. If you think Hillary's skirt is gonna save you, good luck. If she wins, forget about the bill of rights. You won't have to worry about choices. That safe little cocoon is exactly what you will get. Nuff said.

Oh, and I'm not in the least worried about parking next to you anywhere, friend. I'm sure we'd end up being pals.
You really think the Koch brothers care about your rights and freedom? They care about the profit and bottom line. If you are useful to them fine, when you are not they will throw you away like the barons tossed the serfs.
I don't get why you think Hillary is my savior. Do you really think there's a liberal agenda? What about the conservative agenda? I'm trying here, but you insist on thinks like 'sniff me out'. To repeat, you don't know crap about me. I don't like ideologies. Anyone can have a good idea, liberal or conservative. I vote for the person with the best idea, and if you don't like my choice that's fine. No need to abuse me, especially since I support your right to do so.
Then lets stop the venom. If you and some of the others here are reasonable thinking people, the least you can admit is that NO side is right all the time or wrong all the time. I disliked the hippies philosophy as much as I reject the extreme right.
Old 07-21-2016, 07:22 PM
mrmagloo
Pro

I think we found common ground. It irritates me to no end that in this entire great country, with some of the sharpest minds on the planet, these two POS candidates are really the best we could muster up? Sickening. Anyone that does't think we have some serious issues, better pull their head out of the ground quick. While I dislike Trump with a passion, letting Hillary fill the SC seat with a liberal will be the beginning of the end of the USA as we know it.
Old 07-21-2016, 09:50 PM
chasboy
Le Mans Master

Oldtimer

I've been saying for awhile that if the "none of the above" button were a possibility now would be the time to use it. That would also include all of the POS congress people who've stopped working for the people and work to preserve their power positions. Time for term limits. As for the ultimate choice, Trumps in it for himself and would really ruin the country. He talks out of both sides of his mouth, is a bigger liar than any of the earlier candidates, and has the mind set and thin skin of a teenage girl. I worked in an urban school district for 36 years, do believe me, I know the drama style.
Now let's go wax our really cool cars!

Get notified of new replies

To Mom stuffs kids in trunk

Old 07-22-2016, 07:01 AM
Shakeydeal
Melting Slicks

Received 304 Likes on 254 Posts

You really think the Koch brothers care about your rights and freedom? They care about the profit and bottom line. If you are useful to them fine, when you are not they will throw you away like the barons tossed the serfs.
I don't get why you think Hillary is my savior. Do you really think there's a liberal agenda? What about the conservative agenda? I'm trying here, but you insist on thinks like 'sniff me out'. To repeat, you don't know crap about me. I don't like ideologies. Anyone can have a good idea, liberal or conservative. I vote for the person with the best idea, and if you don't like my choice that's fine. No need to abuse me, especially since I support your right to do so.
Then lets stop the venom. If you and some of the others here are reasonable thinking people, the least you can admit is that NO side is right all the time or wrong all the time. I disliked the hippies philosophy as much as I reject the extreme right.
Glad to hear it. And welcome aboard the Trump train, it's gonna be a lovely ride.......

Shakey
Old 07-22-2016, 07:05 AM
work_truck
Burning Brakes

Received 97 Likes on 57 Posts

In case you haven't seen it! pretty awesome to see how far things have come

The following users liked this post:
73Corvette (07-22-2016)
Old 07-22-2016, 08:41 AM
chasboy
Le Mans Master

Oldtimer

Originally Posted by work_truck
In case you haven't seen it! pretty awesome to see how far things have come
Sure is! Thanks

Quick Reply: Mom stuffs kids in trunk